LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Mar 13, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #2,252 of 3,525
Hi Guys !
I bought this LG V10 some days ago and i am satisfied about the audio performance with "QuadBeat 3 by akg".
I don't know why, but i don't like so much the audio performance with my Sennheiser HD 518.
So....i was thinking to go for a new Headphones.
I would use it only with my LG V10, nothing else.
My kind of music is varied.
I listen to a moderate metal like metal / system.
A rock like Dire Straits / Queen.
And like classical as Einaudi / Cacciapaglia.

I'm really dubious between Sony MDR-1A vs ATH-M50X (almost same price on amazon) .

THX 

Mar 13, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #2,253 of 3,525
Hi Guys !

I bought this LG V10 some days ago and i am satisfied about the audio performance with "QuadBeat 3 by akg".

I don't know why, but i don't like so much the audio performance with my Sennheiser HD 518.

So....i was thinking to go for a new Headphones.

I would use it only with my LG V10, nothing else.
My kind of music is varied.

I listen to a moderate metal like metal / system.

A rock like Dire Straits / Queen.

And like classical as Einaudi / Cacciapaglia.

I'm really dubious between Sony MDR-1A vs ATH-M50X (almost same price on amazon) .

THX 

Fostex TH-X00 from mass drop or used. Denon D5000/7000, Fostex TH-900

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #2,256 of 3,525
Guys, I've bought poweramp Full and installed hi-fi dac fix.
But.. I can still see the difference between poweramp and stock app.
LG app sounds much better..and my sennheiser hd 518 are good enough again.. Is anybody tried if dac hifi really works with poweramp? Thx

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #2,257 of 3,525
LG app sounds much better..and my sennheiser hd 518 are good enough again.. Is anybody tried if dac hifi really works with poweramp? Thx

Poweramp Alpha is not Poweramp

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #2,258 of 3,525

Sometimes when the hifi dac fix says enabled, it's actually not. You will know if its working if you switch off the hi-fi dac and on again to see if there is any audible 'pause' or cut off in the audio. If there isn't, just unplug your headphone and plug it in right away and toggle the on/off switch to see if there is any 'pause' during toggling. Most of the time the second time tends to work.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #2,260 of 3,525
So, I was on a quest.  Get ViPER4Android working on my LG V10.  I tried all sorts of programs, scripts, backdoor approaches, and finally, I got it working.  My conclusion.

It sounds better without V4A.  PowerAmp Alpha is a great music player with a wonderful EQ, and I can get more than enough adjustment with that.  

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #2,261 of 3,525
  So, I was on a quest.  Get ViPER4Android working on my LG V10.  I tried all sorts of programs, scripts, backdoor approaches, and finally, I got it working.  My conclusion.

It sounds better without V4A.  PowerAmp Alpha is a great music player with a wonderful EQ, and I can get more than enough adjustment with that.  

Good to know. Thanks.

Mar 15, 2016 at 8:09 AM Post #2,262 of 3,525

Thanks! Managed to snag one up just before the deal ended. Was actually aiming for a 64 gb samsung evo plus microsd but figured i may need more space since i'm planning to upgrade my entire library from 320kbps to flac format. How much space do you guys normally use for your music library in your V10? Are they 320kbps or lossless?

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #2,263 of 3,525
Fellow Brits looking for a V10 you might just be in luck; the H960(A) version is listed on Amazon UK sold by LG.

I'd go ahead and grab one myself if I wasn't in the middle of buying a house. I've placated my girlfriend for the time being by giving her my B&O H2s, but I'm pretty sure the goodwill won't extend to spending £500 on a phone when I don't need* one while we're trying to buy a property.

*I do need one! My current one is rubbish for audio playback. Is that not reason enough?! Bah, I digress.

Anyway, check it out.

Mar 16, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #2,264 of 3,525

Good to know. Thanks.

LOL, yeah, I guess that was a little non-descript.

Let me try to explain a little more.  I could get the HiFi DAC/Amp to work with V4A, and what I noticed is that with V4A, the bass is bloated, compared to other phones that I used the same settings.  It also stressed the amp, where, when the bass would hit, all other frequencies would go down in volume.  I played with the settings, and found a good setup, Dynamic bass at about 24db, bass boost at 10db, Clarity on XHiFi, and a few other minor adjustments.  I didn't touch the EQ, left it off.  I felt that with those settings, I was hearing what I could get with PowerAmp Alpha and the Bass EQ with a little tweak of the preamp, and raising the lower freq. a little, maybe 3-4db.  

So in the end, I went back to stock, unrooted, so that I can get the MM update, and not miss out.  The only reason for root for me was V4A, so I'm not missing anything there.  And IMO, the sound of PowerAmp Alpha by itself is much smoother.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #2,265 of 3,525
In a surprise turn of events (at least to me), the verizon and att variants are apparently now able to be rooted! Read up on xda for specifics. I haven't done my att model yet but I wanted to share this with anybody who might be interested in trying out viper4android that doesn't have the t-mobile model...

good luck to anybody who decides to take a crack at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back