LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 30, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #617 of 4,141
I do agree that the v20 is louder than the S7edge, at least to me. I uses to almost max out my Jeeps volume when plugged into the AUX but the v20 seems to have more power. Plus it doesn't distort as much when I crank it up.

With that being said my best earphones right now are the standard Samsung freebies and a pair of Jaybird X2 that I mostly use at the gym. In the market for something probably know the mid range at this pointed.

The V20 senses the impedance of whatever headsets you are using and adjusts accordingly. Loudness will vary depending on what is plugged in,

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #618 of 4,141
The V20 senses the impedance of whatever headsets you are using and adjusts accordingly. Loudness will vary depending on what is plugged in,

That is true, however I need to "trick" my Audeze Sine, because they are a 20ohm planar, to utilize the external setting.

Oct 30, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #619 of 4,141

Correct. The headphones themselves will convert the signal to analog and output the sound.

Although the type of bluetooth connection (ad2p, apt-x, etc.), EQ settings on the player software, and other factors like file quality and wireless stability can still make a difference in how it sounds.

I "think" this means, the file is first decoded to analog, then it's recoded by the Bluetooth codec being used (ad2p, apt-x,etc), then on the Bluetooth headphones it's converted again to analog. I don't "think" direct recoding (ie. from mp3 to apt-x) is possible without a digital to analog conversion on the phone side. This is just my understanding and not a knowledge :) Bu if my theory is true, then DAC on the phone still effects on the quality of the bluetooth  headphone sounds.

I would welcome any comments or information with source...

Oct 30, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #620 of 4,141
There is no such thing as an analog bluetooth connection. All bluetooth devices transmit digital data/information only. The signal may be converted and/or compressed before transmission to fit within bluetooth's limited bandwidth but it's still digital at that point. How much (or how little) compression depends on which codecs both devices support.

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #621 of 4,141

I "think" this means, the file is first decoded to analog, then it's recoded by the Bluetooth codec being used (ad2p, apt-x,etc), then on the Bluetooth headphones it's converted again to analog. I don't "think" direct recoding (ie. from mp3 to apt-x) is possible without a digital to analog conversion on the phone side. This is just my understanding and not a knowledge :) Bu if my theory is true, then DAC on the phone still effects on the quality of the bluetooth  headphone sounds.

I would welcome any comments or information with source...

No, when using Bluetooth there is no analog-anything being done in the phone. It does not get re-recorded. However, it usually does get re-compressed which can add additional compression artifacts. If you're using a lossless file such as FLAC then it only gets compressed once on it's way to the Bluetooth signal, and if you're using Apt-X HD then it will be almost lossless (Apt-X HD is currently the best out there as far as I know).

Oct 30, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #622 of 4,141

if you're using Apt-X HD then it will be almost lossless (Apt-X HD is currently the best out there as far as I know).

Apt-x HD transmits at 576kbps but Sony's LDAC bluetooth can do 990kbps.

Haven't heard either codec in use yet but that much higher data rate had me researching LDAC compatible devices yesterday.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #623 of 4,141

Apt-x HD transmits at 576kbps but Sony's LDAC bluetooth can do 990kbps.

Haven't heard either codec in use yet but that much higher data rate had me researching LDAC compatible devices yesterday.

Hmm, hadn't heard of Sony LDAC, sounds interesting. From my understanding Apt-X will try to transmit lossless data when it can, but if it runs into bandwidth issues it starts using lossy compression. LDAC does look great, however Sony isn't known for sharing and it will probably be mostly limited to their own products. I wish someone would invent a better Bluetooth with more bandwidth, seems long overdue.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #624 of 4,141
The iPhone 7 Plus does. The extra camera in the V20 is a wide angle lens at a lower megapixel.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I am having a hard time getting very clear photos from my LG v20. On other phones I seem to get clear photos. I know that this phone has many more options for taking photos but when I take photos in auto it takes longer for it to get a clear picture and when I look at the pictures later the images are slightly blurry.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #625 of 4,141
I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I am having a hard time getting very clear photos from my LG v20. On other phones I seem to get clear photos. I know that this phone has many more options for taking photos but when I take photos in auto it takes longer for it to get a clear picture and when I look at the pictures later the images are slightly blurry.

I'm not sure what could be wrong. I don't have the V20, just the V10 which I've always had great experience with taking pictures. Like this one last night.

Full auto mode as well, didn't change a thing.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #626 of 4,141
loo
I'm not sure what could be wrong. I don't have the V20, just the V10 which I've always had great experience with taking pictures. Like this one last night.

Full auto mode as well, didn't change a thing.

I have found that when I take a photo and I press on the screen where the subject is the focus is much better. However, when I am trying to take a picture of a fast-moving subject that may not be possible. I may need to take more time and go outside and test different scenarios to see how best the camera works.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #627 of 4,141
I have found that when I take a photo and I press on the screen where the subject is the focus is much better. However, when I am trying to take a picture of a fast-moving subject that may not be possible. I may need to take more time and go outside and test different scenarios to see how best the camera works.

If you're taking a picture of a moving object then you need to use as fast of a shutter speed as possible.

Oct 30, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #628 of 4,141
If you're taking a picture of a moving object then you need to use as fast of a shutter speed as possible.

Agree, i do that with my DSLR, i think the cameras on this phone are great. But I have had other phones that seem to take better quick pictures. Sometimes i don't want to miss a moment and snap a fast picture.

Oct 30, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #630 of 4,141
  That is true, however I need to "trick" my Audeze Sine, because they are a 20ohm planar, to utilize the external setting.

I tried with an adapter, and then plugging in my EL8, but I don't know if it set itself to "high" power or not. How do I check that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back