LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Mar 23, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #3,421 of 3,525
I use the stock music player for music files on my SD card, and Spotify. I see no reason to use anything other than the stock player for files on my SD card. Everything on my SD card is either Flac, or high bitrate MP3, but mostly Flac.

Mar 23, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #3,422 of 3,525
Thanks. I'll look into it. Anyone else?

UAPP is great but I use PowerAmp Alpha almost exclusively now. Imo, no other player matches it's sound quality.

True, it hasn't been updated since around this time last year but it wasn't intended as a final release. Play Store still has the original version with almost none of the Alpha's advancements.

There are a lot more audiophile phones and daps as well. Maybe the developers are having a hard time sourcing oem support for each device with separate dac chips. The V10 remains one of the few whose dac the Alpha supports

Might find more answers over at xda about the delays.

Mar 24, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #3,424 of 3,525
I recently tried to use viper4android on my V10. While it installed fine and showed as working, it seemed to eliminate the functionality of the separate DAC. When I toggled hifi DAC off in settings there was no difference in volume or any hesitation like I experience without viper4android.

Has anyone been able to get V4A to work with the HiFi DAC?

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,425 of 3,525
  I recently tried to use viper4android on my V10. While it installed fine and showed as working, it seemed to eliminate the functionality of the separate DAC. When I toggled hifi DAC off in settings there was no difference in volume or any hesitation like I experience without viper4android.

Has anyone been able to get V4A to work with the HiFi DAC?

yes on tmoblie version which one u have?

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #3,426 of 3,525
  yes on tmoblie version which one u have?

I have the European version H960. V4A worked fine but I believe it was playing through the Qualcom DAC not the Sabre HiFi DAC.

Mar 27, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #3,428 of 3,525
Hello everyone, I am a happy owner of an lg v10 combining music and listen to a grado sr 225E.

In your opinion what is the best player as pure sound quality for v10?

Check UAPP and Poweramp.

Apr 5, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #3,431 of 3,525
I've got another LG v10 on the way for warranty replacement. Just got one replaced under warranty on 8/29/16. Same issue, bootloop. I'm not sure the cause of this is heat. Last time it happened during some horrendously hot climate. It's been cool, and at times cold here for the last 3 months. I love this phone, but I've never had to send back a phone on warranty twice before.

Apr 9, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #3,432 of 3,525
Hi, just received an imported  brand new LG V10 HN961 into the UK from China for £227 inc postage.

Really looking forward to some serious  listening on my Beyers, DT990 and DT 770s, plus my Momentum 2 over ears and my Koss Portas. I am an enthusiast not an audiophile but  my first impressions of the LG V10...wow:  clean and balanced and powerful. Will post a little later with some more detail and comparison against my HTC M8 with the Cozy Astrapi external DAC.

I do acknowledge the boot loop problem and have the feeling my purchase is a little bit like playing Russian Roulete, but for that price I could not resist!

Apr 9, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #3,433 of 3,525
Hi, you will be glad you bought this phone. I don't think you will have to many issues running this phone as a DAP, the V10 as a whole had been the most stable phone I have ever owned.

The audio is better than any phone I have used, or tested, and it can do high quality FLAC and DSD tracks with ease.
The sound is really good on both power amp Alpha, and UAAP USB audio Pro players.

I believe, well in my case the phone didn't boot loop, but froze up with a software issue. And could not boot up.

And after resetting the device by doing an update (holding the volume up and plugging the V10 into a computer while in the off state, this will allow a software update/or install. Through a software package called LG bridge.

This is available at LG's websites, support area. No data was lost, the phone was how I left it after the software freeze up. Only updated.

Once I was able to update the software, to Android v6. The unit is running better than ever, has not skipped a beat, no heat, nil freezes, just a joy to use.
The sound from this v10, is really great to use with my ibasso IT03. And the usability and quality audio has improved a lot in ver 6.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #3,434 of 3,525
Hi, you will be glad you bought this phone. I don't think you will have to many issues running this phone as a DAP, the V10 as a whole had been the most stable phone I have ever owned.

The audio is better than any phone I have used, or tested, and it can do high quality FLAC and DSD tracks with ease.
The sound is really good on both power amp Alpha, and UAAP USB audio Pro players.

I believe, well in my case the phone didn't boot loop, but froze up with a software issue. And could not boot up.

And after resetting the device by doing an update (holding the volume up and plugging the V10 into a computer while in the off state, this will allow a software update/or install. Through a software package called LG bridge.

This is available at LG's websites, support area. No data was lost, the phone was how I left it after the software freeze up. Only updated.

Once I was able to update the software, to Android v6. The unit is running better than ever, has not skipped a beat, no heat, nil freezes, just a joy to use.
The sound from this v10, is really great to use with my ibasso IT03. And the usability and quality audio has improved a lot in ver 6.

Unfortunately this wasn't my experience at all. I recently discovered that I turned on auto-update on apps and the v10 often would update when I get home and have the phone plugged into the charger... The phone got super hot and it froze on me two nites ago as a result to that:frowning2:

So another tip for new users of v10, turn off auto-update​ and only update to apps when the phone is unplugged and you aren't running any power hungry apps. Keep your v10 cool if you wanna avoid the bootloop problem.

Apr 9, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #3,435 of 3,525
Unfortunately this wasn't my experience at all. I recently discovered that I turned on auto-update on apps and the v10 often would update when I get home and have the phone plugged into the charger... The phone got super hot and it froze on me two nites ago as a result to that:frowning2:

So another tip for new users of v10, turn off auto-update​ and only update to apps when the phone is unplugged and you aren't running any power hungry apps. Keep your v10 cool if you wanna avoid the bootloop problem.

This is an unfortunate event, and hopefully LG will deal with this overheating issue. It would be good for everyone if LG fix these hardware issues within their phones.

I have found greenify app, find at the google app store, has helped save power usage, and I can now easily achieve 5 to 6hrs of screen on time. And is an app worth looking into which will shut down the unnecessary apps running in the background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back