LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Nov 2, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #421 of 3,525
May want to bring this impressions into the other review thread :)

Ill copy and paste it in there as well, as per your wishes.

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #422 of 3,525
Just picked up the V10 yesterday and I'm loving it. The DAC does seem to work with Play Music streaming. The amp doesn't though. The reason people don't believe that it works with some apps is that there isn't a change volume. Both the DAC and amp work with TIDAL

Nov 2, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #425 of 3,525
What makes you say the DAC works with Google streaming?

Actually not noticing a difference between Play Music and Tidal when it is set to 320kbs. Think it may be on by default with Play Music. When I Toggle the DAC on and off in Tidal there is a big difference. No difference in Play, but the audio level is the same in Play Music as it is Tidal with the DAC on

Nov 2, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #431 of 3,525
Because it's not working in play music. Also, why would they give you the option of disabling something, then not let you disable it?
I mean Play Music is the same Volume as Tidal is with the DAC on. In Tidal the volume drops with the DAC off

Edit: When playing a song in Tidal and turning off DAC and switching to Play Music it did play with the DAC off. Switching the DAC on caused it to delay and then the volume increased. I do believe the DAC is working with Play Music. It just cannot tell properly wether it is enabled or not

Edit- if you get a notification or any system sound the DAC stops working until you did what I had done in either Tidal or the default music player. Too much of a hassle. Switching to Tidal until Google fixes this

Nov 2, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #433 of 3,525
Hi...I'm looking forward to LG taking my money for this phone.  Just saw the GSM arena review http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v10-review-1333p7.php in which they say that the audio quality is clean but low in volume and that it may have trouble driving high-impedance headphones.  This of course contrasts with what I've been reading here, so could anyone confirm why would they say that?  My current phone is an HTC one M8 with faux sound just in case...

Nov 2, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #434 of 3,525
  Hi...I'm looking forward to LG taking my money for this phone.  Just saw the GSM arena review http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_v10-review-1333p7.php in which they say that the audio quality is clean but low in volume and that it may have trouble driving high-impedance headphones.  This of course contrasts with what I've been reading here, so could anyone confirm why would they say that?  My current phone is an HTC one M8 with faux sound just in case...

I think something was flawed about how they tested it and what they tested was the output of the snapdragon dac/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back