LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 2, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #3,226 of 3,525
Looking forward to the comparison. I got my V10 in the fall of 2015.  Have not had any problems except for battery life, and you will have that with just about any smart phone.
Maybe we should start calling it the LG V(ince) 10.  lol    ♫

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #3,227 of 3,525
I still have'nt AB my V10 vs wife's V20. Anything I should try when I have a chance? don't want to install Onkyo HF player and match my EQ so whatver is a good test, let me know. Thaks all!

Jan 2, 2017 at 6:00 AM Post #3,229 of 3,525
  To me v20 is better in every way.  Also way less noise.

The IR sensor on V20 is also miles better. Takes like 5 minute for quickremote to work on my LG plasma. My wife V20 gets it nearly every time . I love the HELL out of my V10 but let's just say it breaks and LG offers me a V20... I'd be hapy. But A7 look ugley?

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #3,230 of 3,525
  The IR sensor on V20 is also miles better. Takes like 5 minute for quickremote to work on my LG plasma. My wife V20 gets it nearly every time . I love the HELL out of my V10 but let's just say it breaks and LG offers me a V20... I'd be hapy. But A7 look ugley?

Yes, when I got used to using my v20 I started noticing bugs in my v10 that I didn't really notice until I got the v20.  Calls, wifi connection and everything is just alot better.  Not to mention audio.

Audio and everything on the v20 blows the socks of the Axon.  To me, the Axon isn't as good as the v10.  The Axon lacks treble extension and clarity imho.  Definitely doesn't compare to the v20.

On the surface, I didn't think the v20 was worth the upgrade or the v10.  But now I'm very happy I did!

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #3,231 of 3,525
I still have'nt AB my V10 vs wife's V20. Anything I should try when I have a chance? don't want to install Onkyo HF player and match my EQ so whatver is a good test, let me know. Thaks all!

I'm curious about:

1) Tidal Hifi comparison
2) Spotify Extreme mode comparison
3) Any cd-quality (flac) files you have
4) If the V20 powers full size cans better.
5) Ideally, with no eq
6) If you have any dacs, whether one gives you any problems connecting it.

LOL, that was a lot.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #3,232 of 3,525
  To me v20 is better in every way.  Also way less noise.

Which would be perfect if it was available globally.
No way to get it in Europe, unless you buy an overpriced HK model with half of the LTE frequencies missing for Europe.

The Asian market has become the global priority lately. That's life.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #3,233 of 3,525
Received my replacement V10 from Verizon this afternoon. The box says "like new - certified replacement". It looks, feels, and acts like a brand new phone. Other than my slightly worn out battery cover, it looks brand new. It Has a build date of 8-25-16, so its definitely newer than my October 2015 unit. Screen looks much better with no signs of any image retention as it sits now. Side by side the screen on the new phone looks more crisp and clear. We'll see if it comes back anytime soon. It could be since its a fresh unit in terms of software, but so far it seems more responsive and quicker. The stock music app actually has no lag, which on my old phone was pretty much unuseable. The charge port and headphone jack both feel much tighter as well.

Edit: in a dark room i dont see any light bleed in the top left corner of the secondary display on this replacement device either.

Jan 5, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #3,235 of 3,525
Received my replacement V10 from Verizon this afternoon. The box says "like new - certified replacement". It looks, feels, and acts like a brand new phone. Other than my slightly worn out battery cover, it looks brand new. It Has a build date of 8-25-16, so its definitely newer than my October 2015 unit. Screen looks much better with no signs of any image retention as it sits now. Side by side the screen on the new phone looks more crisp and clear. We'll see if it comes back anytime soon. It could be since its a fresh unit in terms of software, but so far it seems more responsive and quicker. The stock music app actually has no lag, which on my old phone was pretty much unuseable. The charge port and headphone jack both feel much tighter as well.

Edit: in a dark room i dont see any light bleed in the top left corner of the secondary display on this replacement device either.

Been on VZW since 2003 and every time i got a replacement it has come just like that. Hope litz 420 can get LG to replace his. I don't know if mine is under any form of coverage anymore.

Jan 6, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #3,236 of 3,525
My Verizon V10 did an update last night. It seems to have just been a security update. Was hoping for something exciting like Nougat, but nope.

Jan 6, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,237 of 3,525
My Verizon V10 did an update last night. It seems to have just been a security update. Was hoping for something exciting like Nougat, but nope.

Same, same and same. Oh well.

Does the V10 have a CTIA or OMTP wiring. I ask this because I bought some 3 button+mic Android Monks and the mic and buttons did not work on my V10  BUT  works perfect on my gf's V20 . However I noticed she's been using her old iPhone 3 button + mic Apple buds since she got her V20 and it works fine on my V10 too. Maybe I needed an IOS  set of Monks?

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:57 AM Post #3,238 of 3,525
The three button remote on the Bose QC20 Android (Samsung) version and on the Noble mic cable which I bought for my ASG 2.5s work perfectly on my V10. Bose have separate versions for iOS and Android but there is only one Noble version so I'm not sure how the remote standards work anymore. It used to be Android phones were only compatible with the single button ones but I think that changed a few years back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back