LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Dec 11, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #152 of 292
I have also this cable:

https://m.ebay.pl/itm/FosPower-4in-...Cable-Adapter/381857516715?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1

I connected this cable first I wait then I connected Dunu 75 ohms adapter and then I connected my Akg k812 - 36 impedance headphones and it's the same.

On Aux mode play louder than if i see 50 ohms status on lg additional app.
I believe the adapter should be connected to the short cable before inserting the short cable into the phone. I'm not positive about this though. I just use a Y splitter cable, and a pair of cheap high impedance earbuds. Connect the buds to one end of the Y cable, Y cable into the phone - plug low impedance headphones into other end of Y cable, remove earbuds. I also purchased one of those Dunu plugs, and it doesn't work for me either

Dec 11, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #153 of 292
Dec 11, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #154 of 292
Unfortunately it doesn't work in yours combinations and mine and this is I suppose all combinations and is like on normal mode volume, aux mode is louder than high impedance with Dunu adapter...

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #155 of 292
The Dunu adapter works, but with a trick. I have both the Dunu and the FosPower 4-inch adapter cable.

IF you use a small cable adapter, first connect the Dunu to it (Dunu male end into cable female end), then connect it to the phone. At this point the phone should say in it's in High Impedance mode. THEN, remove the Dunu adapter only (without disconnecting the cable from the phone).
Voila. You're still in HI mode and can now connect any headphone to it.

If using a Y cable. connect the Dunu into one female end and leave the other one free to connect whatever you want.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #156 of 292
The Dunu adapter works, but with a trick. I have both the Dunu and the FosPower 4-inch adapter cable.

IF you use a small cable adapter, first connect the Dunu to it (Dunu male end into cable female end), then connect it to the phone. At this point the phone should say in it's in High Impedance mode. THEN, remove the Dunu adapter only (without disconnecting the cable from the phone).
Voila. You're still in HI mode and can now connect any headphone to it.

If using a Y cable. connect the Dunu into one female end and leave the other one free to connect whatever you want.
Oh yeah, that's right - The adapter has to be removed. Good call

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #157 of 292
Thank you very very much. It works :)

Is any chance to get more volume on my Akg K812 - 36 ohms on my synthesizer Yamaha MOXF? Is any trick like this with LG g7 thinq?
Maybe via interface? But I would prefer any trick without interface if it is possible...

Please help...

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #158 of 292
Thank you very very much. It works :)

Is any chance to get more volume on my Akg K812 - 36 ohms on my synthesizer Yamaha MOXF? Is any trick like this with LG g7 thinq?
Maybe via interface? But I would prefer any trick without interface if it is possible...

Please help...

I think you may need an amp if the Yamaha doesn't have enough output. However it should be loud enough as the AKG's are generally sensitive enough, so either you like it really loud, or you are using the line out and not the headphone out (they seem to have the same connector.)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #159 of 292
Thank you very much. I like loud. I connect to headphones out in Yamaha.

I discover something...

I use USB Audio Player Pro, Lg G7 thinq, AKG K812 36 Ohms, Hi impedance mode with Dunu 75 Ohms adapter, I disconnect Dunu and works, for Hi impedance mode mode and Aux mode i use FosPower adapter (not cable).

Hi impedance mode is louder than Aux mode.

But if I search something on Facebook and in background autoplay some video in mute mode, only video, then when I use UAPP in the same time, if I turn down volume on phone button I get much more volume.

It's louder even from normally Hi impedance mode.

If I turn of UAPP and turn on again UAPP - volume is down on normal Hi impedance volume or aux volume If is aux mode.

What is this and how to explain?

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #161 of 292
Thank you very much. I like loud. I connect to headphones out in Yamaha.

I discover something...

I use USB Audio Player Pro, Lg G7 thinq, AKG K812 36 Ohms, Hi impedance mode with Dunu 75 Ohms adapter, I disconnect Dunu and works, for Hi impedance mode mode and Aux mode i use FosPower adapter (not cable).

Hi impedance mode is louder than Aux mode.

But if I search something on Facebook and in background autoplay some video in mute mode, only video, then when I use UAPP in the same time, if I turn down volume on phone button I get much more volume.

It's louder even from normally Hi impedance mode.

If I turn of UAPP and turn on again UAPP - volume is down on normal Hi impedance volume or aux volume If is aux mode.

What is this and how to explain?

Could I please ask you to share your UAPP setup/settings for LG G7? Can send me on PM or post here for all of us to enjoy. Thank you

Jan 5, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #162 of 292
What specific settings do you ask about?
I have bitperfect mode enabled.

It starts to irritate me a bit, that to turn on the loudest volume during him, aux, or hi fi mode I have to use UAPP concretely and, for example, silent play on youtube, then the sound from UAPP gets louder.

Dac or amp in the phone is not damaged? Maybe it should be as loud as possible in each of these 3 modes without the UAPP and the YouTube silent play (only video) working at the same time?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #163 of 292
guys i have a lg G6 using as an backup phone using only for listening songs & Samsung note 9 as primary phone

I am getting a good deal on lg G7 i have only one question does this have better sound quality then lg G6

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #164 of 292
guys i have a lg G6 using as an backup phone using only for listening songs & Samsung note 9 as primary phone

I am getting a good deal on lg G7 i have only one question does this have better sound quality then lg G6

I would say the same but have never a/b them. Anyway overall they are in the same ballpark. It's definitely a better smartphone.

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #165 of 292
There is no doubt lg g7 is better hardware then lg g6 but for my use i need only for listening music as using the note 9 as primary phone

So for me to upgrade to lg g7 it must have better sound then lg g6 if anyone has both and can a/b them or anyone who use both can share their experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back