LG G6 Sound Quality
Nov 20, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #409 of 453
Hi everyone.

Got my G6 Plus 3 days ago and been testing it and comparing it to my HTC m7. compared to HTC m7, G6 has much less bass and soundstage.

But high frequencies have much greater clarity and control.

overall a pleasing sound signature that is great for hi fi audio, instrumentals, and concerts. i would still prefer my m7 for modern day music.

Nov 20, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #410 of 453
Hi everyone.

Got my G6 Plus 3 days ago and been testing it and comparing it to my HTC m7. compared to HTC m7, G6 has much less bass and soundstage.

But high frequencies have much greater clarity and control.

overall a pleasing sound signature that is great for hi fi audio, instrumentals, and concerts. i would still prefer my m7 for modern day music.
The G6 needs something like the FiiO A5 to shine in the soundstage department. It's amp related.

Nov 27, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #412 of 453
Just a quick question. How long does it last on a battery with screen on full time.

Dec 5, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #414 of 453
Any solution for a permanent fix for the dysfunctional headphone jack?. For months now I have been relying on 3.5mm cables with mic, since 4 pins (cables with mics) function ok. My headphone jack cuts out and creates statics whenever little movement is made while using 3pin cables (cables without mic). I've tried the solution of slightly pulling the wires in the jack with a pin of some sort, but within minutes the problem returns. Anyone know how I can permanently fix?.

Dec 8, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #415 of 453
It's a shame that LG used a high quality DAC and restricted it to only high imoedence headphones to take full advantage

They should add a manual option to turn quad DAC on or off for all headphones not just high imoedence headphones

I am finally selling it to get fiio x7ii...listened the x7ii and it's mind blowing awesome and has simple options to control all DAC features

The software on G6 has killed this great audio phone ... Too bad even V30 suffers from these nonsense setup

Bye bye LG phones now

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #416 of 453
I am finally selling it to get fiio x7ii...listened the x7ii and it's mind blowing awesome and has simple options to control all DAC features

The software on G6 has killed this great audio phone ... Too bad even V30 suffers from these nonsense setup

Bye bye LG phones now
This is a common issue with devices mass-manufactured for base consumers.
Idiot-proof UIs and settings are certainly nice for the masses but counterproductive for audiophiles, unfortunately.
Which is exactly why dedicated DAPs still exist in 2017...

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #417 of 453
Planning to snag the G6 just because the prices on it now is pretty good. Just a few questions...

1) If I'm planning to use my Campfire Andromeda on these, I'm assuming it'll just use one day since they are low impedance?
2) The dac that will be used would be the ESS dac, not the SD dac, yes?
3) All I need to make sure I'm using the ESS dac would be to turn on the hifi mode, and that's it?

Dec 10, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #418 of 453
Can't answer question 1 as I don't have the Andromeda nor used it on my phone before.

2) As long as you plug it into the headphone jack, it defaults into the ESS DAC.

3) Yes. Its somewhere in the settings section.

Note: It has an "external device" mode than can be duped by using a jack extension, or splitter or angle adaptor. Plug that into the phone without the earphones first. Start the music player and then plug in your earphones. It will inject more power into the line. Just be careful with the volume controls there.

Dec 10, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #419 of 453
Planning to snag the G6 just because the prices on it now is pretty good. Just a few questions...

1) If I'm planning to use my Campfire Andromeda on these, I'm assuming it'll just use one day since they are low impedance?
2) The dac that will be used would be the ESS dac, not the SD dac, yes?
3) All I need to make sure I'm using the ESS dac would be to turn on the hifi mode, and that's it?
What is the ohm of your headphone ? If it’s less G6 will not use full potential of its ESS quad dac and will show normal device connected

This is the major drawback of G6 or even v30 ... they should give an option to manually select full dac mode

Typically headphones with 50 or more ohms only triggers quad dac with full potential else lower doesn’t takes its advantage and to me they doesn’t sound as good as high impedance ones

Dec 10, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #420 of 453
What is the ohm of your headphone ? If it’s less G6 will not use full potential of its ESS quad dac and will show normal device connected

This is the major drawback of G6 or even v30 ... they should give an option to manually select full dac mode

Typically headphones with 50 or more ohms only triggers quad dac with full potential else lower doesn’t takes its advantage and to me they doesn’t sound as good as high impedance ones

The andromeda is around 12.8 ohms. I don't really care if all four dacs are activated. 4 doesn't necessarily better 1. If they push out too much voltage it'll ruin the sound too anyway, plus you'll have little control of the volume. Using it I'm aux mode would just push the highest power it can. With sensitive iems this could damage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back