LG V60 ThinQ smartphone
Apr 6, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #301 of 482
Looks like the V60 won't get Android 12.
Not really a fan of Android 12 on my Pixel 6 and prefer Android 11 over Android 12 so don't really mind my V60 staying on Android 11, although the last security update I received for my V60 is January 2022 (not great). Will most likely retire my V60 before the apps I use on it stop working (only use it for music and web browsing/reading).

Apr 22, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #305 of 482
Android 12 dropped today for the T-mobile variant, installed smoothly for me with no issues so far.
I just today received my used v60 (from Oscar on this forum). It also is showing the android 12 update ready to download but I may wait to hear if people are having any issues before I install it. Very excited, really impressed with the phone so far.

May 3, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #306 of 482
How have you guys been faring with the V60? So far after being burned with the V10 years ago, maybe I was expecting a hit too much out of the same DAC chip, but am feeling much less impressed with it, both in tuning and power output
Granted, I have way smaller collections back then. No T1 and Z1R either.
But first impression was that it's quite bright and maybe a tad lean sounding.

May 3, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #307 of 482
I don't have a problem with it, or any of the past LG Quad DAC phones sounding bright or lean. I've always appreciated the convenience of having great analog audio out of my EDC device. They historically haven't performed up to the level of a high-end DAP (like SP2000, KANN Cube, etc), but that's a bit of an unrealistic expectation, IMO, and it gets closer than it should for the cost. The biggest issue is low voltage output in low-impedance mode, either requiring cable trickery or an amp if higher levels are needed.

May 9, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #308 of 482
How have you guys been faring with the V60? So far after being burned with the V10 years ago, maybe I was expecting a hit too much out of the same DAC chip, but am feeling much less impressed with it, both in tuning and power output
Granted, I have way smaller collections back then. No T1 and Z1R either.
But first impression was that it's quite bright and maybe a tad lean sounding.
My impression too, I had several V series, ending with V60 as well. V60 has last iteration of ESS Sabre DAC (https://www.esstech.com/essnews/lg-...ation-headphone-soc-with-quad-dac-technology/)
All of them were bit on the bright side ... or they are all very neutral, and my other DACs are leaning warm.
Regarding power output ... there's known trick to get it in different power ouptu mode if impedance of headphone/IEM is less than 50 ohms.

May 15, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #309 of 482
Hi, new to this forum.

I was hoping to purchase a V60 purely for use with Apple Music along with YouTube, Netflix, UFC fightpass and Disney+ With the addition of a data only broadband SIM (For Australia).

From what I’ve found out so far Apple Music will only play ALAC 24bit/48khz and not 24/192. Has this changed
I’ve read through this forum and saw the increased impedance compared to earlier V series. My intent is to use this device with a handful of IEMs (S12, Variations) and 2 headphones (Edition XS, DCA Aeon X Closed), would they be affected by this change?

Lastly, is it possible to install system wide EQ apps for either the native Android DAC and LG quad dac?

Thanks.

May 26, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #310 of 482
I've tried it with my Final Heaven II which is very sensitive to hiss and it's fine,
Then Onto my IM02 and IM04, both are infamous for changing sound signature with high Output Z source,
Result: it sounds much better out of the V60 compared to my XZ Premium. So I don't think the output Z will be a problem at all for multi BA IEM.

Aug 23, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #311 of 482
I thought so. Though I wouldn't say the V60 sound is not decent. In fact it might be better for critical listening in my experience so far.
But the V50 has a more pleasant (yes more natural) tuning and being smaller is more practical. The bigger screen (but with less analysis) and the battery are advantages of the V60. I will use them interchangeably.
oh gosh, I just bought a v60 after my v50 died, assuming its gonna sound even better lol

Aug 23, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #312 of 482
oh gosh, I just bought a v60 after my v50 died, assuming its gonna sound even better lol
Not sure what all reasons you have for an LG, but after dismal SQ (personal taste, of course) from V40, V50 & V60 I scored a brand-new backup V30 THAT STILL HAD FM from a vendor who was on eBay, and maybe Amazon, in March. I'm guessing the secret sauce I like is the B&O tuning.

There may still be hope !!

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #314 of 482
Not sure what all reasons you have for an LG, but after dismal SQ (personal taste, of course) from V40, V50 & V60 I scored a brand-new backup V30 THAT STILL HAD FM from a vendor who was on eBay, and maybe Amazon, in March. I'm guessing the secret sauce I like is the B&O tuning.
V30 and V35 were/are really great phones :)
Just curious - what headphones were you listening to all these LG phones on?

Aug 23, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #315 of 482

DT880 600Ω, which can certainly incite arguments on SQ pairing with any particular music player. But I've had a version of Beyer's 880 600Ω since 1979, along with many of its European contemporaries. I always wind up partial to their SQ for my listening habits. And, yes, the LG's don't have sufficient oomph to drive my 300Ω and 2 600Ω cans, so I jack up the juice with various outboard amps.

My bottom line: the V20 & V30 are THE best-sounding music players I've ever plugged my stuff into & played music out of - fabulous terrestrial FM receiver, music through Neutron, and online sources as well. I'll hopefully hold onto them forever or until somebody finds a way to wring magic out of an ES9038PRO-based player.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back