LG Quadbeat 3 Impressions Thread
Oct 29, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #378 of 478
Spent most of my day with the QB3 today...I don't want to hype but...Dang! 

For me, the tuning is really really good and most impressive is how damn good the bass is. I mean i am no basshead and my reference iem is the TDK ie800 which is rather lean on bass and has extremely detailed treble. The bass on the QB3 is just superb! Deeeeeep but with very very low bleed if any. I really enjoy the treble as well though it can be a little grainy but i really like that it extends well up in the freq-range. for a 10/10 i would have wanted a little bit more pronounced midrange. It's really my only gripe considering the sound.

The build is good on most places but the obvious week spot is the entry to the remote. 

Fit is really good as well..I can wear these for ages. Never tried the stock tips though. Running sony hybrids at the moment but i tried the sony Mh1 tips as well and they fit just as good. Also spinfits works great but the stem is a bit to long for most of my iems, QB3 no exception.

Can´t wait for the AKG tuned version to show up..And i am going to buy another pair of the stock QB3 just if they break..My guess is since LG stopped shipping these with their phones, stock might run out.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #380 of 478
  And I forgot to mention that the Quadbeat 3's sound stage is pretty wide too. It certainly performs way above it's asking price. 

Need to mention too that it outperformed both my long time beloved T1-E & MH1C...

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #381 of 478
  Holy crap...This iem is a bargain! Probably the best one i have tried so far..Forget about vsonic vsd3, vsd2, vsd5, xiaomi piston 2/3 etc etc..This is bargain hifi....FOR REAL!

Forget Tennmak Pro, HA-FX90 & many more expensives ones, too...save your money on proper stuff...

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:07 AM Post #383 of 478
Tnx Francisk...am pretty much satisfied with my QB3 already right now, but am gonna take your suggestion....tnx also to all in this thread... you really saved me from spending unnecessarily on expensive in-ears...

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #385 of 478
Contemplating to end the game with these amazingly stunning, pristine, perfect, Hi-FI sounding gem... my heartbeat races every time i pump these with my songs...WOOOWWW!!!!...am listening to Bee Gees' EMOTION right now as i type  & my heartbeat is racing...OMG!!!!!...SOOOO NIIIIIIICEEEE!!!!

Nov 7, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #387 of 478
ok i have xiaomi piston 2, **** 4in1, monk+ and ty hiz currently. will these provide me something other then the ones i have. how is clarity and separation compared to **** or piston2.

Nov 7, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #388 of 478
It's just emotion that's taken me over......Tied up in sorrow, lost in my Quadbeat 3.....
Enjoy yourself Zedlav61
biggrin.gif

Ha3...u got me ROFL down here, sir...heard that song a thousand times already...but, that moment euphoria took me over first time...QB3 just leveled up that song brand new to my ears...QB3 got me wanting to relisten to all my dusty music collection once again....i really have to stack up on these amazing gem...I REALLY HAVE TO!!!!

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #389 of 478
  ok i have xiaomi piston 2, **** 4in1, monk+ and ty hiz currently. will these provide me something other then the ones i have. how is clarity and separation compared to **** or piston2.

I can assume, based on posts here, those you mentioned can hardly reach QB3's (AKG's) level, coz they are poles apart in sound aspect...just go back and read all over & you'll find QB being compared, by actual owners, as better sounding than IEM's 100x more expensive...that alone will hit you with the idea on how good these cheapos are...we're not on hype train here...these are pure praises sung by professionals, (save me), that owns high-end gears as shown in their profiles...

Nov 7, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #390 of 478
  I can assume, based on posts here, those you mentioned can hardly reach QB3's (AKG's) level, coz they are poles apart in sound aspect...just go back and read all over & you'll find QB being compared, by actual owners, as better sounding than IEM's 100x more expensive...that alone will hit you with the idea on how good these cheapos are...we're not on hype train here...these are pure praises sung by professionals, (save me), that owns high-end gears as shown in their profiles...

While i do think the QB3 is great, it's not the best thing ever for obvious reasons :) The worst part imo is that i find it hard to find good tips. And i also think that the cable is a little to flimsy and very microphonic. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back