LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Sep 1, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #2,821 of 3,525
By far the easiest way is root and install ALSA mixer and never use an adapter agian, just tell it what you want it to do.

I had the pleasure of using it on a friend's V10 but i have no root interest so i can deal with the 5 step volume.

Sep 1, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #2,822 of 3,525
True, that will also work for more power.

I'm also against rooting my phone though. See it as similar to leaving my PC in permanent admin mode. Not good if something goes wrong and my phone's basic functions need to work.

Sep 2, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #2,824 of 3,525
Just received the DUNU Titan 5s in a trade. Even though they're sensitive iems, the Titan 5s benefit from the extra juice. The V10 in high-impedance mode is driving them with authority. Really nice pairing. 

Sep 5, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #2,826 of 3,525
Last week my V10's headphone jack was malfunctioning. I could only hear from the right channel, with intermittent left channel sound.
Fortunately the fix was not too difficult. Got the part around $12 from eBay, used a philips #000 driver to take down a dozen screws, pulled out the bad jack, put in the new one, nailed in all the screws and yes it is done. Took me no more than 10 minutes.
Should I blame LG for the quality control, or should I praise it for a easy fix? :happy_face1:

I had the same thing happen and did the same fix. It's easy and cheap. But I was curious what caused this to happen so I ripped the old headphone jack apart. Turned out, dust/lint collected inside and prevented the headphone plug from fully seating. Another symptom was the headphone stopped having a positive click when inserted. Just try a paper clip and see if you can dig out the lint. Hope this helps other v10 owners

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #2,830 of 3,525
So the V20 is out. Decent specs, time will tell what the dac actually is and how it sounds but man that design is crappy looking. I think the V10 is much sleeker. No upgrade for me then.

I was so jealous when I say the rumored battery spec at 4000 mah yesterday morning but when the official spec was announced at 3200, I thought they blew it. Nothing for me to think I need a new cell phone. Very little difference in specs.

Sep 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #2,835 of 3,525

IMO anyone who got a V10 for 220 or less used recently should be perfectly happy with it. I'm happy to see it still reigns supreme on dynamic range :)
Running stock fw unrooted, perfectly happy with it. I also just upgraded from a late 2012 phone which was beginning to feel extremely dated...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back