LG V20 Sound Quality
Nov 26, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #1,201 of 4,141
Poweramp for Android comes with equalizer settings that you can set to each song? Do other Android media players do that as well?

Does anyone else have any general 'iPhone-to-Android switching' advice? Specifically for someone who is still a Mac user.

Does Google have a contacts manager app that syncs with Android? I could replace the Mac one with a Google one, as long as I only have to manually move contacts once. I know they have a calendar that I can sync with Mac Calendar pretty much just by setting all my calendar stuff to 'Google Calendar' in my Mac Calendar settings.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,202 of 4,141
See, I have PM-3 and I use them directly off the (still existing on iPhone 6+) headphone jack without amp. They are slightly less loud than other headphones I have, but if the v20 run them at least as loud, I'm fine.

Hi!

Yes, plenty of loud - I wasn't necessary speaking about volume but rather sound quality - like does the bass extend further down - does it have more body to it (at the same volume level) etc.

The PM-3 does sound really nice from a iPhone 6 and iPhone 7 - don't have a + though. But putting it on a good amp lifts it up a bit - making it even better. To my ears and your mileage may vary

Cheers.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #1,203 of 4,141
Poweramp for Android comes with equalizer settings that you can set to each song? Do other Android media players do that as well?

Does anyone else have any general 'iPhone-to-Android switching' advice? Specifically for someone who is still a Mac user.

Does Google have a contacts manager app that syncs with Android? I could replace the Mac one with a Google one, as long as I only have to manually move contacts once. I know they have a calendar that I can sync with Mac Calendar pretty much just by setting all my calendar stuff to 'Google Calendar' in my Mac Calendar settings.

The file transfer app for the Mac is called: Android File Transfer -it's free and works well.

For contacts - just import your contacts into your gmail account on the Mac - done, it will sync over the cloud to your Android phone. I am using iOS and Android and using gmail everywhere makes these switches very painless and my Mac, iPhone and Android are always in sync.

Cheers.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #1,204 of 4,141
Hi, has anyone been able to get the v20 to work with dac/amps like the oppo ha-2 without the use 3rd party apps i.e UAPP ? I've tried connecting a couple of dac/amps with a usb type c adapter and cant seem to get it to work.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #1,205 of 4,141
Mac only ever copies, so I can go into the individual master folder, drag it to SD, and it'll still have a copy. I just had a thought though, I wonder if an SD drive needs to be formatted for Mac and if it does, will Android recognize the card? I kind of think an SD card must not be format dependent because photographers use gen to move from their cameras to their Macs and maybe even back or somewhere else.

SD cards in MS-DOS FAT16 and FAT32 or EX-FAT format work just fine on Macs - no issues. Only NTFS there Mac cannot write - only read (but there are apps for that which can enable NTFS writing as well).

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:11 AM Post #1,206 of 4,141
SD cards in MS-DOS FAT16 and FAT32 or EX-FAT format work just fine on Macs - no issues. Only NTFS there Mac cannot write - only read (but there are apps for that which can enable NTFS writing as well).

Which formats can Android read/write?

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #1,207 of 4,141
Which formats can Android read/write?

MS-DOS FAT16 and FAT32 or EX-FAT plus various linux formats but these are not used on SD-cards.
Cheers.

Nov 27, 2016 at 6:58 AM Post #1,208 of 4,141
Different sensitivity? Mine doesn't hiss with Sennheiser IE80. I tried 2 different V20s. It's not bad.

Hey there. My only IEMs are the IE80s and im thinking about buying the V20.  Would appreciate if you helped me with a couple of questions.
do the IE80s trigger any special mode (aux, high impedance etc.)? If they dont, did you manually trigger aux mode, or just listened to them in normal mode?
do you feel any difference (in volume and/or quality) with the V20 in comparison to another phone without external gear (amp, dac etc.). im coming from an LG G3 and wanna know if there's a difference. 
Would like to know your overall experience with it and to know if there's is a reason to upgrade from the LG G3 audio-wise.

Thanks ALOT!

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,209 of 4,141
Hey there. My only IEMs are the IE80s and im thinking about buying the V20.  Would appreciate if you helped me with a couple of questions.
do the IE80s trigger any special mode (aux, high impedance etc.)? If they dont, did you manually trigger aux mode, or just listened to them in normal mode?
do you feel any difference (in volume and/or quality) with the V20 in comparison to another phone without external gear (amp, dac etc.). im coming from an LG G3 and wanna know if there's a difference. 
Would like to know your overall experience with it and to know if there's is a reason to upgrade from the LG G3 audio-wise.

Thanks ALOT!

Hi, I own IE 80s and use a V10. The IE 80s don't need Aux mode to sound good. They sound very good just straight from the jack. In my personal experience, the V10 needed 10 hours of break In before the dac/ amp started to sound good. It further improved with time.

The difference between the G3 and V10 is frankly night and day. The same with G3 and V20.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #1,210 of 4,141

Yes it does. I don't know if others do, but Poweramp does. It's pretty easy to apply & save it to each song too. The only thing is when you get a new phone, even if you save the settings a file (aka "Export"), it saves everything but the songs you chose to apply a specific EQ too would need to be redone. 

Yeah. Google backs up all your contacts by default I believe, and the apps you get (free or paid) as well. Not sure on transferring that info from iPhone to Android, but there prob is something like that out there I'm sure. Ok, so at least you got the calendar thing covered. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #1,211 of 4,141
See, I have PM-3 and I use them directly off the (still existing on iPhone 6+) headphone jack without amp. They are slightly less loud than other headphones I have, but if the v20 run them at least as loud, I'm fine.

The PM3s will be a little quieter than the iphone when plugged in. But if you do the external mode trick you'll get the same output as iphone 7 but I think better quality.

Do the high impedance trick and you'll have plenty

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,212 of 4,141

I would recommend iSyncr for sync between iTunes on the mac and the V20. I use it with my mac and the V10 and it syncs playlists great and also syncs playcount updates back to iTunes (from Poweramp for sure, other music apps too)

I also use Smoothsync to sync ical on the mac to Google calendar. 

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #1,213 of 4,141
The PM3s will be a little quieter than the iphone when plugged in. But if you do the external mode trick you'll get the same output as iphone 7 but I think better quality.

Do the high impedance trick and you'll have plenty

What is the high impedance trick?

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,214 of 4,141
What is the high impedance trick?

Plug in the 3.5 jack into the phone while unplugging the headphones connectors. It tricks the phone into outputing more power via Aux line out . Then plug in the headphone connectors. Or you could just buy an additional adapter and not do the above.

I wish you could manually chose between high and low gain, bud sadly you cannot

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,215 of 4,141
Just any 3.5 jack? Or does it need to be a special kind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back