LG G5, Possible DAC or Camera modules. Audiophiles enjoy ?
Aug 12, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #857 of 1,050
Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble connecting my G5 with the DAC attached to it to my car. The audio suddenly cuts after a few songs. I tried using both the stock music player and the Hibymusic app. This doesn't happen when I connect my phone to my iems and headphones. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #858 of 1,050
Hello Everyone,

I am having trouble connecting my G5 with the DAC attached to it to my car. The audio suddenly cuts after a few songs. I tried using both the stock music player and the Hibymusic app. This doesn't happen when I connect my phone to my iems and headphones. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Thanks

Are you trying to connect through the aux port or Bluetooth?

Aug 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #859 of 1,050
How tight is the cabling, and does it happen only when moving, or stationary as well? I have to say that the port to connect the module to the phone isn't the strongest, and if your cabling is pulling on the Jack, it might cause disconnections

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #867 of 1,050
Just plugged it in for the first time. I'm impressed!

If I plug in my momentum 2 wireless with the power switched on it outputs a much higher volume than if I do so switched off.
It'll hold the output even if I then switch them off.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #868 of 1,050
Yes if you go into settings, the sound tab, then near the bottom, 32 bit DAC, you'll see that switched on will either show as aux mode or high impedance mode, whereas opposite mode will be "normal"...

Arguably high impedance mode sounds the best, but YMMV of course.

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #869 of 1,050
Yes if you go into settings, the sound tab, then near the bottom, 32 bit DAC, you'll see that switched on will either show as aux mode or high impedance mode, whereas opposite mode will be "normal"...

Arguably high impedance mode sounds the best, but YMMV of course.

You are indeed correct.

I'm assuming that having the Momentum's switched on raises the impedance of them then?

Aug 14, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #870 of 1,050
You are indeed correct.

I'm assuming that having the Momentum's switched on raises the impedance of them then?
yes, as your adding amping, so their is less power draw (impedance goes up).

Another way to do it is to add an extension cable, plugging that into the Jack and then adding the headphones afterwards :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back