LG V20 Sound Quality
Oct 12, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #347 of 4,141
The bootloop 'issue' on lg is caused by a failing battery. Replacing the battery solves it, its not a design flaw.

Not true. I have a bootloop LG V10. The issue is caused by overheating Snapdragon CPU when its in throttling mode, and melt away molds of the components on motherboard.Replacing battery wouldn't do a thing, it's UNFIXABLE. It's a hardware defective bug due to lack of heat dissipation in design

Oct 12, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #348 of 4,141
Not true. I have a bootloop LG V10. The issue is caused by overheating Snapdragon CPU when its in throttling mode, and melt away molds of the components on motherboard.Replacing battery wouldn't do a thing, it's UNFIXABLE. It's a hardware defective bug due to lack of heat dissipation in design

Apologies, I have no experience with the v10. I went through the bootloop with my g3 and a new battery sorted it. I guess there can be different causes for each individual case

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #350 of 4,141
Isn't manufacturing defects like the boot loop bug the reason there are warranties, and insurance through the carrier's? I've had my V10 just a couple weeks shy of a year now and I've had no issues, but if I did, the insurance would take care of it.

Oct 12, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #355 of 4,141
High!

I'm looking for an upgrade, - either an 'audiophile grade smartphone', or a combo of 'smartphone + portable headphone amplifier'.

What are your thoughts (cons/pros) on comparing these two alternatives:
1. 'LG V20' or
2. 'iPhone 7plus + Portable Headphone Amplifier' ?

I'm using 'JVC HA-FX700 Stereo Mini-Headphones' wired to iPhone 4S in Apple OSX environment (iTunes/Match, Mac etc), but looking now for best sounding alternatives to iPhone, and LG V20 seem very appealing...

What are your thoughts ?

you can get a cheap v10 to beat what u currently have or axon 7 or v20

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:54 PM Post #357 of 4,141
Isn't manufacturing defects like the boot loop bug the reason there are warranties, and insurance through the carrier's? I've had my V10 just a couple weeks shy of a year now and I've had no issues, but if I did, the insurance would take care of it.

Yeah, mine was replaced by Tmobile. But all data was lost.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #358 of 4,141
Yeah, mine was replaced by Tmobile. But all data was lost.

T-Mobile is not responsible for your data, neither is LG, we are all responsible for our own data to keep backups.
All phone companies have failure rates.

Some have been known to catch fire as well, lol, I'm thinking bootloop is a better outcome than a burning phone.

This is something the consumer must deal with. And by always keep weekly or daily backups.

Also I still haven't seen proof of the v10 having mass failure rates, like the G4.

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #359 of 4,141
T-Mobile is not responsible for your data, neither is LG, we are all responsible for our own data to keep backups.
All phone companies have failure rates.

Some have been known to catch fire as well, lol, I'm thinking bootloop is a better outcome than a burning phone.

This is something the consumer must deal with. And by always keep weekly or daily backups.

Also I still haven't seen proof of the v10 having mass failure rates, like the G4.

I can agree on keeping backups. However customers are God, and customers can complain regarding whatever happens to their experiences with the phone, especially when it comes to critical bug that brick theirs.

How many Note 7 exploded and reported? 35 - Thirty Five. Globally. Did Samsung recall them? Yes. Did Samsung admit the problem? Yes.

How many V10 has bootloop? I don't know the exact number but the number of people have that problem on Reddit thread is far more exceeding 35 and counting. https://m.reddit.com/r/lgv10/comments/4yao1s/v10_bootloop_please_report_in_this_sticky_thread/?ref=search_posts

Oct 12, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #360 of 4,141
I can agree on keeping backups. However customers are God, and customers can complain regarding whatever happens to their experiences with the phone, especially when it comes to critical bug that brick theirs.

How many Note 7 exploded and reported? 35 - Thirty Five. Globally. Did Samsung recall them? Yes. Did Samsung admit the problem? Yes.

How many V10 has bootloop? I don't know the exact number but the number of people have that problem on Reddit thread is far more exceeding 35 and counting. https://m.reddit.com/r/lgv10/comments/4yao1s/v10_bootloop_please_report_in_this_sticky_thread/?ref=search_posts

Seems to me like this is a problem with only this the USA release of the phone from the look of the thread you posted.
Maybe you guys got a bad batch?

What's to admit?

if it's within the warranty period, get a replacement or refund.

I wouldn't expect any phone in today's market is designed to last a long time.
The software run on them makes them redundant really fast.

Also I should add that a phone catching fire is a critical incident, if only 1 phone in any company decides to self combust, the entire model should be recalled, that I agree with.
But not 30 harmless faulty phones, out of how many thousands, your comparison has nil logic.

But heading back on topic the v20 is looking sweet, please bring it to Australia ASAP LG.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7q4lqhvlVQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back