LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jan 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #1,966 of 3,525

I don't know if it is mandatory to use the Alpha release...but I did.
I found that PowerAmp was well worth the cost and when it is finalized, I'll be all set.

Here is where you can download the .apk 
http://forum.powerampapp.com/index.php?/topic/8494-poweramp-alpha-build-700/

Looks like it requires the Hi-Fi Every Where DAC Fix app to work with the 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phascinate.lgv10.dacfix

Great that you already planned ahead with the adapter!

When I installed the alpha release, it notified me it was a 2 week trial. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #1,967 of 3,525
I think that due to the higher impedance headphones...its closer to 50ohms and maybe causing it to trigger the High Impedance mode.
My MDR-XB90EX are only 16ohms...I don't have any headphones that are even close to 50ohms.

Maybe someone with a pair of MDR-XB90EXs or very similar in impedance can try it and see if it works?

Let us know.

The voicemail trick? I can try it tonight, if that's what you were referring to.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #1,971 of 3,525
Is there a reason you guys seem to recommend PowerAmp Alpha instead of the full paid version?

EDIT: I understand the alpha has new sound engine.

If you want the full app, you have to pay for it. Alpha or not. Without paying you get a 2-week trial.

Alpha is just the newest version. It's still in testing so it hasn't been put out in the Play Store yet.

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #1,972 of 3,525
PowerAmp is worth every dollar.
Great audio performance, great UI and music management

Jan 29, 2016 at 9:43 AM Post #1,973 of 3,525

x2... for a $700 device + $$$ headphones (which don't come with the V10).  $4 hardly seems like its worth worrying about.  Admittedly I really didn't use the free version long enough to form a real strong baseline for comparison.  I listened to a couple tunes and knew it was the right player for me, so I bought it.  No regrets at all. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,974 of 3,525

It actually depends on the device, Poweramp doesn't sound the same from a device to another because of the dac's compatibility.

I usually switch within Poweramp, Neutron and HF Player, however I discovered hibymusic from Google play and seems quite good for even DSD playback

Jan 29, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #1,975 of 3,525
It actually depends on the device, Poweramp doesn't sound the same from a device to another because of the dac's compatibility.

I usually switch within Poweramp, Neutron and HF Player, however I discovered hibymusic from Google play and seems quite good for even DSD playback

Let's give hiby a try. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #1,977 of 3,525
  Now that my V10 is shipped, is there any tricks and tips I should know to get the most of it? I know about the app at least which enable the hifi mode in every app.

If you don't have high impedance headphones (50ohms+), this will trigger the 32 bit Hi-Fi DAC in AUX mode...

Use an adapter before plugging in the headphones...like this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KE5NJ7W/ref=s9_simh_gw_g107_i1_r?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=00QG93QGGDGC1PAAH602&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

I use the extended headphone adapter that comes with LifeProof smartphone case, which works well for my SONY MDR-XB90EX IEMs.

If you have headphones that have a detachable cable, plug the cable in first without the headphones and then connect the headphone...this will also trigger AUX mode.

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #1,980 of 3,525
Just downloaded the latest build of poweramp alpha. It does seem to sound better than the lg app, i cant describe how, but it just seems to sound cleaner and clearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back