LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Mar 1, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #3,316 of 3,525
^do you have the tidal offline songs saved on the memory card? sorry forgot to mention it, just want to be sure before i take the plunge on the v10 or v20 as my backup phone, i've read somewhere that its a tidal issue and affects android devices but not so sure. From what i read its ok when saving to internal storage but sometimes skips when saved offline songs are using the memory card as storage, thanks in advance :)

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #3,317 of 3,525
^do you have the tidal offline songs saved on the memory card? sorry forgot to mention it, just want to be sure before i take the plunge on the v10 or v20 as my backup phone, i've read somewhere that its a tidal issue and affects android devices but not so sure. From what i read its ok when saving to internal storage but sometimes skips when saved offline songs are using the memory card as storage, thanks in advance :)

Yes Tidal offline from SD card, never had a problem. Same quality as my HTC10.

Edit. I don't think this is a Tidal problem to be honest. My Ibasso DX200 also works with Tidal offline with SD card. Some companies can get this working others can't!

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #3,320 of 3,525
Haven't been here in a while, but I need some help. 

Just this week, I've been having trouble with Tidal and USB Audio Player Pro on my V10. I reset the phone, and problem persists. Essentially, Tidal keeps stuttering, will play a few seconds, then stutters again. USB Audio Player Pro keeps saying "Error Initializing USB" - which is odd, because I'm not using a DAC.

I have no such issues playing the Spotify app.

Does this sound like a Tidal issue? Is anyone experiencing any issues?

Update: USB Audio Player Pro is streaming Tidal directly, bit-perfect. Let's see how long this lasts...

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #3,321 of 3,525

Just this week, I've been having trouble with Tidal and USB Audio Player Pro on my V10. I reset the phone, and problem persists. Essentially, Tidal keeps stuttering, will play a few seconds, then stutters again. USB Audio Player Pro keeps saying "Error Initializing USB" - which is odd, because I'm not using a DAC.

Update: USB Audio Player Pro is streaming Tidal directly, bit-perfect. Let's see how long this lasts...

Update: The second song started "scrambling," and sounded all jumbled. I haven't experienced this before.

Back to Spotify now.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #3,322 of 3,525

Update: The second song started "scrambling," and sounded all jumbled. I haven't experienced this before.

Back to Spotify now.

Did it happen on different wi-fi routers? Can you test the speed of your wi-fi - using speedof.me or similar?
If V10 was incompatible with Tidal we would have heard about it, so don't give up yet. If bandwidth definitely OK contact Tidal support.

Mar 1, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #3,323 of 3,525

Did it happen on different wi-fi routers? Can you test the speed of your wi-fi - using speedof.me or similar?
If V10 was incompatible with Tidal we would have heard about it, so don't give up yet. If bandwidth definitely OK contact Tidal support.

Thanks for the quick reply! I think the bandwidth is the issue, and the reason why Spotify works, but Tidal doesn't. 

I'll test at home, where my connection is between 20 and 100 times faster than the guest network at work, depending on how many devices I have connected. I'll see if the problem persists at home.

Mar 1, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #3,324 of 3,525
My experience with USB Audio Player Pro and Tidal is to be patient with it. It is buggy. If you select a song to be played and nothing happens, wait. One of wo things will happen - eiither the song will eventually play or you will get an error message. If you tap the song again before one of the two has happened, the song will be jumbled because it will be trying to play both the previously buffered song and the newly buffered song.

To avoid the USB error message, go into UAPP settings and ensure Play through Android is checked and Use USB DAC is not. Set Android sample rate to variable. Checking the bit-perfect option does not have any effect on Android audio (this is coming from the developer himself).

Mar 1, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #3,326 of 3,525
I believe that has to do with Tidal, functionality isn't the best imho.  

But it doesn't happen that much.  Just put it into offline mode when playing downloaded files.

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:46 PM Post #3,327 of 3,525
i get that in both v10 and v20, but i think it has to do with the external SD card. 

Thanks for the info bro, i dont think it has to do with the external sd card since i have read many people shifting to uhs3 cards that are good enough for 4k recording and still get the random skip... could be a tidal issue, was hoping it doesnt affect the v10 but turns out it does too

Mar 2, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #3,328 of 3,525
Tidal stores your music in encrypted chunks. If you guys are getting skipping, the app isn't de-crypting the chunks fast enough.

The V10 is still more powerful than most Androids in use still, so i'd really be surprised if it was anything but badly optimized code on the tidal app.

Nothing will be more problem free than files stored on your device, non encrypted.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,329 of 3,525

​The LG V10 is extremely loud when in "high Fidelity" mode. With a pair of Focal Elear (read reviews) it is impossible to play at max, it is too loud. However, the audio quality is true hifi. I have seen some reviewers concluding that LG V10 was the peak, and that V20 is a tiny step down from true high fidelity, due to a tint of "fun" added. I have not heard the V20.

And I don't care at the moment: I almost cannot get anything done due to this combo; LG V10 and Focal Elear. What a hifi team. Almost all reference recordings reveal a new layer of musicality and "precision level".

With Android 6, there are no snags whatsoever with the LG V10. Silk. Everything just works. And the battery is long lasting. One can suspect the original V10 had problems with Android 5.1 but that these were solved with Android 6.

Hi @chjan ,

Thanks so much for your input! I am going to add it with a link to the front page.

-------------------------------

I have been enjoying my V10 and will not give it up for any other phone ATM. And I hate companies treating us like hungry industrial chickens! I need one quality and stable system and I like to use it for at least 2 years!

I also can confirm that the battery life, fingerprint scanner and general stability is very much improved with the Marshmallow for V10. Can't wait to receive the Nougat update for this bad boy!

I have tried this phone with all of my headphones and iems. V10 have the power to drive -even the planars (T50RP in my experience)- and the sound quality matches perfectly with my AKG K7XX. Somehow it beats my GeekOut750 for this headphone. Better separation, better detail...

Also, this is the only mobile device to  power my modded AKG K240 Sextett headphones properly! I am talking about a 600ohm headphone which is hardest to feed. The combo sounds great too.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #3,330 of 3,525

Users who are viewing this thread

Back