LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 23, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #1,036 of 3,525
Either that, or I've made myself go deaf from too much rocking out with this thing :)

Lol, hopefully not.

There's no doubt that the V10 has enough power for the Puro it just that it doesn't use it for some crazy reason.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,037 of 3,525
Lol, hopefully not.

There's no doubt that the V10 has enough power for the Puro it just that it doesn't use it for some crazy reason.

I think because they wanted to save battery for 32 ohm users. The battery is amazing with low impedance headphones.  So while I agree with the default of 32 ohm to low amp use, I think they were wrong in not adding a gain that allows us to use more amp in the occasion that we need it.  Hopefully we will get a fix.

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #1,038 of 3,525

Im gonna try out this impedance adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-Plug-For-Hi-Fi-Audio-player-AMP-DAC-Earphone-/380932180092

Interesting idea there. Can't wait to see how it goes. 

Lol, hopefully not.

Yep, but I guess it's fine. I ordered an Oppo HA-2 also - supposedly has the same DAC so it will be interesting to compare. 

-Collin-

Nov 23, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #1,040 of 3,525

I think because they wanted to save battery for 32 ohm users. The battery is amazing with low impedance headphones.  So while I agree with the default of 32 ohm to low amp use, I think they were wrong in not adding a gain that allows us to use more amp in the occasion that we need it.  Hopefully we will get a fix.

You're right, the battery life is terrific for me too. I was pretty surprised given a 5.7" screen in addition to all the other bells and whistles. This easily bested my Note 5. It makes my Z5 Compact seem average too. 

-Collin-

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #1,041 of 3,525

Yes agreed, user should be able to decide.

Yep, but I guess it's fine. I ordered an Oppo HA-2 also - supposedly has the same DAC so it will be interesting to compare. 

-Collin-

I've played around quite a bit with impedance adapters and with some IEM's/headphones the change is for the better for others it's for worse and yet others doesn't change at all. Inks has already given the explanation for it. It will be the draw of luck if it work with your IEM's of choice or not.

I'm really curious about how the HA-2 compares to the v10, looking forward to your impressions.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #1,042 of 3,525
I've played around quite a bit with impedance adapters and with some IEM's/headphones the change is for the better for others it's for worse and yet others doesn't change at all. Inks has already given the explanation for it. It will be the draw of luck if it work with your IEM's of choice or not.

Excited to see myself.  Might be $15 down the toilet but I'm too curious not to give it a shot.   Pairing it with Philips X2.  

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #1,043 of 3,525
Excited to see myself.  Might be $15 down the toilet but I'm too curious not to give it a shot.   Pairing it with Philips X2.  

I've tried my X2's with the impedance adapter (75Ohm) and detected no obvious difference so hopefully it'll work out fine.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #1,044 of 3,525

Im gonna try out this impedance adapter.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-to-3-5mm-Impedance-Adapter-Plug-For-Hi-Fi-Audio-player-AMP-DAC-Earphone-/380932180092

Does anyone make a 4-pole version? I still want to try an in-line mic/remote with the V10 on high.

True. The battery does drain faster when using high impedance headphones.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #1,045 of 3,525
I just got my 200gb SD card and battery today, I have successfully put all my music on my v10 :).  Needless to say it sounds amazing paired with my Shure 1540's.  The biggest sonic difference I noticed between the v10 and the fiio X1 (an awesome budget DAP) is the c10 has significantly better texture and overall presentation space.  It honestly makes my 1540's sound like an open can rather then closed.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #1,046 of 3,525
Got my battery, charger, and sd card too. I already have a 128GB card that isnt full yet, so im in no rush to use the 200GB card. Ill save it for later though. I need to go through and re rip some of my music(probably a dozen and a half albums) to flac instead of 320kbps mp3 or 256 kbps aac. That will take up some more room.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #1,048 of 3,525

Glad to hear u guys got your stuff. Just submitted mine a couple days ago and not even in processing yet.

I bought my V10 on October 30th and submitted my claim the same day, so it took just over 3 weeks to arrive. Not too bad.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #1,049 of 3,525
  I bought my V10 on October 30th and submitted my claim the same day, so it took just over 3 weeks to arrive. Not too bad.

Did you buy yours online or at the store?

I bought online and had a hard time figuring out what to send as a receipt since I didn't get an official one. Took a screen capture of my order and details and sent that. Hope it at least gets approved before the Nov 30th online submission cutoff.

Nov 24, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #1,050 of 3,525
Don't know if anyone else is getting this problem, but I'm finding the bluetooth a little buggy.

I mainly use bluetooth in my car, it's not the best thing for SQ but until android can get the support like apple it'll have to do, and this is what I found out.

Usually when I receive a call the music stops playing and all i'm getting is the call.  Not with the v10, if music is playing and I get a call, I'm hearing both music and the call.  I would have to manually press pause on the phone.

Another thing, when music is playing through bluetooth and I turn off the car, usually the music will stop since it lost connection with the host.  Not with this thing... it just keeps playing through the phone's speaker.

Is anyone else having problems with the bluetooth?

Sidenote:  I have a aftermarket headunit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back