LH Labs Verb IEM Impressions Thread
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #91 of 308
Well, is there anyone going to cam jam next week? How about bringing the verbs there to ask the people from LH labs? Might be a faster way to get a response then from this forum. The silence from LH labs in general, and casey in particular, on this is deafening.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #92 of 308
  Well, is there anyone going to cam jam next week? How about bringing the verbs there to ask the people from LH labs? Might be a faster way to get a response then from this forum. The silence from LH labs in general, and casey in particular, on this is deafening.

Could be a tough time for LH - there at Can-Jam to talk about all things Geek and all anyone will want to talk about is a $159 (I mean $25) IEM....

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #93 of 308
I bet $100 everyone will get the same automated response.
"We're still checking on it and we'll release an update soon"

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:23 AM Post #94 of 308

Could be a tough time for LH - there at Can-Jam to talk about all things Geek and all anyone will want to talk about is a $159 (I mean $25) IEM....

I doubt too many people will pose questions regarding the verb, it won't be the main draw for people anyway (or it won't even be a draw). Either way, the verb is part of the geek line up, and i think was supposedly quoted to be an excellent pairing with the wave. So its either it isn't a good match at all, or the product in the hands of those with negative reviews were...poorly built.

Mar 24, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #95 of 308

I doubt too many people will pose questions regarding the verb, it won't be the main draw for people anyway (or it won't even be a draw). Either way, the verb is part of the geek line up, and was quoted to be an excellent pairing with the wave. So its either it isn't a good match at all, or the product in the hands of those with negative reviews were...poorly built.

How could they claim it pairs well with the Wave when it isn't even finished? Maybe they had enough of the Wave built to make that claim when they were designing (cough) the Verb. I guess the Wave likes bass-heavy iems? I don't know exactly what to make of this but there are a lot of Adjectives that come to mind.

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #96 of 308

How could they claim it pairs well with the Wave when it isn't even finished? Maybe they had enough of the Wave built to make that claim when they were designing (cough) the Verb. I guess the Wave likes bass-heavy iems? I don't know exactly what to make of this but there are a lot of Adjectives that come to mind.

I don't remember the exact phrasing, but I think was mentioned that the verb was designed to pair well with the Wave, or something like that.

I may be wrong though, but that was the impression I got. They add and remove perks and descriptions I don't know what's what anymore. Anyone able to remember anything remotely similar?
confused.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #97 of 308
From the cyber Monday email:

"As you know, we're releasing our Geek IEM's at a crazy 76% off MSRP as our Cyber Monday Special. These in ear monitors have been in development as a match to our Geek Wave, and are going to be ready a little early. We'll be publishing this perk Sunday evening at 6:00PM Pacific time. Quantities are limited and we're asking you to only order a maximum of two pieces per person. We want as many people as possible to be able to enjoy a pair."

From Gavin's email about the X version:

"Great news, backers. Larry’s engineering team has been working on a balanced version of the Geek IEM “Earbuds” that we’ve previously opened to pre-order. The reason this is important is because all of our Geek Wave models XD 128 and up have a balanced TRRS connector output. We’re calling these little guys Geek IEM-X."

Mar 25, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #100 of 308
Maybe it is to their taste and from their mail way back they bring out the best of the Geek Wave.
They were tuned to Gavin's and Larry's liking to be a companion for the Wave.

Maybe the Verb will sound significantly better with the Wave, after you hit a secret switch to enable some godly EQ Preset, like Beats + Beats Soundpreset on the HTC Phones, which even adds more bass...

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:42 AM Post #101 of 308
I'm sending my set off today to be measured. It's going international, so it will be a couple of weeks before I have the results. Should get raw frequency response, diffuse field and olive-welti compensations, CSD, distortion and impedance graphs. I'll post here once I have the results.

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #102 of 308
The Verb IEMs have been burned in for over 200 hours now.  Listening tests at several points during burn in were consistent after the first 20 hours.  The sound is unfocused and muddy.  I am also now getting midrange buzz.  Burn-in was a listening levels.  I think I now have my answer.  These IEMs are unlistenable.  Sigh.

Mar 25, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #103 of 308
It seems like a midrange buzz could be a problem with the IEM?

I'm going to listen to mine tomorrow.  I have one pair with < 1h and one pair with > 200h of burn in.  Should be interesting.  

I'm also planning on covering the bass port and giving that a try.

Mar 27, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #104 of 308
Have been able to spend a little more time with the Verbs SE and the Xuma PM73's now. Not able to do a full review, but here are some high-level thoughts. 

IMO they are voiced differently. The Xuma's have a more pronounced high-end, which I find a bit grainy and annoying. The mids are more forward while the bass is not as present. 

The Verbs have much more bass, which can be a bit muddy at times but is not too bad (clearly depending on what you are comparing it to - no chance they match my K10's or LCD-3F's). The mids are a bit recessed, but not in a bad way, and the highs for me are much more pleasing and easier to listen to, without the grain or cloying bits that cause me pain. 

I'd say that I'd pay the IGG price ($39) for the Verbs over the Xuma's any day, but that for the list price of the Verbs versus the retail price of the Xuma's ($25) there's much more of an active trade-off to be made. 

Cheers 

Mar 27, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #105 of 308
  Have been able to spend a little more time with the Verbs SE and the Xuma PM73's now. Not able to do a full review, but here are some high-level thoughts. 

IMO they are voiced differently. The Xuma's have a more pronounced high-end, which I find a bit grainy and annoying. The mids are more forward while the bass is not as present. 

The Verbs have much more bass, which can be a bit muddy at times but is not too bad (clearly depending on what you are comparing it to - no chance they match my K10's or LCD-3F's). The mids are a bit recessed, but not in a bad way, and the highs for me are much more pleasing and easier to listen to, without the grain or cloying bits that cause me pain. 

I'd say that I'd pay the IGG price ($39) for the Verbs over the Xuma's any day, but that for the list price of the Verbs versus the retail price of the Xuma's ($25) there's much more of an active trade-off to be made. 

Cheers 

At least they are different from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back