LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Mar 4, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #3,346 of 3,525
When people turn back and look at the history -say 10 or 20 years later- everyone will clearly see that a phone -capable of playing hifi at a reosanble price- to beat many daps and enter in to the audiophile world and change the way how the future phones needed to be sound. Even only because of this historic value (not to mention its great sound quality) and even if the v10 becomes outdated -as a phone- after 2 or 5 years, I will continue to use and keep it as a refernce point and as a DAP (if it didnt die at that period though).

Well said.

And please don't die. Head-fi is counting on you.

Mar 4, 2017 at 12:19 AM Post #3,347 of 3,525
You're welcome and...

...thank to you and all the people enjoying the audio! :)

------------

When people turn back and look at the history -say 10 or 20 years later- everyone will clearly see that a phone -capable of playing hifi at a reosanble price- to beat many daps and enter in to the audiophile world and change the way how the future phones needed to be sound. Even only because of this historic value (not to mention its great sound quality) and even if the v10 becomes outdated -as a phone- after 2 or 5 years, I will continue to use and keep it as a refernce point and as a DAP (if it didnt die at that period though).

Ideally yeah.... In reality i would be suprised(pleasantly) if this phone last for 2 more years...

I have a love/hate relationship with this phone: love the sound hate the build quality!!
The soc inside gets hot easily... The v10 has burned off my 128gb micro sd card due to heating:frowning2: & bootlooped on me before...

I suggest users to avoid multitasking with this phone like updating apps and watching youtube at the same time coz it gets hot!! Also throw your batteries in a charging cradle coz charging this phone and running apps will also get it dangerously hot...

While i adore the concept and the sq of v10 I abhor the crappy built quality and design flaws of this phone...

Mar 4, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #3,348 of 3,525
My V10 just received an official update through wifi, its faster and more fluid now. Also graphics and sound seems to be improved as well ! ! :)

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,350 of 3,525
Android 7.0 hasn't come to the V10. That update says version v20i which isn't actually the latest Marshmallow update available for the V10. My H901 is at v20l and I think some international variants are at v20m. But all are still 6.0.1

Latest news today is that Nougat will come the second half of this year as confirmed by LG executive.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #3,351 of 3,525
Mar 4, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #3,352 of 3,525
Android 7.0 hasn't come to the V10. That update says version v20i which isn't actually the latest Marshmallow update available for the V10. My H901 is at v20l and I think some international variants are at v20m. But all are still 6.0.1

Latest news today is that Nougat will come the second half of this year as confirmed by LG executive.

Very good news :)

Will be adding the info on the front page.

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:40 PM Post #3,353 of 3,525
Guess LG pushed back the release date. Nougat was supposed to be coming right about now for the V10.

No problem though. At least we know the update is still coming for those of us sticking with the V10.

Mar 5, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #3,355 of 3,525
Cool, V10 should have it before G4. Great news. My gf's G4 bit the dust a while back but she's had a V20 since then and I have got to be jealous of her having Android 7 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #3,356 of 3,525
You're welcome and...

...thank to you and all the people enjoying the audio! :)

------------

Ideally yeah.... In reality i would be suprised(pleasantly) if this phone last for 2 more years...

I have a love/hate relationship with this phone: love the sound hate the build quality!!
The soc inside gets hot easily... The v10 has burned off my 128gb micro sd card due to heating:frowning2: & bootlooped on me before...

I suggest users to avoid multitasking with this phone like updating apps and watching youtube at the same time coz it gets hot!! Also throw your batteries in a charging cradle coz charging this phone and running apps will also get it dangerously hot...

While i adore the concept and the sq of v10 I abhor the crappy built quality and design flaws of this phone...

You got a "bad" V10. Some run hot because of poor contact between processor and heat sink. According to xda at least. If all of our V10's ran hot you'd hear about it! I use the app OS Monitor to look at temps and cpu usage. It behaves as designed. Awesome phone in every way.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:40 PM Post #3,358 of 3,525
Owned two V10s here. First one died due to some silliness on my part and I'm still rocking my second one. No overheating problems on either one and I'm a very heavy user including multitasking as well as using whilst on QuickCharge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back