LG G7 ThinQ DTS-X
Mar 28, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #211 of 292
Hi guys the phone is currently 280 eur here in Italy. It seems a smocking deal... Can it drive the hd650?
It can sound decently good and loud but you are still not going to do the hd650 justice with the G7.

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #212 of 292
Is the native music app, well, able to play an entire album in proper order instead of in alphabetical order?

I can not believe that this crap can still happen to a 2018 flagship device. And it happened at launch it seems.

Apr 2, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #213 of 292
Is the native music app, well, able to play an entire album in proper order instead of in alphabetical order?

I can not believe that this crap can still happen to a 2018 flagship device. And it happened at launch it seems.
Yeah, it's a bit annoying. The V40 does the same thing. Fortunately, there's better music apps to download that play the album in album order.

Apr 4, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #215 of 292
I see that there still isn't a G8 thread, so I'll ask here. In my part of the world only the G8s will be released, which is a slightly downgraded version of the G8. Now, i've read on one website (an Australian one) an article from late February claiming that among the downgrades the G8s also does NOT mount the dedicated DAC.
This would be a dealbreaker for me, obviously, but I find it very surprising since no G-series phone from LG has ever lacked the DAC.

Does anyone have reliable sources that can either confirm or deny that the G8s will have the DAC like its predecessors?

Apr 4, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #216 of 292
I see that there still isn't a G8 thread, so I'll ask here. In my part of the world only the G8s will be released, which is a slightly downgraded version of the G8. Now, i've read on one website (an Australian one) an article from late February claiming that among the downgrades the G8s also does NOT mount the dedicated DAC.
This would be a dealbreaker for me, obviously, but I find it very surprising since no G-series phone from LG has ever lacked the DAC.

Does anyone have reliable sources that can either confirm or deny that the G8s will have the DAC like its predecessors?

This source is pretty accurate and says that both models have the dac:

https://andro4all.com/2019/02/lg-g8-thinq-caracteristicas-precios-especificaciones

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:40 AM Post #218 of 292
Ok. These charts should put to rest the questions about G7/V30.

G7 outperforms V30. Which makes sense since Meridian Audio came up with DVD-Audio and Bang & Olufsen is just about marketing and brand image (An Astell & Kern of sorts :wink:)

LG G7 ThinQ

919d7740eb991c76dea80e1e92a1f73e.jpg

LG V30

b93ce2f02c3155405156d002ebc383e1.png

Apr 24, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #219 of 292
I am looking for the g8 or the iPad mini as my next purchase.i have heard that iPhone dac has a very clean output. How is the output of the g8 or the g7 when compared to that of an iphone xs. I am not too worried about power.i will mostly use iems. Also how does the g8 perform with iems?

May 13, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #220 of 292
Can anyone with an EU G7 say how loud these phones are with low impedance IEM's, in my case I'm using ibasso IT01 which is 16 Ohm, also how much of a volume difference is there between Normal and AUX mode.

The reason I ask about EU model is it's mandated in the EU that audio devices don't exceed 100db on the headphone out, I've read pretty much everything on the V30, V40 and G7 but have no idea if they are talking about EU or US models. Reviews are pretty much for US models. Screw the EU and their stupid rules, man I could really go off on a rant here but I'll show some self control.

Was going to get the G8 but in the UK we're getting the watered down G8s.

May 13, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #221 of 292
Can anyone with an EU G7 say how loud these phones are with low impedance IEM's, in my case I'm using ibasso IT01 which is 16 Ohm, also how much of a volume difference is there between Normal and AUX mode.

The reason I ask about EU model is it's mandated in the EU that audio devices don't exceed 100db on the headphone out, I've read pretty much everything on the V30, V40 and G7 but have no idea if they are talking about EU or US models. Reviews are pretty much for US models. Screw the EU and their stupid rules, man I could really go off on a rant here but I'll show some self control.

LG sticks to ITU 50332-1 worldwide. Unlike Apple.

Thus every LG handset that ships with bundled earphones is subject to EU volume limitations.

0.37 Vrms with low impedance earphones

1 Vrms in AUX

2 Vrms with high impedance headphones

The only way the get 1 Vrms for low impedance earphones is getting a non EU/South Koeran iPhone. Or trick G7 into AUX mode.

May 13, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #222 of 292

I don't know if there really are a difference in EU/non EU models. My old G6 was imported from Asia and it has about the same volume limitations as the G7 bought in Europe. Basically I don't think there are any difference in volume between these two devices.

I had the IT01S and the IT04 and both could be driving very well with "normal mode" on my G7. I think I was between 50-60 out of 75. The same goes with the Dunu DK-4001, the G7 drives them very well in normal mode.

Sony M7 is harder to drive and I generally trick them into AUX. I simply unplug the cable on the right ear peace before I connect the jack. I do the same with my Signature Pro.

Very roughly I think the difference between AUX and normal is about 15 volume clicks. Or more or less like going from low to high gain on my X7ii.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #223 of 292
LG sticks to ITU 50332-1 worldwide. Unlike Apple.

Thus every LG handset that ships with bundled earphones is subject to EU volume limitations.

0.37 Vrms with low impedance earphones

1 Vrms in AUX

2 Vrms with high impedance headphones

The only way the get 1 Vrms for low impedance earphones is getting a non EU/South Koeran iPhone. Or trick G7 into AUX mode.

Really, ok. I don't think the UK version comes with earphones (LMG710EM.AGBRBK)

The only reason I asked is someone in the V30 thread said they had both and the EU was a lot quieter.

Yeah I know about the AUX trick, like I said I've read everything lol.

I don't know if there really are a difference in EU/non EU models. My old G6 was imported from Asia and it has about the same volume limitations as the G7 bought in Europe. Basically I don't think there are any difference in volume between these two devices.

I had the IT01S and the IT04 and both could be driving very well with "normal mode" on my G7. I think I was between 50-60 out of 75. The same goes with the Dunu DK-4001, the G7 drives them very well in normal mode.

Sony M7 is harder to drive and I generally trick them into AUX. I simply unplug the cable on the right ear peace before I connect the jack. I do the same with my Signature Pro.

Very roughly I think the difference between AUX and normal is about 15 volume clicks. Or more or less like going from low to high gain on my X7ii.

So do you have EU/UK model?

Would listening at 75 in normal mode be to loud to handle? Just trying to get an idea of volume, as one man's loud is another man's quite.

Thanks guys I appreciate the replies.

May 13, 2019 at 10:23 AM Post #224 of 292
Really, ok. I don't think the UK version comes with earphones (LMG710EM.AGBRBK)

The only reason I asked is someone in the V30 thread said they had both and the EU was a lot quieter.

Yeah I know about the AUX trick, like I said I've read everything lol.

So do you have EU/UK model?

Would listening at 75 in normal mode be to loud to handle? Just trying to get an idea of volume, as one man's loud is another man's quite.

Thanks guys I appreciate the replies.

Yes my G7 is EU/UK model. But again I doubt that it would be different if I bought it outside the EU.

For me with the IT01S/ IT04/DK-4001 volume 75/75 would be way too loud. Even with my M7 75/75 is very loud I just prefer to trick it into AUX to get some more headroom.

May 13, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #225 of 292
Yes my G7 is EU/UK model. But again I doubt that it would be different if I bought it outside the EU.

For me with the IT01S/ IT04/DK-4001 volume 75/75 would be way too loud. Even with my M7 75/75 is very loud I just prefer to trick it into AUX to get some more headroom.

Yeah I like more headroom, how would you say it compares to your DAPS for SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back