LG G6 Sound Quality
Apr 8, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #61 of 453
Are you using the korean lg g6 variant which has the quad dac or the non quad dac variant?

Non-quad, US T-Mobile version. Sounds pretty amazing, just "lesser than" if that makes sense. If the quad DAC was activated, the v20 I would call the best sounding phone I'd ever heard. The G6 is ~90-95% of the way there. I have to bump the volume higher (40-45 out of 70 on the v20, closer to 80% on the g6), but I'm not hearing much of a quality dip.

What's also good about the g6 is the fact that it's just one setup. The v20 had a really big issue: the damn quad DAC didn't seem to turn on sometimes. If hifi mode wasn't enabled, it sounded kinda rough, and I had times where it was obvious the quad wasn't activating. Turn the toggle on and off and on again to no response. So although the v20 does sound better in HiFi mode, the headache wasn't worth it.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #62 of 453
I use the V20 Bang and Olufson tuned version ..
I never faced with such issues.
But maybe the 'dynamic volume levelling' feature of V20 CAN do something like this ..

Anyway it must be a software issue , probably will get fixed in next couple of updates or so ..

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #63 of 453
I use the V20 Bang and Olufson tuned version ..
I never faced with such issues.
But maybe the 'dynamic volume levelling' feature of V20 CAN do something like this ..

Anyway it must be a software issue , probably will get fixed in next couple of updates or so ..

Same one I had. I bought the thing day one. I mean it sounded awesome, and seriously if yours works no problem I ain't gonna tell you to switch. I just got annoyed because it was super hit and miss for me.

Apr 8, 2017 at 8:14 PM Post #64 of 453
Same one I had. I bought the thing day one. I mean it sounded awesome, and seriously if yours works no problem I ain't gonna tell you to switch. I just got annoyed because it was super hit and miss for me.

Loose headphone jack (reported in youtube) can cause this too
Or you can try to factory reset couple of times going to recovery to see what happens

Most software 'glitches' like this can get fixed when recovery rewrites system.img

I had lil heating issues that got fixed this way..
Good luck :blush:

Apr 8, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #65 of 453
Loose headphone jack (reported in youtube) can cause this too
Or you can try to factory reset couple of times going to recovery to see what happens

Most software 'glitches' like this can get fixed when recovery rewrites system.img

I had lil heating issues that got fixed this way..
Good luck :blush:

I've had 2 v20s actually. Both did it. :/ 

I'm willing to call it a software problem, but either way I'm pretty satisfied as is.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #69 of 453
Hi,
Can anyone either post a link to a review of the LG G6 hifi Dac model (either the Hong Kong or the recently released new Australian model- released today). I am specifically interested in the review of the sound in this model. I can find plenty of reviews of the American model but this does not have the hifi dac.
Thanks

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #72 of 453
If it wasn't for today being Good Friday, I would have had the quad dac G6 today.

I will be testing the audio with a range of in ears, over ears and the Bluetooth aptx and aptx HD. Very excited about this phone.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #74 of 453

Being using my Korean LG G6 for 3 weeks.  Quad DAC is really nice.  Definitely better than my iPhone 7 plus.   Good details and clear reference sound.  But don't expect it to better dedicated DAPs, especially with 24-bit HD tracks.   Other than that, the LG G6 is a great phone with great ergonomics and so much more "light-weight" and "able to use with one-hand" than iPhone 7 plus, without sacrificing the large screen.   Just my user experience so far.   

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:09 AM Post #75 of 453
evolutionx
Can you comment on the AMP capacity of G6.
V20 had a dedicated amp and lg touted so in their ads saying "Quad DAC+headphone Amp" but so far havent found something equivalent for G6 which is odd coz if it were there , they surely would promote it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back