LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Aug 26, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #2,806 of 3,525
Last week my V10's headphone jack was malfunctioning. I could only hear from the right channel, with intermittent left channel sound.
Fortunately the fix was not too difficult. Got the part around $12 from eBay, used a philips #000 driver to take down a dozen screws, pulled out the bad jack, put in the new one, nailed in all the screws and yes it is done. Took me no more than 10 minutes.
Should I blame LG for the quality control, or should I praise it for a easy fix? 
happy_face1.gif

Aug 26, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2,808 of 3,525
Just two days ago, my LG V10 suddenly froze with a sound loop. I pulled the battery, and it went into a permanent bootloop. A bit of searching, and it seems reports of similar cases started springing up in June. The only fix is extreme heat, or cold, which would allow one to temporarily backup. Anyway, I went into t-mobile to start the warranty process, and the v10 is on backorder for a week. Makes me think this is a pretty widespread issue. Anyone else run into the bootloop issue as well? It's disappointing to say the least, I was looking forward to the v20, but now not so anymore with these kinds of build issues. My v10 has been otterbox cased since new, I work in climate controlled environments, and have not dropped it. My example literally looks like it just came out the box, and it's a brick.

Aug 26, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #2,809 of 3,525
  Last week my V10's headphone jack was malfunctioning. I could only hear from the right channel, with intermittent left channel sound.
Fortunately the fix was not too difficult. Got the part around $12 from eBay, used a philips #000 driver to take down a dozen screws, pulled out the bad jack, put in the new one, nailed in all the screws and yes it is done. Took me no more than 10 minutes.
Should I blame LG for the quality control, or should I praise it for a easy fix? 
happy_face1.gif

you have to be proud of LG because they give you great option to user replaceable battery and to access other parts to replace and I am happy for you that you are able to fix it for yourself and also within 10 minutes of quick fix.Great and thanks

Aug 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #2,810 of 3,525
happy_face1.gif

Wow maybe it's the ThinkPad of cell phones?

Aug 26, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,811 of 3,525
I just managed to get high impedance mode on my v10. By accident. I've got a subaru legacy and it's got an amazing mcintosh stereo. I got an anycar unit last year so I could listen to Aux music. Recently it stated buzzing like crazy. Really annoying stuff. So after a lot of research I bought a ground loop isolator. Hooked it up and the buzz is completely gone. Fired up the v10 to test and I noticed the sound was different. Much louder, more bass and overall sounded much better. Checked the settings and HI mode was active. No buzz and better sound! Happy days.

Aug 27, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #2,812 of 3,525
Just two days ago, my LG V10 suddenly froze with a sound loop. I pulled the battery, and it went into a permanent bootloop. A bit of searching, and it seems reports of similar cases started springing up in June. The only fix is extreme heat, or cold, which would allow one to temporarily backup. Anyway, I went into t-mobile to start the warranty process, and the v10 is on backorder for a week. Makes me think this is a pretty widespread issue. Anyone else run into the bootloop issue as well? It's disappointing to say the least, I was looking forward to the v20, but now not so anymore with these kinds of build issues. My v10 has been otterbox cased since new, I work in climate controlled environments, and have not dropped it. My example literally looks like it just came out the box, and it's a brick.

IIRC, it's also showed up in the G4 model.

Aug 29, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #2,814 of 3,525
Is it just me, or does it seem strange that LG is "improving" the DAC on the V20, but no news on if the amp section of the headphone output is improved.  Personally, I think good DACs do make a difference in sound quality, but I think the difference between good (LG V10 DAC) and slightly better (LG V20 DAC) is almost negligible.  However, improving the amp section of the headphone output could really make a huge difference when listening with high-fi and even mid-fi headphones.  Anyone have thoughts on whether this new quad-DAC will make any difference in sound quality at all?  Seems pretty gimmicky to me and huge red flag, but I could be wrong.

Aug 29, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #2,815 of 3,525

This actually happened to me after I got the device back from being repaired. I purchased the V10 3 Months ago and had an accident with it where the screen got cracked. I had it repaired and the device had the bootloop issue from there on. I managed to get it working after resetting the device for maybe the 5th or 6th time, but after about 1 or 2 weeks the same thing started again. The back of the device where the power button is gets very got, especially when trying to charge it. I will bring in the device for a warranty repair a second time and hope the issue will be fixed. If not, that will be the last time I ever touched an LG Smartphone, I'm just not willing to take the risk anymore, I'm not very patient when it comes to this, even if the device has fantastic audio quality.

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #2,817 of 3,525
Is it just me, or does it seem strange that LG is "improving" the DAC on the V20, but no news on if the amp section of the headphone output is improved.  Personally, I think good DACs do make a difference in sound quality, but I think the difference between good (LG V10 DAC) and slightly better (LG V20 DAC) is almost negligible.  However, improving the amp section of the headphone output could really make a huge difference when listening with high-fi and even mid-fi headphones.  Anyone have thoughts on whether this new quad-DAC will make any difference in sound quality at all?  Seems pretty gimmicky to me and huge red flag, but I could be wrong.
2vrms

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #2,820 of 3,525
No cable can trigger high power. But any cable or adapter (if connected before the headphones) should give aux power which is very close to high.

You still need 50+ ohm headphones or earphones (and no in-line remote) to get high power.

However, at least an in-line remote will still work in aux mode (not so on high) so it's sometimes the best option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back