LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 23, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #3,196 of 3,525
My LG V10 fell victim to the boot-loop fiasco. This is an issue now that the v10 has been around for 13+ months:frowning2:

This is the same bs reported last year from the g4 and now there's rumor that the v20 might have the same problem... Apparently it has lots to do with heat and motherboards components melting... This is really crazy... What do you think guys??

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,199 of 3,525
Sorry to hear about this. What is the manufacture date of your phone?

October 2015... I got the first batch. I've heard rumors that the motherboards made after 3/2016 has fixed the problem. Can anyone confirm this?? Now I'm hesitant to upgrade to v20 coz I think they also got the same prob:frowning2:

over on xda and android central users are now reporting of LG fixing and or replacing at no charge for the V10.

Even if you bought the phone used. I'd contact LG to get it fixed. Just mention the bootloop and let it go from there.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #3,200 of 3,525
over on xda and android central users are now reporting of LG fixing and or replacing at no charge for the V10.

Even if you bought the phone used. I'd contact LG to get it fixed. Just mention the bootloop and let it go from there.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Cool. I have a bootlooped V10 too.

BTW for the people who don't believe bootloop is a problem for V10, now you know it's real.

Dec 23, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #3,201 of 3,525
That's great if LG is willing to help out. Mine is still going strong but I am sure to back up anything very important to the SD card from time to time. My GF's G4 died of the boot loop, but it had been shutting itself off for weeks before that. Would suck more if the boot loop happened without warning.

Dec 28, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #3,204 of 3,525
Anyone else start noticing image retention, aka, burn in, on their V10? Just started noticing it last night. I can live with it the way it is right now, but if it's something that will continue to get worse then I'm not gonna be happy

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #3,206 of 3,525
Anyone else start noticing image retention, aka, burn in, on their V10? Just started noticing it last night. I can live with it the way it is right now, but if it's something that will continue to get worse then I'm not gonna be happy

Run jscreenfix or dead pixel fix app for a few hours and thank me later :wink:

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #3,207 of 3,525

I ran one last night for a half hour and it did help. This has never happened before. Is it going to continue to happen and get worse.

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #3,208 of 3,525
I ran one last night for a half hour and it did help. This has never happened before. Is it going to continue to happen and get worse.

I have not had it happen to mine yet which I am very surprised by. But I never leave the screen or second screen on the same picture for a long time, and I never game on my phone for more than 10 minutes at a time, so no real risk of burn in with static stuff there.  Plus my TV is a plasma so anti-burn in behaviors are just second nature to me.... so were you doing something like a game for a long time or someting else with visual elements that don't move? True that it will happen to all V10 in time, but should be able to warn it off for a goodlong time.

Dec 28, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #3,210 of 3,525

Users who are viewing this thread

Back