LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:17 PM Post #496 of 633
Thanks LFF look forward to testing these bad boys out and getting to meet there maker at San Diego

Very cool! Make sure you stop by and say hello! :)

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #498 of 633
the future has become unclear

http://mrspeakers.com/alpha-prime-headphones/

damn it & at the same time WHOO HOO!!

I've listen to both the alpha dogs & the slants but never a/b them.  Now I have to contemplate a whole new possible future.  What we need is a mediator to get LFF and Mr. Speaker collaborate.

Oct 4, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #499 of 633
Alpha dog prime? You mean the alpha dog with the Russian roulette mod?

If you want neutral, go paradox, if you want a little more stage width and a little more bass presence, paradox slants, and if you want a little more fun, get the Enigma. I've not heard any of Mr. Speakers' products that compare. I'll audition the primes just like I've auditioned everything else, but the Paradox line and the Enigmas are something else.

Oct 4, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #500 of 633
Alpha dog prime? You mean the alpha dog with the Russian roulette mod?

If you want neutral, go paradox, if you want a little more stage width and a little more bass presence, paradox slants, and if you want a little more fun, get the Enigma. I've not heard any of Mr. Speakers' products that compare. I'll audition the primes just like I've auditioned everything else, but the Paradox line and the Enigmas are something else.

eek.gif
i know you were kidding but I would totally be interested in that mod.

I am definitely leaning towards LFFs headphones but I have to audition them with my own gear.  I heard the slants out of a bricasti M1---->cavalli liquid glass and the alpha dogs out of auralic -----> liquid glass, so which will jive with my gear is now my more pressing question I'm mostly mobile so thats something to take into consideration.  Just saying I respect both LFF and Mr. Speaker so I would have to make a more educated decission as to who to give my business too.

Oct 10, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #503 of 633
Moving and needing to downgrade :frowning2:  I'm also going to be selling my HE560. If I can sell both I may consolidate into a LCD3, but that's a big 'IF' right now. It's 'house buying' time soon and every little bit helps.

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #504 of 633
If I can find a buyer for my HE-400s & 500s I'd love to get my hands on the 560s :) Also have a pair of Slants in the works and expect the sound signature to be much more my taste than the Enigma.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #506 of 633
I don't know about you, but I'm glad I have had mine for months more than anyone ordering now.

Another one? I thought u were waiting for a code-x? Damn..u must be a collector of Luis'es work then :wink:
For me..until now..my code-x was a homerun..totally out of the park performance...cant imagine any other headphone until 2000usd to improve that in a big way....hope to hear an enigma one day soon on a local meet..until now i use a 8year old beyer mmx300 for my gaming and movie watching on my pc..until now my favorite (closed) headphone for that..and its built like a tank..no other headphone i had in my hands feel so solid..AND IS SO SOLID BUILT like that one..no matter the price range! But u never know...enigma could be its replacement after so many years...i will give it the 'accidental' fall on the floor test for sure..the beyer passed that many times now...and not a scratch! :wink:

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:32 PM Post #507 of 633
Love my slants and Enigmas. Code-X will join HD800 on my main system, though.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #508 of 633
Oct 12, 2014 at 6:06 PM Post #509 of 633
Out of curiosity, how does one order an Enigma, or read more about its specifications from the manufacturer?  Any mention of it seems to be completely absent from the manufacturer's web site, which does not inspire confidence from the prospective buyer.  (By comparison, the Alpha Prime is listed with some details and photos on the Mr. Speakers site.  Just sayin'.)

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #510 of 633
Just PM LFF for any information on products not on his website. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back