LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 13, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #706 of 3,525
Awesome trick :grinning:, now how do you root. And what is this awesomeplayer?

Its pretty easy if you know your way around a computer and phone, and how the developers wrote the program.

With that being said you can ruin (brick) your phone if you don't do it right, which will void your warranty.

You can pay someone to do it.  its usually $20 or so.  Go to any mom pop shops or better yet look through craigslist.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #707 of 3,525

THANKS!

Just ordered the V10 today. Might take a week or so to arrive but I will definitely be doing this. Don't like rooting/modding any of my phones (gotta talk on 'em without glitches) so this sounds perfect for global use of the dac.

Rooting is no problem.  If you root and use the stock rom, it won't be glitchy.  Its when you use custom roms, is when things dont work right.  I rooted all my android phones and used the stock rom, never had any problems.

Rooting is basically unlocking your phone for all apps and programs that the phone companies restricts you from using.  The ability to customize and make it the way you want.

Nov 13, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #708 of 3,525
Rooting doesn't make your phone glitchy.  I know it sounds fancy but all it means is taking full control/ownership/root access of the phone so that you can perform administrator level tasks.   It's true, some of these carriers and/or manufacturers don't want us having full access to our phones because they have an agenda. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:03 PM Post #710 of 3,525
I know what rooting is I just prefer to use more thoroughly tested software even if I have to battle (disable or uninstall if possible) bloatware.

For me, its like comparing beta drivers to certified ones. Do I really want to take the risk of being a beta tester while using my MAIN communication device?

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #712 of 3,525
This does allow google play streaming to work, but still no good with poweramp or youtube for example. So its still not a universal fix. Thats all ive tested so far.

Thanks for the feedback.

Rooting, in a nutshell, is giving people admin accessing their cell phones. It's not a big deal. If directions are followed, it's safe. If anyone needs help drop me a pm, I'd be glad to assist.

You can also go to xda-developers.com. I have the same screen name there if anyone needs help.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #713 of 3,525
A little update from another reviewer about the Hi-Fi DAC on V10. He also short-reviewed the in-ear which are in the phone box (LG QuadBeat 3).

Here's the video, go to 6:55 to ear about the wired audio quality c:

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #714 of 3,525
If it can drive the Q701 it can drive the Havis without any problems.

So...I would have thought the same thing but tbh the Q701s seem easier to drive. On the native music app I need the volume at 70-75 for the Havis and 60 for the AKGs.

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #715 of 3,525
So...I would have thought the same thing but tbh the Q701s seem easier to drive. On the native music app I need the volume at 70-75 for the Havis and 60 for the AKGs.

That's really surprising, I've used both a lot over the last 1,5 years and with every amp the Q's have needed more volume to reach the same sound level.

Can it be thw adaptive amp that's to blame?

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:39 PM Post #716 of 3,525
No idea...am thinking the Qs are fairly sensitive with a higher impedance. Wonder what the comparative specs are.

Will listen to both again tomorrow when I'm back home.

Nov 13, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #719 of 3,525
No idea...am thinking the Qs are fairly sensitive with a higher impedance. Wonder what the comparative specs are.

Will listen to both again tomorrow when I'm back home.

The Havis are 32Ohm/95dB and the Q's 62Ohm/105dB.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #720 of 3,525

With hifi mode enabled you have the volume that high?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back