LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 20, 2015 at 8:08 AM Post #932 of 3,525
I don't have a V10, but I do have a rooted Note 5. Why would Viper4Android make things sound better? Not dissing you or anything, just curious.

No worries. It's an awesome eq, has settings for gains, and the most incredible bass boosting you will ever hear. If you like bass, V4A is mandatory.

Didn't have much luck with the hifi situation. Fridays I close my office at normal time, I'll be home much earlier tonight so I will be able to play around some more. I'll talk to some people on xda as well.

Nov 20, 2015 at 8:28 AM Post #933 of 3,525
No worries. It's an awesome eq, has settings for gains, and the most incredible bass boosting you will ever hear. If you like bass, V4A is mandatory.

Didn't have much luck with the hifi situation. Fridays I close my office at normal time, I'll be home much earlier tonight so I will be able to play around some more. I'll talk to some people on xda as well.

So true! Bassheads ' best tool is v4a. When you test that you can't live without it anymore (regarding portable devices cause on a laptop for example as equalizers are more accurate you can get massive bass as well and this on win or mac)

Nov 20, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #934 of 3,525
I have. No real change. Tried it with the X1 and X2. Then tried a pair of Koss Porta Pros...WOW! They're 60 ohms and really gave me a taste of the power the V10 has available.

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if my stock/unmodded Koss KSC75 will sound amazing also (well, not that they does not sound amazing already) on LG V10. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #936 of 3,525
I have. No real change. Tried it with the X1 and X2. Then tried a pair of Koss Porta Pros...WOW! They're 60 ohms and really gave me a taste of the power the V10 has available.

You're right, they are 60 ohms! Hadn't tried mine with the V10 yet (thinking they were lower impedance) but will definitely try them next.

I think the stock player bass boost does a good, subtle job of adding a bit of bass while maintaining the sound quality. Not basshead levels but worth mentioning for those who aren't rooted.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #937 of 3,525
Just got my e18 two weeks ago. Thinking about returning it since getting the V10.

I just didn't see the neeed anymore. I was more than happy with the overall sound quality. Do you know of any other person with the v10 and a 300ohm headphone? I wonder how others are doing with power hungry cans.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #938 of 3,525
I just didn't see the neeed anymore. I was more than happy with the overall sound quality. Do you know of any other person with the v10 and a 300ohm headphone? I wonder how others are doing with power hungry cans.

Got the e18 for a good price and its so versatile. May keep it for the usb dac and usb charging abilities.

At least one person (maybe more) here posted the V10 works very well with their HD 650s (320 ohms per innerfidelity).

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:24 AM Post #939 of 3,525
You're right, they are 60 ohms! Hadn't tried mine with the V10 yet (thinking they were lower impedance) but will definitely try them next.

I think the stock player bass boost does a good, subtle job of adding a bit of bass while maintaining the sound quality. Not basshead levels but worth mentioning for those who aren't rooted.

I'm not crazy about the stock eq, I feel it lowers the other frequencies a bit too much for me. Although, I have yet to try it with V4A. I'll check it out later.

Nov 20, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #940 of 3,525
I'm not crazy about the stock eq, I feel it lowers the other frequencies a bit too much for me. Although, I have yet to try it with V4A. I'll check it out later.

I normally avoid EQs for that same reason but the V10's seems better than most (imo). Not using the custom eq but the bass boost preset works well with a couple of my headphones without distorting the other levels. The surround preset also worked well with my Soundmatters Foxl (wired but I also tried it over bluetooth and the presets work wirelessly too). Wired, the V10's dac detected it as an "aux" device and pushed the speaker to new levels of volume and sound quality.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #941 of 3,525
Been listening with neutron and seems to sound better to me than the stock player. I thought I was accessing the hifi dac by toggling and switching from the stock player.
Anyone experience static with some songs on high notes in neutron? If I play the same song on the stock player, it is fine.
I'm still reviewing the sound but loving the phone and sound. My hdp r10 is already collecting dust.

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #942 of 3,525
I just didn't see the neeed anymore. I was more than happy with the overall sound quality. Do you know of any other person with the v10 and a 300ohm headphone? I wonder how others are doing with power hungry cans ​

Yeah these don't do well with power hungry cans.  I tested them out on my DT 990 pros (250ohm) and the sound was extremely thin and hollow.  Adding the e17k (amp only) did wonders to the sound and the have never heard my 990's sound so good!

Nov 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #943 of 3,525
Guy's...
Today have arrived my new Sony's Z7...i just plug in to V10 and... i don't belive what i hear...
This combination sounds awesome. I don't have words to say, i'm just stunned!
Planty of power, room, sound's clean & beautifull, i think i found the Heaven of Sound.
When i play my album in 24bit flac i think i found that what Im searched through the years... I'm so pleased whit this combination!

PS: V10 whit Z7 put a full power of amp, so I suggest everyone to connect only headphones to V10 whit high impedance :D, best i think from 50 up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back