LG G2 coming soon
Sep 16, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #16 of 22
Hey everyone this is my first post on head-fi even though I've been lurking around here for a couple months. I have an HTC one and just ordered a pair of vmoda m80s that are on their way from newegg and I'm wondering if this LG g2 is as good as the HTC one or better in the sound quality department. I had the optimus G and it was horrendous when it came to sound quality, I hope it's nothing like that at all. Thanks.

Sep 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #17 of 22
  Hey everyone this is my first post on head-fi even though I've been lurking around here for a couple months. I have an HTC one and just ordered a pair of vmoda m80s that are on their way from newegg and I'm wondering if this LG g2 is as good as the HTC one or better in the sound quality department. I had the optimus G and it was horrendous when it came to sound quality, I hope it's nothing like that at all. Thanks.

Horrendous? Be more specific...signature, bass, mids, treble, soundstage, imaging, volume?

Sep 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #18 of 22

I have the Optimus G Pro and it sounds quite good....just a bit low volume-wise. 

Sep 16, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #19 of 22
I got my G2 this morning. So far, very impressed. It is a different sound than my GS3 w/Wolfson but quite good IMHO. And definitely louder out of the box than the GS3 was. In a few days, after a little more listening, I will report back.

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #20 of 22
Could someone try the G2 with a dac via otg? I'm interested in pulling the trigger for the G2, but I need this to work with an Apex Glacier. Had my eyes on the HTC One to date, but the G2 really is a beaut!

Nov 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #21 of 22
I'd love to hear some more impressions on the volume level.  I currently have a Galaxy S3 that I use with a pair of 1964 Ears V3's and the levels at anything above about the lowest allowable level are ear splitting.  For some reason the levels in the Google Music Play app are higher than my other music players but even they are very high.  As it stands now it is impossible to lower the volume to a point that the music can be used as background while I work.  I'm contemplating upgrading to the G2 but wouldn't want to find myself in a similar situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back