LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Mar 6, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #3,361 of 3,525

Bigger problem is there will be no ESS dac in the North American G6. It'll have wireless charging instead but no discrete dac/amp chip. LG is reserving the dac for parts of Asia only (but no wireless charging).

So neither region with have both features. I'll certainly be sticking to my V10 with added wireless charging until the V30 is released.

​Would you be so kind to point to me to a working wireless charging system for V10? I just got one non-original back with the wireless inductive charger, as well as a wireless charger. Both from eBay, but not working good. It charges, but it takes for ages, and the back is not of the original LG quality. (= unusable)

Mar 6, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #3,363 of 3,525
​Would you be so kind to point to me to a working wireless charging system for V10? I just got one non-original back with the wireless inductive charger, as well as a wireless charger. Both from eBay, but not working good. It charges, but it takes for ages, and the back is not of the original LG quality. (= unusable)

Mine is an aftermarket charging sticker (not LG) that fit inside the stock back cover. I had to remove the stock "sticker" and replace it with the charging one.

Wireless charging does take longer but I find that it either works or not.

Is your wireless charger a single coil or triple coil design? Triple coil ones usually say so on the packaging/specs and are longer: The extra coils make it easier to line up with the phone and provide a more continuous charge (might be a little faster too).

I use a Nokia wireless charger but there are tons of triple coil ones available:
https://www.amazon.com/Nokia-DT-900-Wireless-Charging-Plate/dp/B00A3NCC5K

The Tylt Vu is another good one:
https://www.amazon.com/TYLT-Wireless-Charger-Galaxy-Phones/dp/B00DG8NUC8

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #3,366 of 3,525
I'm using unrooted LG ROM. Do some custom ROM helps with heating and stability? Anyone can share their wisdom?

If you're experiencing heating and stability issues it's either hardware or skanky apps causing problems. A ROM won't make a huge difference. You mentioned heating issue - what are the battery temps when it gets hot and what are you running?

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #3,368 of 3,525
More apps drag the system down. You should activate the developer tools that is built into all droid phones (Google the steps) and activate the options;

1. Do not keep activities.
2. Background process limit = set to 1 or 2 for now.
3. Turn off the sync option also. That is a battery hog.
4. Go into apps and turn off/uninstall apps you don't want or use.

See your results. You may have too many things running draining and overheating your phone. This will also increase your battery life tremendously. Also turn off all animations. They are pointless. It will speed up the phone also. If you get good results increase the background limit to 3 but not more. It's best to re-launch the app then to keep it running unless you are on the phone all day and multi-tasking all day.

I always do this on droid phones and it makes them stable and smooth and makes the battery exceptional.

Mar 8, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #3,369 of 3,525
More apps drag the system down. You should activate the developer tools that is built into all droid phones (Google the steps) and activate the options;

1. Do not keep activities.
2. Background process limit = set to 1 or 2 for now.
3. Turn off the sync option also. That is a battery hog.
4. Go into apps and turn off/uninstall apps you don't want or use.

See your results. You may have too many things running draining and overheating your phone. This will also increase your battery life tremendously. Also turn off all animations. They are pointless. It will speed up the phone also. If you get good results increase the background limit to 3 but not more. It's best to re-launch the app then to keep it running unless you are on the phone all day and multi-tasking all day.

I always do this on droid phones and it makes them stable and smooth and makes the battery exceptional.

Good advice but limiting process to 1 or 2 can cause problems. Also, sync, if reasonable, shouldn't hamper performance much.

For a monitoring apps, CPU-Z is looking really good!  Anyone having problems, post a screenshot from CPU-Z from "Thermal" and "battery" columns and if running CPU/memory intensive apps a the time.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #3,370 of 3,525
"limiting process to 1 or 2 can cause problems?" Never had an issue. I don't have any problems doing it. Been doing it for years, over 15 actually. Like I stated unless you are running or need many things running it's not needed. Since this is a troubleshooting topic it's advised to do it to see if the problem resolves. Also sync does degrade performance a lot depending on the sync time set.

Mar 8, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #3,371 of 3,525
"limiting process to 1 or 2 can cause problems?" Never had an issue. I don't have any problems doing it. Been doing it for years, over 15 actually. Like I stated unless you are running or need many things running it's not needed. Since this is a troubleshooting topic it's advised to do it to see if the problem resolves. Also sync does degrade performance a lot depending on the sync time set.

My advice is to first rule out a hardware problem before making any changes that could have unintended consequences. If I couldn't leave sync enabled on my phone, it would be pretty useless for my needs. Except for the DAC maybe.

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #3,372 of 3,525
After the latest Marshmallow update my fingerptint sensor didnt scan well so I have deleted all 4 fingerptint scans and rescanned my 4 fingers. Interestingly now the scanner works more reliable than ever! Wanted to share as someone might benefit from this info...

Mar 9, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #3,373 of 3,525

Do you still find screen eats 70-80 % of battery even after your battery protective measures?

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3,374 of 3,525
Do you still find screen eats 70-80 % of battery even after your battery protective measures?

I set the screen to manual dim and set it to 50-60% and it's bright enough for me. The screen is the biggest hog that is true. My battery easily lasts a day. At end of day I'm at 80% but very light usage. Everyone will be different in their results. I turn off all the extra junk that is running as it's completely not necessary and just runs in the background and eats memory that eats battery life. That is the real trick to extending the battery among other things.

Mar 9, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,375 of 3,525
I set the screen to manual dim and set it to 50-60% and it's bright enough for me. The screen is the biggest hog that is true. My battery easily lasts a day. At end of day I'm at 80% but very light usage. Everyone will be different in their results. I turn off all the extra junk that is running as it's completely not necessary and just runs in the background and eats memory that eats battery life. That is the real trick to extending the battery among other things.

Sounds good, just wanted to get a little more detail on your usage patterns. Personally the screen almost never goes above 30% for me, but i never have the second screen go to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back