Libratone Q Adapt On-Ear: Thoughts?
Aug 14, 2017 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AnthonyInTX

New Head-Fier
With the ongoing decline of the 3.5mm jack in cell phones these days, I'm looking at getting a pair of high-quality on-ear bluetooth headphones. There's a lot to like about the Libratone Q Adapt On-Ear: the adjustable noise cancellation, the (apparent) quality audio, the form factor, and the little flashy lights that make my tech-nerd heart skip a beat (even if they are probably extraneous).

Does anyone have any experience with these things? The reviews I've read have been almost entirely positive, but I thought I'd reach out to those of you who really know what you're talking about and see if any of you have any strong feelings about them. If I'm going to shell out over $200, I want to make sure I'm getting something good.

Jan 6, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Got a pair for Christmas. Initial impressions:
Overall sound quality is excellent. Been listening mostly to 320kbps mp3s and streaming via Spotify and Google Play, all on my LG V20. Almost exclusively rock and low-key electronica. Active noise cancelling is quite good--there are 4 levels, and level 4 blocks pretty much everything. There is a low, slightly audible hiss when noise cancelling is at the highest level, but it's not intrusive. Bass is deep enough without being disruptive (I am decidedly not a bass-head), mids are solid, and treble isn't too sharp. Nice neutral sound profile.
Earpads are very soft and comfortable, but like other on-ears, do kind of wear on you after extended listening. Very lightweight, so you barely notice they're there. Battery life is solid. Not sure about the promised 18-20 hours, but I've had no problems.
Touch controls have a low learning curve, but can be a bit touchy at times. You have to use your fingertips in a very specific way to take advantage of the track advance or backtrack feature. Still, it's really neat that you can play/pause, change volume, and change tracks with no buttons.
Design language is top-notch. They look very, very cool (not that that really matters, but it's a nice touch). It's silly, but I like the light-up bird logo. :smile_phones: I got them in "cloudy white" but they're also available in "stormy black."
Are they going to replace your favorite wired headphones? Will they overtake the Bose QC 35 or Sony WH-1000 as the top of the wireless, noise-cancelling heap? No, probably not. But if you want a light, high-quality pair of wireless on-ears that look great, sound great, and won't break the bank, the Libratones are a terrific option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back