LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 20, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #408 of 4,141
Ordered my v20 today via B&H. They say it will ship on the 26th which is 7 days from now. They also bundled a cheap Android tablet for free. I'll take free. I also hope that this thing can produce better audio experience than my HTC 10 or LG G5/hi-fi DAC. It seems like it's a pretty killer phone in the camera/phone department so I could keep it for those reasons (at least that's how I'll justify it to myself :)

V10 was released at $600 last year with just the extra battery, charger, and 200gb micro sd as promos. I'll take that over the $800 V20 with "free" crappy tablet and iems anyday.

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #409 of 4,141
Just a note that if you are ordering from B&H it is unlikely the V20 will ship on the 26th October (according to the customer service rep I spoke to). They are closed for Jewish holidays and so they are saying as a standard message for all orders that any shipping will not be until after 26th October.

I agree that the free gifts this time are lousy from most of the companies.  I have no need for a new tablet or earphones.  An extra battery would have been much more useful.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #410 of 4,141
lg v20 has frequency roll off at about 18khz, the others in the lg v series also has similar behaviour.. does it affect sound quality? could it be that users perceived better sound/separation due to the missing 18-20khz?

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #411 of 4,141
lg v20 has frequency roll off at about 18khz, the others in the lg v series also has similar behaviour.. does it affect sound quality? could it be that users perceived better sound/separation due to the missing 18-20khz?
most users can't hear anything above 18khz. And most measuring equipment starts to suck at this point, too. I don't take any measurements below 20hz and above 18khz seriously.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #412 of 4,141
Well, it appears the LG V20 is available on Verizon now for Pre-Order. Supposed to be released on the 27th according to the Verizon salesman. I noticed on the bottom it mentioned something about earphones (as well as a Stylo 2 for $1 junk). I'm more interested in the earphone promo. Anyone else hear anything?

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #414 of 4,141
  Just a note that if you are ordering from B&H it is unlikely the V20 will ship on the 26th October (according to the customer service rep I spoke to). They are closed for Jewish holidays and so they are saying as a standard message for all orders that any shipping will not be until after 26th October.

POW!  Thanks for posting that.  I am super anxious to get my new phone and was worrying about whether the unlocked versions might take more time to come out.  Fingers crossed.

I'm really looking forward to this phone.  Spotify is definitely part of my music routine, so I'm looking forward to improving the quality of the experience.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #415 of 4,141
I've really been enjoying my V20 since it came in yesterday from T-Mobile. I don't think I've managed to do much other than listen to music on my V20 since it came in. I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to developing my ears but I've had fun switching between my **** 4in1 IEMs and my Sennheiser HD598s. I definitely think it sounds better than my HTC 10 did driving the 598's but that's probably just the extra power from the quad DAC. I have a Dragonfly black headed my way for use on other devices and it might be fun to try and A&B it with the V20. 

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #416 of 4,141
I've really been enjoying my V20 since it came in yesterday from T-Mobile. I don't think I've managed to do much other than listen to music on my V20 since it came in. I'm still a bit of a newb when it comes to developing my ears but I've had fun switching between my **** 4in1 IEMs and my Sennheiser HD598s. I definitely think it sounds better than my HTC 10 did driving the 598's but that's probably just the extra power from the quad DAC. I have a Dragonfly black headed my way for use on other devices and it might be fun to try and A&B it with the V20. 

Wait it is out for T-Mobile?

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:06 AM Post #420 of 4,141
I received my V20 yesterday. I need more time with it. The initial feel is good. Driving the Sine I still need to bump to high volume but the sound is clear with no background noise. I will try it more as I have time and compare to my AK. I also had the HTC 10 for a short time. Later I will try the Sine as well as my Solar and report back when I can dedicate listening time. To be fair I was trying to set up my phone when I was listening and wasnt really focused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back