LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jul 5, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,511 of 3,525
I own the Hong Kong version of LG V10 (H961n), manufacturing date is July 2016. Rockin the thing until now, no bootloop problem even though sometimes it gets hot after extended Netflix streaming.
Not considering to change phone anytime soon.
I' really confused now. Just can't decide whether I should make the gamble and go with the V10 or take the safe route and buy an M8.

Everybody seems to have a different story with the V10. One perspective makes me decide to shun the V10, while the next one lures me again towards the device. Don't know what to do now..:frowning2:

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #3,512 of 3,525
I' really confused now. Just can't decide whether I should make the gamble and go with the V10 or take the safe route and buy an M8.

Everybody seems to have a different story with the V10. One perspective makes me decide to shun the V10, while the next one lures me again towards the device. Don't know what to do now..:frowning2:

Yes the experience may vary, I happened to use the phone since brand new and its been 9 months now without any sort of hiccups or not to mention bootloop. Honestly this also exceeded my expectations of the phone mileage. If you can find a brand new V10 then go for it, but im not so sure with the used ones.

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #3,513 of 3,525
Yes the experience may vary, I happened to use the phone since brand new and its been 9 months now without any sort of hiccups or not to mention bootloop. Honestly this also exceeded my expectations of the phone mileage. If you can find a brand new V10 then go for it, but im not so sure with the used ones.
Thank you.
Don't think I can get a brand new at this point of time and considering the place where I put on, but will try and test the refurbished device well before buying.
God knows the aftermath though:frowning2:
Thank u.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #3,516 of 3,525
Hi can someone please tell me that if there is lg stock music app available on at&t v10?I am asking this because I am looking to buy an unlocked at&t v10 here in canada and I learned that sabre dac only works with stock lg player and at&t foolishly omitted it from their software.

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #3,517 of 3,525
Hi can someone please tell me that if there is lg stock music app available on at&t v10?I am asking this because I am looking to buy an unlocked at&t v10 here in canada and I learned that sabre dac only works with stock lg player and at&t foolishly omitted it from their software.

If the phone is updated to Marshmallow or Nougat, the sabre dac will no longer be restricted to just the stock LG player.

Nov 24, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #3,519 of 3,525
So LG fixed it itself in stock ROM or there is some other way around?

Correct. LG rectified the problem without needing the DAC Fix app that someone released for Lollipop. I've been using Neutron Music Player because playing 24bit/96kHZ flacs are a treat on the v10. Well, was using because my v10 finally bit the dust two days ago. I suggest you get yourself an insurance plan from AT&T and try to find out if the v10 has a manufacture year of 2017 to avoid the bootloop or sudden death issue, which mine succumbed to the latter.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #3,521 of 3,525
... Well, was using because my v10 finally bit the dust two days ago. I suggest you get yourself an insurance plan from AT&T and try to find out if the v10 has a manufacture year of 2017 to avoid the bootloop or sudden death issue, which mine succumbed to the latter.

If it was a bootloop problem LG will repair it for up to 24 months - USA. If the screen is cracked or signs of abuse they may not fix it. The warranty is extended to the 2 years but only for this particular problem. Sorry to hear that you V10 bit the dust. Mine is still working fine.

Nov 27, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #3,523 of 3,525
If the phone is updated to Marshmallow or Nougat, the sabre dac will no longer be restricted to just the stock LG player.
Bets move is to upgrade to Nougat asap, they fixed most glitches and bugs with this version, the UI is just leaner, it doesn't consume more power and sound signature didn't change one bit.
Mine has been running strong for 18 months, best investment ever. Ergonomy is one of the best I've seen so far for a 5,7" smartphone, especially when you see thet removed the 2nd screen from V30. At least they didn't remove the jack and didn't go for these awful round edge screens (nice design but ergonomic disaster and no added value/function whatsoever).

Nov 28, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #3,524 of 3,525
If it was a bootloop problem LG will repair it for up to 24 months - USA. If the screen is cracked or signs of abuse they may not fix it. The warranty is extended to the 2 years but only for this particular problem. Sorry to hear that you V10 bit the dust. Mine is still working fine.

I don't live in the States but its great that LG is providing this service for phones older than the V30 and G6. I purchased mine when I was on a trip to Hong Kong. I have a choice of getting a new one cheap locally (can't confirm the build date yet) or send to Hong Kong's LG Service Center when I pass them on to my friend who lives there. Probably going with the latter so as to hope that the mainboards they use to replace are rid of the bootloop/sudden death issues.

Bets move is to upgrade to Nougat asap, they fixed most glitches and bugs with this version, the UI is just leaner, it doesn't consume more power and sound signature didn't change one bit.
Mine has been running strong for 18 months, best investment ever. Ergonomy is one of the best I've seen so far for a 5,7" smartphone, especially when you see thet removed the 2nd screen from V30. At least they didn't remove the jack and didn't go for these awful round edge screens (nice design but ergonomic disaster and no added value/function whatsoever).

I too dearly loved my V10 and had it going strong with absolutely no issues for 23 months. The Fostex T50rp was just amazing with the Sabre dac. However it just suddenly decided not to wake after freezing on me when I was using Twitter last week. :disappointed:

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,525 of 3,525
I'm still holding onto mine despite moving to the Pixel XL and using an external dac. I can't really sell it either because it's heavily modded on Nougat. My mods include root as well as mixerpaths mod so all three dac modes - Normal, Aux and High Impedance - output the same volume as High Impedance mode regardless of what headphones are used. If I do a clean install of Nougat it will get rid of this and there is no way of going back. Guess I'll be using it as a dap every now again. Might be keeping this phone for the rest of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back