LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 28, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #602 of 4,141
I decided to make the jump to the v20. I had both the pre and post recall Note 7 followed by the S7Edge. I just didn't like the S7e much.

I do listen to a lot of music and immediately noticed improvement on the v20. Though I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile so it's hard to put the differences into words. The clarity and split between L/R seems to be the two things I notice most.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #603 of 4,141
So my LG V20 is on its way. A friend from Taiwan kindly picked me up one there, as the release date for the unlocked one in the US has been delayed yet again. I will post a comparison against the V10 when it arrives. I'm also going to try and persuade another friend who owns the Vivo XPlay 5 Ultimate to lend it to me, as that is the best sound I have heard from a smartphone.

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #605 of 4,141
Coming from an Exynos S7 Edge, I find the V20 to be much cleaner/less congested. Instrument separation is better. L/R separation is more apparent and seems further apart if that makes sense. It's like the guitars that would usually be only on the left channel are DEFINITELY on the left now, and just a tad further sounding, but not more recessed. There isn't mid-bass bloat like on the S7. Cymbals sound more natural.

The only "downside" is it seems brighter, so it'll take me some days to get used to it. I listen at 40-50 on my XBA-A3 on normal mode, so kind of loud.

The XBA-A3 as one would expect activates normal amp mode. Removing the cable from the drivers and plugging it in to the V20 activates aux mode. But I'm not going to do that every time.

Oct 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #606 of 4,141
I do agree that the v20 is louder than the S7edge, at least to me. I uses to almost max out my Jeeps volume when plugged into the AUX but the v20 seems to have more power. Plus it doesn't distort as much when I crank it up.

With that being said my best earphones right now are the standard Samsung freebies and a pair of Jaybird X2 that I mostly use at the gym. In the market for something probably know the mid range at this pointed.

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #608 of 4,141
I do agree that the v20 is louder than the S7edge, at least to me. I uses to almost max out my Jeeps volume when plugged into the AUX but the v20 seems to have more power. Plus it doesn't distort as much when I crank it up.

With that being said my best earphones right now are the standard Samsung freebies and a pair of Jaybird X2 that I mostly use at the gym. In the market for something probably know the mid range at this pointed.

Don't forget to claim the B&O headphones, if you are able to (I think every one is at this point?). They're free so why not.

I've read Canadians can get the headphones from the stores they got the V20 at.

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20/promo

Oct 29, 2016 at 11:38 AM Post #609 of 4,141
Don't forget to claim the B&O headphones, if you are able to (I think every one is at this point?). They're free so why not.

I've read Canadians can get the headphones from the stores they got the V20 at.

http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/v20/promo

Thanks! I actually submitted yesterday so we'll see if I get approved. Doesn't seem like they get good reviews but free is free. I'm probably going to look into earphones in the $200-500 range.

Oct 29, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #610 of 4,141
Can I take advantages of the 4 dac even if connecting with bluetooth headphone? 
I have seen some reviews of v20 and they keep stressing the improved power gain in the 3.5mm jack, isn't it pointless if I connect with my bluetooth headphone?
Sorry for the stupid question.

Oct 29, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #614 of 4,141
  I see! Does it mean that bluetooth is actually sending the signal in digital form? and it makes no different no matter it is sent from a dap or a phone?

Correct. The headphones themselves will convert the signal to analog and output the sound.

Although the type of bluetooth connection (ad2p, apt-x, etc.), EQ settings on the player software, and other factors like file quality and wireless stability can still make a difference in how it sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back