LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 9, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,243 of 3,525
Audio will be the same. The only difference will be the networks bands support but if you are going to use it as a DAP then it won't matter. I'm not sure if the H961n has a marshmallow update but the H900 does I think.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #3,244 of 3,525
Well, I wasted $10. Should have read the UAPP thread before I bought it, for a second time. According to the dev, music through Android is “an unknown”. Could go through the DAC, might not. Since I couldn't get a refund, Google policy, I gave it a serious listen. I couldn't discern anything.

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #3,245 of 3,525
Well, I wasted $10. Should have read the UAPP thread before I bought it, for a second time. According to the dev, music through Android is “an unknown”. Could go through the DAC, might not. Since I couldn't get a refund, Google policy, I gave it a serious listen. I couldn't discern anything.

I'm not sure what you're saying. You mean you couldn't get it to work? Lots of us here use it.

What happened?

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #3,246 of 3,525
I'm not sure what you're saying. You mean you couldn't get it to work? Lots of us here use it.

What happened?

I could get the “break”, switching between Hi-Fi on and off, but I couldn't discern any noticeable difference between off and on, except that on was a little louder. This was done in “Normal Impedance” mode.

Perhaps you could share your settings, I might see the difference?

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:19 AM Post #3,250 of 3,525
Dammit!!! Woke up to bootloop. V20 for me. Almost 2 years though, not bad.

When did you get it?? I thought this phone cameout ~13 months ago.. My boot-loop started after the first year. Luckily my friend got me extra 2months of warranty upon purchased. So I didn't have to pay for the new board. But the headphone jack is quite flimsy... Gotten loose again:frowning2:

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #3,251 of 3,525
Purchased from overseas, no warranty.
frown.gif
  I've done a bunch to this phone, especially when I had it rooted.  Overclocked the CPU and such.  I've had it since it first came out, so, about 15 months.  Not worth the repair, if I could find someone around here willing.  They never sold these in Canada, so parts alone would be a bear.

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #3,252 of 3,525
Purchased from overseas, no warranty.:frowning2:   I've done a bunch to this phone, especially when I had it rooted.  Overclocked the CPU and such.  I've had it since it first came out, so, about 15 months.  Not worth the repair, if I could find someone around here willing.  They never sold these in Canada, so parts alone would be a bear.

I see. Overclocking will definitely contribute to boot loop with this phone. If you are happy enough with it then definitely look into v20. It took me a month of wait to get my v10 back. I think this refelxes badly towards my LG experience:frowning2: meantime I was playing with my htc10 though I dislike the smaller screen, it does sound very good to my ears. I really need to be blown away by the sound quality before I would consider another LG phone though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back