LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 12, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3,256 of 3,525
  Actually, put it in the freezer for 3 hours, between some ice packs, and it's been 2.5-3 hours, problem free.  Not sure what's going on.

Back up your stuff while you can, and then I'd contact LG just to see what they'd do, because it doesn't hurt to ask! When they start dying, you can bring it back to life by letting the whole thing cool off, but really the processor starts destroying itself. In my experience with my gf's LG G4 you can bring it back to life about a half dozen times give or take a few times, and then it boot loops no matter what.

Jan 13, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #3,258 of 3,525
So does the LG V20 have these same issues? Hunting for a new phone to replace my good ol' Nokia N900 and kind of put off by all this if it's the same with the new model. Any recommendations are welcome.

Feb 4, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #3,260 of 3,525
Stupid question. I have an LG Optimus G Pro. No issues with it (except battery life) but sometimes I like to listen to the FLAC music I have on it. I was thinking to get an external DAC like the Opus HA-2SE but it's $299.99. A new LG V10 is $289.00. Don't both have the same amp and DAC chips? What should I do? Keep the LG Optimus ang get a new battery for it and the Oppo or just get the V10? I'm looking more for opinions on sound quality wise as I already know the specs on the phone compared to the Optimus G Pro.

Thank you.

Feb 4, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #3,261 of 3,525
Stupid question. I have an LG Optimus G Pro. No issues with it (except battery life) but sometimes I like to listen to the FLAC music I have on it. I was thinking to get an external DAC like the Opus HA-2SE but it's $299.99. A new LG V10 is $289.00. Don't both have the same amp and DAC chips? What should I do? Keep the LG Optimus ang get a new battery for it and the Oppo or just get the V10? I'm looking more for opinions on sound quality wise as I already know the specs on the phone compared to the Optimus G Pro.

Thank you.

Go with v10.  you can find a used one for really cheap.  Plus you can root and install viper4android.

Feb 4, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #3,262 of 3,525
I would also go with a v10, a the audio stage built into the V10 is fantastic, I think this phone is a great all in one solution.

It's also built like a tank, I have dropped this phone and sat on it heaps. I would go with a newer build date, like mid 2016. (With all the bugs ironed out in the hardware, if there is a build issue)

The build date is on the side of the box, the one I use was built in 02/16. It hasn't crashed once, rock stable. And the best phone I have used.

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #3,263 of 3,525

Thank you.

If i were u, i would get a version i can root..

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #3,264 of 3,525
Yes, it seems the v10 h960a, can have it's bootloader officially unlocked through LG. Or the H901 is the other'one I believe that can be bootloader unlocked.
I didn't appreciate the way all the different versions of the same product where done. I guess LG had their reasoning behind this madness.

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,266 of 3,525
Pretty good, I just flipped batteries with 25% capacity left, and I had done 5h and 46 min screen on time, with 4hrs standby.

Not too shabby, and considering I can flip a battery in and out and reboot all within 50sec, this makes this phone pretty special.

Feb 5, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #3,267 of 3,525
So if the Hifi is off how long does the battery last? I'm not a heavy or all day user.

Where is the best place and price to get the 200GB, spare battery and cradel? I'm on AT&T. AT&T are insane with their stupid Next plans. You pay 2x the cost of the phone.

I love LG, I think its time to retire my LG Optimus G Pro although its still working perfectly.

Thank you in advance.

Feb 5, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #3,268 of 3,525
So if the Hifi is off how long does the battery last? I'm not a heavy or all day user.

Where is the best place and price to get the 200GB, spare battery and cradel? I'm on AT&T. AT&T are insane with their stupid Next plans. You pay 2x the cost of the phone.

I love LG, I think its time to retire my LG Optimus G Pro although its still working perfectly.

Thank you in advance.

I get about 1.5 to 2 days with Hifi off but I'm also not a heavy user and I often run Shut App to close stuff in the background.

The battery, charger, and micro sd were part of an LG promo in 2015 when the V10 was first released. Not sure if you can buy them all as a set but the battery and charger can be had for under $40 right now. The memory card I got back then was an LG branded Sandisk but a similar Sandisk card currently goes for around $70.

https://www.amazon.com/LG-BCK-4900-Battery-Charging-Kit/dp/B01DQ32RZS

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-200GB-Micro-SDSDQUAN-200G-G4A/dp/B00V62XBQQ

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #3,269 of 3,525
I am a very heavy user (usually at least 6 hours a day active on the phone, often more) and can barely get 1.5 days in on a battery.
I swapped my stock LG battery for a 3rd party one after reading lots of Amazon reviews, and this battery has been doing great in my phone for a very long time.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #3,270 of 3,525
  I am a very heavy user (usually at least 6 hours a day active on the phone, often more) and can barely get 1.5 days in on a battery.
I swapped my stock LG battery for a 3rd party one after reading lots of Amazon reviews, and this battery has been doing great in my phone for a very long time.

Which battery did you go with if you don't mind me asking? I have 3 (yes three) standard lg batteries and I find my phone can't go half a day without needing to swap unless I'm literately not using it all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back