Light comfortable headphones for someone with very large ears?
Jan 5, 2021 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

overhaze

100+ Head-Fier
With lock down I've been having a lot more long gaming sessions but I'm running into a problem. All my headphones become uncomfortable after about two hours. It's a combination of my very large forward facing ears and the fact my favorite headphones are quite heavy. That's fine for listening to music, not so much for sitting with them on for a few hours at a time. So I need a light pair of headphones with large earpad's and deep cups. I'm not a competitive gamer so I could not care less about footsteps. I want fun and immersion.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Jan 5, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #11 of 21
That's always an option. Not an area I have much personal experience with to be honest. I've never found any with the type of soundstage I like but like I say I haven't tried that many.

there are now countless earphone offerings in the Chinese market in all forms (open back, closed back, earbud, earphone, etc). They seem great but there are too many to try! There's an awesome thread here on HeadFi wading through them all. Only downside is its 3000+ pages.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/

I've found Apple Earpods to be my favorite, and find them to soundstage surprisingly well. Sometimes I get tricked and think I forgot to plug them in.

I've heard these are good but they're on the big side. maybe your big ears will be your advantage!

https://penonaudio.com/smabat-st-10s.html

Jan 5, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #13 of 21
Same goes for Ananda and Jade II. They are made for giants. I wonder how asian people and woman can handle this.
that's borderline cringe. lol

anyway the large earcup is a design advantage for cup resonance, and houses a large planar driver capable of very low frequencies and very tall soundstage. that being said, I don't find the earcups deep. OP needs deep earcups, not tall and wide.

Jan 6, 2021 at 1:24 AM Post #15 of 21
What about Sennheiser hd58x hd6xx ..? I think, they are a little bit bigger than Beyers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back