LG V20 Sound Quality
Mar 21, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #2,253 of 4,141
seems like a dumb question but what volume do you guys listen to on the lg v20 hifi mode?

Listening through my ciems, I can only go up to 15 then it starts to hurt

Listening through my normal iems (kz zs3/zst) i can go up to 30 then it starts to hurt

I'm asking cuz I don't know how to check the decibels that I'm listening to and I'm really afraid of losing my hearing HAHA

Mar 21, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #2,254 of 4,141
No BnO tuning , No BnO headphone , And so far I know , the upgrade will be implementation wise , DAC (ESS 9218) will stay the same ..but no valid info on whether the integrated Amp will stay or not.
Unfortunate that G6 doesnt gave stereo speakers , only thing i miss in V20.
The V20 doesn't have stereo speakers either? At least mine and everyone that know that has one, theirs doesn't.

Mar 21, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #2,255 of 4,141
seems like a dumb question but what volume do you guys listen to on the lg v20 hifi mode?

Listening through my ciems, I can only go up to 15 then it starts to hurt

Listening through my normal iems (kz zs3/zst) i can go up to 30 then it starts to hurt

I'm asking cuz I don't know how to check the decibels that I'm listening to and I'm really afraid of losing my hearing HAHA

Reduce Left and. Right channel amplifications and increase volume to enjoy larger soundstage , less attack , more dynamic range

Mar 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #2,260 of 4,141
Been Using V20 with streaming services JioMusic (India Based) .
Have to say I get about 95-100% quality of playing the track (320kbps Mp3) in Native lg Music app .Excellent Organic Music Reproduction even from Streaming Services .

Conclusion : to get same audio quality as native LG music app ------
One can Use Streaming Service OR any music app from Google Play ------ as long as It doesnt have an in-built equalizer or if The Equalizer is turned off by default .

Mar 21, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #2,262 of 4,141
LG v20 is $480 @ T-Mobile. If you're somewhat of a headphone audiophile get it while you can. Probably the best Dap for under $500 right now. Still kicking myself in the ass for missing out on the $360 sale.

Mar 21, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #2,263 of 4,141
  There you go bro!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-20ohm-75ohm-100ohm-175ohm-for-HiFi-Audio-Player-Earphone-/272428465695?var=&hash=item3f6e007e1f:m:msl3vGtZnwXprEITP58EDow

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Short-Universal-3-5mm-Male-to-Female-Stereo-Audio-Extension-Cable-4-Pole-b5-/322062767956?var=&hash=item4afc6fd754:m:m6mKd2o79BdppBy6dB5yMAg

The phone won't damage your headphones unless you go silly with the volume. Make sure you are down to say 30/75 and go up from there.
You need to connect the headphone, adapter and extension together. Plug the lot into the phone and switch high impedance mode on. Leave the extension plugged into the phone, remove the 100 Ohm adapter and plug the headphone back into the extension. As long as the extension is plugged in, the phone will remain in high impedance mode.

I can confirm that the 75 ohm adapter above works on the V20 for enabling High Impedance Mode (HIM)! But you must put it into the PHONE FIRST with headphone cable connected to it, THEN connect the other side of the cable to the headphones. Doing it the other way won't enable HIM. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2,264 of 4,141
I can confirm that the 75 ohm adapter above works on the V20 for enabling High Impedance Mode (HIM)! But you must put it into the PHONE FIRST with headphone cable connected to it, THEN connect the other side of the cable to the headphones. Doing it the other way won't enable HIM. 

Great, but now we wait for the LG V6 or the HTC11 :grinning:.

Mar 22, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #2,265 of 4,141
Great, but now we wait for the LG V6 or the HTC11 :grinning:.

Oh, 100% NOT the G6. I read that the U.S. version WILL NOT feature the Quad DAC, but of course the int'l versions will. GOODBYE Felicia! LOL 

I won't get the int'l version of anything ever again unless I know for sure the company will certify VoLTE with T-Mobile the way HTC did for the unlocked U.S. 10. Apparently there's a chance that I may not be able to complete calls w/o VoLTE being enabled (emergency: probably but not 100% definitely; non-emergency: can't). And since companies like Sony Mobile (my former favorite) and LG are too cheap to spend the money on certification (LG wouldn't even certify B&O on the U.S. V20s! Fact!), that means with their int'l phones I wouldn't get VoLTE as an option even if the phone has the capability to use it, which for Sony Mobile and LG they probably always will, but it'll only show as an option in OTHER countries or other providers like AT&T that don't require certification. This article explains it better. I actually applaud T-Mobile for making it mandatory now after reading that. They want to make sure people don't have problems, so I applaud them for that. 

Assuming HTC certifies VoLTE for the 11, there's a very strong chance I'll upgrade to the 11/Ocean. But there are other factors involved too................will it have same great or improved DEDICATED DAC and DEDICATED headphone amp like the 10? Will it have an appropriately sized battery (3300 mAH or higher!!) for its rumored 5.5" screen? Will the camera be better (although the 10's with the 3 major camera updates is really really good!)? 

So yeah............HTC 11 is the ONLY phone I'd consider. The V30 I would too but it'll prob be a phablet and I tried the V20 and even w/o a case it was still too much phone for me. lol HTC forever! lol 
L3000.gif
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back