LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #3,481 of 3,525
Yes, I've tried certified Aptx headphones. Also my phone was reset to factory settings after to the screen repair. After that the sounds hickups were still there. The hickups a small (for a cond the sound seems to freeze) but very noticeble. And it didn't occur on my new Galaxy S7. So I think I have a strong case.
wink.gif

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:28 AM Post #3,482 of 3,525
Yes, I would send it off for repairs again, clearly writing the fault out and letting them know you have tried multiple devices, and you should receive​ a new main board, or a changeover v10, unfortunately these things slip through the initial product testing, or sometimes develope over time.
Good luck..

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #3,483 of 3,525
May 9, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #3,485 of 3,525
Head-Fi'ers, some interesting data on the LG V10. I recently bought the new Bass Edition of the Vsonic GR07 (2017 Edition with the detachable cables) ....these iems are rated around 50ohm ....awesome news is that these iems trigger high gain automatically on the V10 with no need for adapters to trick phone into this mode .....needless to say cant push volume much past 30-35 out of 75 and the sound sig is phenominal (to my ears at least) .... I have the V20 as well ...and unfortunately high gain mode is not triggered here ....boooo

May 10, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #3,486 of 3,525
Head-Fi'ers, some interesting data on the LG V10. I recently bought the new Bass Edition of the Vsonic GR07 (2017 Edition with the detachable cables) ....these iems are rated around 50ohm ....awesome news is that these iems trigger high gain automatically on the V10 with no need for adapters to trick phone into this mode .....needless to say cant push volume much past 30-35 out of 75 and the sound sig is phenominal (to my ears at least) .... I have the V20 as well ...and unfortunately high gain mode is not triggered here ....boooo
Update....interestingly because of the borderline Ohm rating (50) of the new VSonic GR07 BE it seems it doesn't work all the time in the V10 triggering high gain mode ....which I found potentially bad when it leaves the volume at a much higher setting (from when it picks up iem as normal ie> less than 50ohm) and then putting in headphones it switches to high gain mode and doesn't bring down volume!

May 12, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #3,487 of 3,525
Update....interestingly because of the borderline Ohm rating (50) of the new VSonic GR07 BE it seems it doesn't work all the time in the V10 triggering high gain mode ....which I found potentially bad when it leaves the volume at a much higher setting (from when it picks up iem as normal ie> less than 50ohm) and then putting in headphones it switches to high gain mode and doesn't bring down volume!

May 12, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #3,488 of 3,525
I've had my V10s a few months now and have been really impressed. Certainly good enough to dispense with an external DAC for on the go listening. I've only just got round to tricking them into Aux mode with my Noble Massdrop Xs and Shure SE 535 Reds. I was a bit sceptical that this was just about turning up the volume which isn't an issue with these IEMs but no, I really think it ramps up the overall fidelity a notch. I got into Aux mode by disconnecting one of the earpieces before connecting the cable but don't want to keep doing this as the earpiece connections are quite fragile. I'd like a simple right angle adaptor to do the job. Would this work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Adapters/Headphone-Adapters

Any other suggestions?

May 12, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,489 of 3,525
I've had my V10s a few months now and have been really impressed. Certainly good enough to dispense with an external DAC for on the go listening. I've only just got round to tricking them into Aux mode with my Noble Massdrop Xs and Shure SE 535 Reds. I was a bit sceptical that this was just about turning up the volume which isn't an issue with these IEMs but no, I really think it ramps up the overall fidelity a notch. I got into Aux mode by disconnecting one of the earpieces before connecting the cable but don't want to keep doing this as the earpiece connections are quite fragile. I'd like a simple right angle adaptor to do the job. Would this work? https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Adapters/Headphone-Adapters

Any other suggestions?

Here:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/lg-v10-activating-high-impedance-mode-not-just-aux-mode.806329/

May 24, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,491 of 3,525
I'm getting a really annoying notification that won't go away when I unplug and plug in aux chord in headphone jack. Is there anyway to disable this notification?

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #3,492 of 3,525

Easy fix with 3rd party app. "Equalizer" for free. Go to settings and increase "Sound amplifier". You may blow your ears out now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back