LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Apr 6, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #451 of 478
Not quite sure what you mean there, threads are all about discussing IEM's etc.

Anyway, to add some value to this, if anyone is UK based and sure they have a genuine QB3 then I'll send you mine for comparison...I'll pay for P&P.

I'd like to understand if I've either been fobbed off with a fake pair or I'm indeed tone deaf! Either are equally likely :D

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:14 AM Post #452 of 478
Anybody who lives in Korea know if they sell the akg quad beat at the LG store? Because I bought the original quadbeat 3 there.

May 2, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #454 of 478
On a side note, anyone tried LG's B&O tuned earphones? Curious to see how it would compare to the QB3s, waiting on mine from here
http://m.ebay.com.sg/itm/Genuine-LG...990-G5-G4-G3-/112391383955?nav=SELLING_ACTIVE

Seems it's the same driver as QB3 and QB3 AKG. They sound similar to the AKG but I prefer the B&O tuning. Unfortunately they've got terrible microphonics and look a bit cheap.

They are much cheaper on Aliexpress, I wouldn't pay $80 for them, they aren't worth it IMO, at 20 they are OK if you can cope with cable noise. For $80 you can get a LG/B&O H3 which is presumably better and still have some change in your pocket.

May 4, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #455 of 478
Seems it's the same driver as QB3 and QB3 AKG. They sound similar to the AKG but I prefer the B&O tuning. Unfortunately they've got terrible microphonics and look a bit cheap.

They are much cheaper on Aliexpress, I wouldn't pay $80 for them, they aren't worth it IMO, at 20 they are OK if you can cope with cable noise. For $80 you can get a LG/B&O H3 which is presumably better and still have some change in your pocket.

A clip solved the microphonics problem for me. Worth $20.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #456 of 478
Jul 16, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #457 of 478
I've finally found a better sounding replacement for all my Quadbeats...it's the KZ ZST and KZ ZS5. Both outperform all the Quadbeats but they both need the Comply T400 foam tips to sound it's best.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #459 of 478
The Quadbeat 3's and 2's are being shipped out what should I expect! :O
You should be pleasantly pleased with the sound of the Quadbeats but I still think that the KZ ZST outperform the Quadbeats for the asking price. Btw the KZ ZST is a hybrid IEM (single dynamic driver + single BA driver each side). Pay a little more and you'll get the KZ ZS5 hybrid IEM with quad drivers on each side (2 dynamic drivers + 2 BA drivers each side).

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #460 of 478
I've finally found a better sounding replacement for all my Quadbeats...it's the KZ ZST and KZ ZS5. Both outperform all the Quadbeats but they both need the Comply T400 foam tips to sound it's best.

Thanks, mate. Do you have a pair of UrbanFun to compare both? My friend is hyping them as the best budget IEM right now and also better than QB3, so I was tempted to give a chance to them. Btw, how is the comfort of the ZS5 to you?

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #461 of 478
Thanks, mate. Do you have a pair of UrbanFun to compare both? My friend is hyping them as the best budget IEM right now and also better than QB3, so I was tempted to give a chance to them. Btw, how is the comfort of the ZS5 to you?
Yes, i own the UrbanFun HiFi too but it's not as detailed as the ZST and ZS5 paired with the Comply T400 tips.

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #462 of 478
You should be pleasantly pleased with the sound of the Quadbeats but I still think that the KZ ZST outperform the Quadbeats for the asking price. Btw the KZ ZST is a hybrid IEM (single dynamic driver + single BA driver each side). Pay a little more and you'll get the KZ ZS5 hybrid IEM with quad drivers on each side (2 dynamic drivers + 2 BA drivers each side).

They have both Dynamic and BA drivers? That's pretty fantastic, they'll definitely be my next investment!

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #464 of 478
Yes, both the ZST and ZS5 are really good sounding for the asking price as long as you're prepared to spend a little more on the Comply T400 tips to make them shine even more :ksc75smile:

At $20 and $40 respectively, they're really hard to beat. I'll definitely pick them up later on this month! ZST's for the gym and the ZS5's for critical listening! I'll get back to you when I get these! :o2smile:

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #465 of 478
At $20 and $40 respectively, they're really hard to beat. I'll definitely pick them up later on this month! ZST's for the gym and the ZS5's for critical listening! I'll get back to you when I get these! :o2smile:
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do...don't forget to pair them with the Comply T400 foam tips to get the best out of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back