LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Jul 3, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #2,567 of 3,525
I say to all of them find a phone that can beat it and has all the following, high res audio, superb camera, expandable memory, interchangable battery, big screen, audio jack and charge port at the bottom, quick charge, built like a tank, great ram, 64gb internal memory, oh and its a phone, lol

For the cost there is no dap that has all these features and sounds this good,

Some People will never be happy, but for me this phone is exceptional

:wink:

Seems about right to me, I'll probably reverse to V10 from G5+B&O. I've found no better choice still, I just wish there would be an update with SD820 and OLED screen :wink:
Hey LG, bring that OLED tech to you phones finally!

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:46 AM Post #2,568 of 3,525
Only speaking for myself (based on personal experience and usage) but I'll never understand wth some people are doing with their phones.

Seems anything with less than a 6 inch screen, 6GB RAM, and an octo-core cpu is unacceptable. Then come complaints about battery life as if a larger screen, extra memory, and additional cores are somehow supposed to improve battery life. How many apps require even half those specs? Also, assuming the phone isn't bogged down by tons of apps, how much cpu power does one need to make a phone call?

For those of us who can live with the V10's meager (lmao) 4GB and 808, we understand that the large IPS screen and internal dac/amp will shorten battery life. We haven't installed 1000 apps and sometimes prefer to carry one device (that still sounds very good). Some player only devices sound even better than the V10 but none of them can match it's 1440p screen, they barely have 1GB RAM (usually with a laggy cpu), and can't even run apps like Tidal properly. Many of those daps also cost a lot more but no one complains about them not having a Snapdragon 820.

If the phone is defective or not working properly then by all means return it (or replace it with an entirely different phone). I've returned good phones in the past because they didn't have the best reception where I lived at the time or were getting more interference in some places. I have yet to find the perfect phone for all needs and locations (and believe me, I've been searching for exactly that for almost 20 years). If such a phone existed, it would be the equivalent of a road-legal rally car that also works as a quiet, fuel efficient grocery getter.

No need to be cheeky here, this phone was positioned as the new flagship but it was compromised not just by SOC, but how the software was optimized with given hardware. Among them the small battery because of the big screen and inefficient SOC. The RAM issue isn't with the size, but once again how it is being managed which is a software issue again. Look at how One PLus managed to hamper their 6gb RAM with poor software optimization. No there is no perfect phone out there, but LG could have done quite a bit better here only if they wanted. You happy with it good for you, some of us just not as lucky as you are!!!!

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #2,569 of 3,525
Absolutely, well said, i have been listening to high end audio for over 25 years and the V10 is phenomenal for high res audio, if you use the v10 correctly ie have dac and amp switched on,and the right software and correct format audio files, this phone is amazing, its annoying people complaining over and over about the phone, they say its slow and lagging and audio is ok!

I say to all of them find a phone that can beat it and has all the following, high res audio, superb camera, expandable memory, interchangable battery, big screen, audio jack and charge port at the bottom, quick charge, built like a tank, great ram, 64gb internal memory, oh and its a phone, lol

For the cost there is no dap that has all these features and sounds this good,

Some People will never be happy, but for me this phone is exceptional

:wink:

It would be helpful if you bothered to read what exactly you responding too, none of my issues with this phone is audio or camera related.
The only thing is more annoying than misbehaving phone is the misguided fanboys.

Jul 4, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,570 of 3,525
No need to be cheeky here, this phone was positioned as the new flagship but it was compromised not just by SOC, but how the software was optimized with given hardware. Among them the small battery because of the big screen and inefficient SOC. The RAM issue isn't with the size, but once again how it is being managed which is a software issue again. Look at how One PLus managed to hamper their 6gb RAM with poor software optimization. No there is no perfect phone out there, but LG could have done quite a bit better here only if they wanted. You happy with it good for you, some of us just not as lucky as you are!!!!

What are you talking about?

LG's flagships have always been their G series. And how is the 'software optimization' on my V10 different from anyone else with the exact same phone?

As for the battery: you mean the 3000mAh one that is still removable? Perhaps LG should have put in a slightly larger but sealed battery like every other manufacturer.

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #2,571 of 3,525

Chalk up another V10 owner with no idea what you are talking about.  The SD808 is no slouch, and though the graphics aren't as powerful as the new flagships, i have never been left wanting either. I am not sure what your complaint with the software is specifically, but i cant say i have seen any issues in my use.  The ram is just fine; perhaps you should point out a specific issue people could help you fix?

As it is, the phone is incredibly well built, fast for daily use, and is one of the best sounding on the market. Yes, it could use a bigger battery, but i am not as bothered by it since i can change it in 30 seconds. Yes, there are faster CPU's, but this one is not slow by any means either. As for software.... having owned a Samsung S6 prior to this, i am quite happy with the work LG has done on this phone..

Jul 4, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #2,572 of 3,525
I still have my V10, but bought a new S7 edge. The LG isn't far behind at all in performance, as in barely noticeable. There is very little to complain about with the LG for the average user. I'd venture to say most people aren't even using the phone to its capacity.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #2,573 of 3,525
I still have my V10, but bought a new S7 edge. The LG isn't far behind at all in performance, as in barely noticeable. There is very little to complain about with the LG for the average user. I'd venture to say most people aren't even using the phone to its capacity.

Have you Exynos version of S7E? If so could you compare audio between V10 S7e? Thanks.

Jul 4, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2,575 of 3,525
It would be helpful if you bothered to read what exactly you responding too, none of my issues with this phone is audio or camera related.
The only thing is more annoying than misbehaving phone is the misguided fanboys.
i think your extremely mis guided, i was quoting generally about the V10, and not responding to your moans, and i didnt qoute You! if i had i would have responded to what you had written, by the way if your not happy with the V10 then buy something else,

Regards “mis guided fan boy”

Jul 4, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #2,576 of 3,525
As far as great phones and the devices go in today's market, none have come together and given the the consumer such a great sounding device with a removable battery.

http://www.productchart.com/smartphones/sets/3

To me this is important, I need a removable battery, on my phone. And the v10 has an array of high quality features. And I would personally encourage other phone companies to do the same.
They have all gone to the trash, and followed the fruit company.

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:11 AM Post #2,577 of 3,525
I'm sorry if this has been answered previously in the thread,but how does the v10s DAP compare to other stand-alone DAPs on the market. I have a Fiio e17, should I expect a decent upgrade in sound quality? If anyone has experience with other stand-alone DAPs, where does the v10 rank? In a world where the chord mojo costs $600, if the v10 sound quality is very good at around $400, anything better than decent phone performance is gravy.

Jul 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #2,578 of 3,525
I'm sorry if this has been answered previously in the thread,but how does the v10s DAP compare to other stand-alone DAPs on the market. I have a Fiio e17, should I expect a decent upgrade in sound quality? If anyone has experience with other stand-alone DAPs, where does the v10 rank? In a world where the chord mojo costs $600, if the v10 sound quality is very good at around $400, anything better than decent phone performance is gravy.

The LG V10 sounds fantastic as a dap that happens to be a great phone. It is not, however, in the same class as the Chord Mojo. To be honest, I'm not aware of a DAP or a portable dac/amp combo under $1200 that is, so it's not a fair comparison.

Now, if someone has (the very excellent) $300 OPPO HA-2 on hand to compare, that would be an interesting comparison. I loved my OPPO before I upgraded to the Mojo.

Now, I've been able to sell my Mojo and just use efficient headphones with the V10, and I'm pleased with the results.

Now, I'm mostly listening to Tidal HiFi, Spotify Extreme (320 kbs) and 16/44.1 CD rips. I can't speak on to whether the gap increases as you play higher bit-rate files.

Again, YMMV.

I would be curious as well how the V10 stacks up directly to the Fiio X7. One respected reviewer (@twister6, I believe), said the Fiio X7 and the Oppo HA-2 sound practically indistinguishable until you swap in an upgraded amp module, which can appreciably improve the sound.

The only other elephant in the room is the HTC M10, but that cost $600 when I purchased my V10 for $350, so it was an easy choice for me.

Jul 5, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2,579 of 3,525
The LG V10 sounds fantastic as a dap that happens to be a great phone. It is not, however, in the same class as the Chord Mojo. To be honest, I'm not aware of a DAP or a portable dac/amp combo under $1200 that is, so it's not a fair comparison.

Now, if someone has (the very excellent) $300 OPPO HA-2 on hand to compare, that would be an interesting comparison. I loved my OPPO before I upgraded to the Mojo.

Now, I've been able to sell my Mojo and just use efficient headphones with the V10, and I'm pleased with the results.

Now, I'm mostly listening to Tidal HiFi, Spotify Extreme (320 kbs) and 16/44.1 CD rips. I can't speak on to whether the gap increases as you play higher bit-rate files.

Again, YMMV.

I would be curious as well how the V10 stacks up directly to the Fiio X7. One respected reviewer (@twister6, I believe), said the Fiio X7 and the Oppo HA-2 sound practically indistinguishable until you swap in an upgraded amp module, which can appreciably improve the sound.

The only other elephant in the room is the HTC M10, but that cost $600 when I purchased my V10 for $350, so it was an easy choice for me.

Great, thanks for the info.  Has the V10 come down to $350 new and unlocked in the past?  I see a lot of used (9/10) V10s for what seem like absolute steals at $290, but the new ones are going for $450-500.  If they go on sale for $350 new though, I can wait a few weeks instead of going the used route.  

Jul 5, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #2,580 of 3,525
Great, thanks for the info.  Has the V10 come down to $350 new and unlocked in the past?  I see a lot of used (9/10) V10s for what seem like absolute steals at $290, but the new ones are going for $450-500.  If they go on sale for $350 new though, I can wait a few weeks instead of going the used route.  

No, I haven't seen it new for $350, that's what I paid for one in excellent condition on eBay last month.

LG phones typically come down in price pretty quickly, so I'd definitely wait for a sale with a warranty if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back