LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Nov 12, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #406 of 478
Think i'm going to get another set of F631, just to stock up. I don't think they will be available much longer and i also think that LG will discontinue the Quadbeat line ( i hope that i'm wrong on this )

Buy them while you can!

631 is slightly to lean tuned for my liking though..I would have kept the clarity and added the bass from the 630. Both ar rather lean in the mids though :/ Still it's a bargain and sounds better than most under 100 i would say. Just ordered the new xiaomi hybrid pro, could be a nice battle :) 

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #407 of 478

Photos of the $15 HSS-F631 from an Ali seller. Does it look legit? I haven't heard of counterfeits. They sound pretty great.

Hey! What seller did you use?

Seller: HopSheng technology co., LTD

Edit: There are also LE630 (red - not AKG tuned) on Ali for around $9! But I passed because in line remote looks different than the one I got from a US Ebay seller (cost around $20). I ordered a second F631 from HopSheng. They sound really great!

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #408 of 478

Seller: HopSheng technology co., LTD

Edit: There are also LE630 (red - not AKG tuned) on Ali for around $9! But I passed because in line remote looks different than the one I got from a US Ebay seller (cost around $20). I ordered a second F631 from HopSheng. They sound really great!

i would recommend getting the 630, to my ears it sounds better. The remote on the 631 does not always work on my nexus 6P for some reason, that's a big deal for me since i use them with my phone for the most part. 

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #410 of 478
I never ended up purchasing a set of the LG Quadbeat 3 tuned by AKG.
I just received my LG V20 promo set of free B&O PLAY H3 earphones and was wondering if anyone who has both can share their compared opinion on them.

Thanks!

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #411 of 478
  So is it the concensus that overall the QB3 > AKG tuned version? I was going to order both but now I'm thinking one or the other.  

To my ears the QB3 ( red and black one ) Sounds much better..The bass is so well tuned that even if it is elevated in the very low end there is no bloat. The AKG version is just lean and shrill. Tuning the bass to be more neutral removes the midbass and the whole experience is shrill and cold. Stock QB3 is dynamic and has a really nice organic tuning without loosing the detail. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #412 of 478
  So is it the concensus that overall the QB3 > AKG tuned version? I was going to order both but now I'm thinking one or the other.  

If you speed read this entire thread from the beginning,  F631 (AKG tuned) is preferred. Balanced sounding and the QB3 red is more of a fun shaped V sound. I think music purists would prefer the AKG.
I had the red but it was defective after a few weeks and replaced it with the F631 version. The F631 version is also more expensive. You can't go wrong with either. For the AKG I find myself using EQ more often depending on the genre of music.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #414 of 478
Anyone vouch for this seller? Half the price I've seen elsewhere.  

2016 NEW Genuine Original Earphone HSS-F631 QuadBeat 3 Tuned by For LG G3, G4, V10, Nexus 5X Flex 2 Call Phone Earphone
 http://s.aliexpress.com/aeeqaQn6 
(from AliExpress Android)

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #415 of 478
  Anyone vouch for this seller? Half the price I've seen elsewhere.  

2016 NEW Genuine Original Earphone HSS-F631 QuadBeat 3 Tuned by For LG G3, G4, V10, Nexus 5X Flex 2 Call Phone Earphone
 http://s.aliexpress.com/aeeqaQn6 
(from AliExpress Android)

See this post a few pages back. That's the seller I used. And I just ordered a 2nd pair as a backup from them. 

In case you missed it, the 630 (non AKG - red version) on Ali has a different shaped buttons on the inline controls. So unless LG changed the buttons, or offered different slightly different versions, they may be suspect. But I did some Googling and could find no mention of counterfeit QB3.

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #416 of 478
Standard QB3 arrived today. Stock they sound too bassy, can't stand it. Vent-blocked they sound like fun version of VSonic GR07BE. A bit dipped in in the upper-bass to low-mids as well as dipped around 5-9kHz, making them sound equally clear and smooth, even lean in the bass. The tuning makes the 2kHz region stand out in the mids so I bet they would appeal to some Etymotic fans. Unlike the Etymotics I like them a lot. I have the AKG tuned version on the way and look forward to compare the two. 

EDIT: Microphonics are gross. I run the wires over the ears.

Nov 25, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #417 of 478
Nov 25, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #418 of 478
Got my qb3,its quite good alleounder especially clarity and the mids, better then my piston2, atr, monk+ and tyhiz, only my **** 4in1 is better. but soundstage is quite small, like everything infront of u. I heard u need sony tips and i dont have that, so what other tips work great with these, do i need hard tips or narrow bore tips etc??

These are for my bro and he is delighted after using kZ edr2, even though its still working he leteraly threw them away. Lol.

Dec 5, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #419 of 478
Good evening Head-Fi-ers!

I've been looking for a new set of IEMs to use for exercise and situations where I don't want to risk my better IEMs (the Westone 2 I've learned is very sensitive to moisture, for example). Does anyone have any experience using the LG Quadbeat for working out?

I was about to get some Xiaomi Piston 3s, until I found out that fakes are rampant. Of inexpensive IEMs that I can buy here in Brazil, the Quadbeat 3 seems to be my best option. The descriptions I've read of its sound fit what I generally look for. 

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back