LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #466 of 482
Just received a refurbished V60 sold from Hong Kong. Shipped V600TM A13, first thing i did was enable hifi quad dac setting, lo and behold! No audio from applications! Chrome youtube even gave an audio renderer error. Can hear system ringtone/keyboard sounds though.

My guess is a software issue?

All i’ve done is tried two A10 T-mobile roms, same issue and then upgraded to A11 ver. V600TM20g, and unlocked the bootloader. Still no good.

Bought hifi-up, it shows my Variations are connected as a normal device.

Poweramp free trial, i can play flac hotel california at 24bit 192khz, no resample with hi-res output. In the hi-res output settings the options goes up to 32bit/352.8khz.

A few questions:
1. Since in settings and audio-wise Hifi quad doesnt work, does that mean my phone is running off 1 dac?
2. Poweramp supposedly bypasses the android limitation of 48khz, but hifi quad is still disabled in settings, how come i can get 24/192khz and potentially up to 32/352.8?
3. I heard A14 will remove the kernel limitation on sample rate. I’m subscribed to Apple Music which online research shows allegedly does not bypass the android audio system unlike tidal etc. Would a root be able to bypass this in any way?
4. Have i misunderstood how the quad dac works? Is this only because poweramp is bypassing the system, and if i use apple music i’ll be restricted to output 48khz because hifi quad doesnt work?
5. Rooted to hopefully figure out how to force high-impedance mode so it shows up in the Hifi Up app. Would this change anything at all?

Thank you and apologies if this is silly

HI, I am really sorry.

Short answr: First thing first: RETURN IT ASAP IF POSSIBLE.
Long answer: You got what is called "frankenstain V60", its basicaly replaced with non orig. parts to get it to work somehow, but the result is usualy giga trash. Trash batery, trash screen, trash audio jack sound, changed motherboard (your issue probably).
Basically, you got a fake phone.
More info is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/LGV60/comments/u9p9yz/purchased_a_refurbished_lg_v60_visually_pristine/

and search google/reddit for "frankenstain v60".

Damn this is my post after 2 years of not being on this forum.

Look on Ebay for used ones, good review and with 30d return. You might order more than one to find the right one, but it is possible.
I got giga lucky, ordered two from two different sources and both seem orig, just used. Everything works perfectly. This was 1 month ago! So its still definitely possible.

PS: Stay away from "New, sealed"... does not exist anymore, look for "used" from trusted seller. AND preferably not from China/Hong Kong, there are usualy only those frankenphones. Get from America.

Good luck and let me know in Private Mesage for more question.

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:12 PM Post #468 of 482
The V60 I bought on amazon that was advertised as new and sealed (here) was actually new and sealed (I'm using it now, functions perfectly and came with A10). They are out there.
hi, when did you buy it? do you have any photos of unboxing it? thanks

Jan 19, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #469 of 482
Oh, sorry I didn't film the unboxing. I didn't think this was a problem. I bought my unit december 18th, got it before christmas. It had the plastic wraps on it and nothing wonky is happening with my V60 yet.

Big performance upgrade over V50 too, if only meridian had tuned this phone too lol.

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #470 of 482
Oh, sorry I didn't film the unboxing. I didn't think this was a problem. I bought my unit december 18th, got it before christmas. It had the plastic wraps on it and nothing wonky is happening with my V60 yet.

Big performance upgrade over V50 too, if only meridian had tuned this phone too lol.

any chance you remember if you had the first or the second screen "protector"? android 10 seems pretty legit tho

Attachments

• Screenshots_2024-01-20-01-29-24.png
    Screenshots_2024-01-20-01-29-24.png
    647.5 KB · Views: 0
Jan 19, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #471 of 482
I don't remember either one, it was a clear wrap like my V50. My V20 was a refurb when I bought it years ago, it had an obvious third party screen, my V60 doesn't have any obvious flaws like that one did.

It could be a very carefully refurbed unit, I can't confirm because I have had no reason to disassemble and examine the main PCB yet, but nothing tipped me off as my V60 not being new (I have never received a refurb phone that had all the annoying little plastic protectors stuck to everything).

Jan 20, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #473 of 482
the only thing i didn't like that Aliexpress selling US rom v60s, and even with european ROM flashed as A13, 5G network doesn't fully unlock, also USB-C is dodgy, but you can still find some cable on ebay, which will help charge it, and quite fast, other than that, i loved camera, 5000mah heavy capacity, 3.5mm port, quad dac, screen, brightness, interface, 4g speeds at 41mbps, meh

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #476 of 482
Hi guys can you give me some advice where to buy legit lg v60 to Europe??
hi, your best bet is EBAY and NOT FROM CHINA, go for USA, choose seller where you can return your phone, order like 2-3 phones together (differend sellers may be the best) and test them all together, search info on reddit how to know if its fake or legit, and return the fake ones and keep the real one, if all 3 are fakes, you need to try again.. thats the only way I think... I got very lucky, I got 2 good ones from: "yumnatel08" and "havearly"

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #479 of 482
I really don't know why anyone would fake an LG phones. They aren't samsung or iphone.

Apr 25, 2024 at 5:17 AM Post #480 of 482
I really don't know why anyone would fake an LG phones. They aren't samsung or iphone.

because its from 2020, not crafting anymore, and if they buy it in mass (like 10 broken phones for price of 1), or even use unoriginal parts (much cheaper) and sell it for 300$, thats whats called bussiness I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

• AnnR
Back