LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Dec 14, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,516 of 3,525
i'm always surprised at how many people here have previously lived in japan and know of my avatar thru that!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
<- (imagine it's pocari, not beer)

Anyway, i'll be back at the Verizon store tomorrow, and I'll bring the Monks this time too.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,517 of 3,525

My understanding is that sometimes the HiFi logo can appear even when the ESS DAC/amp are not engaged. Tidal or the LG app are probably your best bets.

True. The Hifi logo only appears when the dac is on but I can easily hear the lower sound quality in other apps that aren't using it. I believe some apps might be getting the extra power of the amp but not the benefit of the separate dac chip.

Dec 14, 2015 at 10:15 PM Post #1,519 of 3,525
Has anyone compared the v10 vs the Schiit Stack Modi/magni?

Dec 15, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #1,520 of 3,525

I still have my N900!  Great phone. Haven't used it in quite a while; last time think I tried (failed) to use the usb as a digital out. Keeping it as a backup but tempted to put my sim card back into it; miss using that keyboard and stylus combo. Still have my otterbox for it too.

Wouldn't focus too much on graphs before listening to a headphone. For instance: the Sony Z7's graph doesn't represent how good it sounds in person, especially with the V10.

Indeed , LG V10 and Sony MDR-Z7 are the best combo to enjoy the wide sound stage ,I am happy and I get very detailed sound after some 20 hrs of sort of burning the Z7 .thanks

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #1,525 of 3,525
You should compare Spotify with the cat game trick (without it Spotify does not trigger the hifi dac).

Yesterday I compared a few songs Google music (with the trick) vs Tidal, and honestly I could not hear a big difference.

I think doing a blind test would be almost impossible to find out which one sounds better. And I was using my Fidelio X2 with the aux mode trick.

Right now Tidal is great because triggers the hifi dac directly. But 19.99$ is hard to justify.

Next year Tidal, with the promised high res music streaming will be another story.

Tonight I'll do a comparison between Spotify and Google play music to finally decide which one is good enough. Right now I'm subscribed to the three services and only one will stay.

Dec 15, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #1,526 of 3,525
Besides the LG V10.I listen to Tidal Hi-fi Flac  playing from my desktop with bose companion 20 speakers as well and they sound much better than spotify. Also plugged in my HD650 to the headphone jack on the bose controller and they also sound great.For me I hear a distinct sound quality difference listening to Flac on Tidal. Use the chrome web player for full Flac resolution on computers as the desktop app(beta) does not do Flac

Dec 15, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #1,528 of 3,525
Besides the LG V10.I listen to Tidal Hi-fi Flac  playing from my desktop with bose companion 20 speakers as well and they sound much better than spotify. Also plugged in my HD650 to the headphone jack on the bose controller and they also sound great.For me I hear a distinct sound quality difference listening to Flac on Tidal. Use the chrome web player for full Flac resolution on computers as the desktop app(beta) does not do Flac

I will try again tidal vs Spotify. But I must trust my senses, tidal vs Google play music (with cat trick), I couldn't feel more fidelity to the sound with the flac file. At least using V10 and Fidelios.

May be Google play sounds better than Spotify. I'll try tonight.

Can anyone help me with a list of 3 songs that really shine with fidelity and realism?

I'll compare the three services with the same songs.

Thank you!

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,529 of 3,525
Uh, I just realized that I have triggered all my full size cans playing back in high gain setting with my v10. After reading additional info on forums I think I should attribute my good luck to my extended cable I think.
This kinda explain why I am always on high gain setting even when I'm playing easy to power cans like Grados.

I do this coz I broke a few headphone jacks from heavy plugs. Anyways... I really think the amp is black and powerful!! Now if only neutron and all streaming services could work without the ridiculous neko hack...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back