Letter to Little Dot -- LDII+ owners, PLEASE read
Nov 10, 2006 at 1:57 PM Post #151 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solitary1

I was one the very early owners of the original LD II, before that group buy on another forum bought all of those light show LD IIs. I never had a problem wih mine, just the usual microphonics common to that early model and some sensitivity to interference. I would not take a chance now, each version has had its share of issues.

Yes, the LD2+ still has all those issues.

Nov 11, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #152 of 220
mad.gif
my LD2+ has no more blue sparks during startup, but i do notice there will be faint blue clouds in BOTH power tubes when i turn on the unit. It just "glow" for a split second.
blink.gif

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:32 AM Post #153 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by yrh0413
my LD2+ has no more blue sparks during startup, but i do notice there will be faint blue clouds in BOTH power tubes when i turn on the unit. It just "glow" for a split second.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

Check out the following statement from the Little Dot compary. If you're still interested...

Quote:

Originally Posted by sword_yang
Dear David S. Cohen:
I'm sorry that I saw your letter so late.(If you have sent it to my email:swco@163.com or szdsplab@sina.com,I could have seen it earlier.) As we all know ,LD II&LD III have been producing for more than 1 year ,which have the same power tube as LD II+ has :4P1S. We will produce LD II+ & LD III+ with the same tube in them . There are a very few quality problems that we will try our best to solve for our customers as before to perfect our after service .To appreciate our old customers'support to LD series , we can give them a preferential price in this month (11/2006)if they're interested in LD II++. Because of the unsuitability of announcing business information here ,please contact the franchiser .
Thanks .
Yang.

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:40 PM Post #154 of 220
Dear customers,
We're really sorry for the inconvenience our prodocts have brought .In order to make better use of your LD ,we offer you two ways of upgrade :
1.pay another 60USD of price difference and send your old LDII+ back (customers pay the carriage),then we will send you a new LDII++(we pay the carriage)
2.pay 99+39 USD ,we will send you a new LDII++.
Thankds!
Yang.

(any question EMAIL to me please : szdsplab@sina.com)

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:20 PM Post #155 of 220
Quote:

Dear customers,
We're really sorry for the inconvenience our prodocts have brought .In order to make better use of your LD ,we offer you two ways of upgrade :
1.pay another 60USD of price difference and send your old LDII+ back (customers pay the carriage),then we will send you a new LDII++(we pay the carriage)
Thankds!
Yang.

That's a very kind offer you have. I may just have to take you up on one of them.
biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #156 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
Yes, the LD2+ still has all those issues.

Rather than the 'blue arc of tube death', what do you guys think about calling it the 'aqua arc of audio armageddon' instead?

Gotta admit, it does look pretty cool provided that it doesn't kill your headphones, though.

frown.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:22 PM Post #157 of 220
Quote:

Dear customers,
Thankds!
Yang.

hmmm, so if we send back our old LD2+, all we have to pay is 60USD?

So that's sending in our old LD2+ and 60$USD for a LD2++?

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #158 of 220
Quote:

Dear customers,
Thankds!
Yang.

That means more than 1 MONTH of amplessness.
frown.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #159 of 220
Well now... Even I am impressed with Mr. Swords offer of exchange for 60 + shipping....

*takes note for Little Dot folks being someone whom I might like to do business with in the future*

-And the power of Head-Fi letter writting community-

Quote:

Dear customers,
Thankds!
Yang.

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #160 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen
Well now... Even I am impressed with Mr. Swords offer of exchange for 60 + shipping....

*takes note for Little Dot folks being someone whom I might like to do business with in the future*

-And the power of Head-Fi letter writting community-

While it is impressive, the money added up $60 + $60 shipping = $120 for small upgrade doesnt seem that impressive at all.

Is it possible to have it sent back to the reseller?

Nov 11, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #161 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude
While it is impressive, the money added up $60 + $60 shipping = $120 for small upgrade doesnt seem that impressive at all.

Is it possible to have it sent back to the reseller?

I was wondering the same thing. I think the tubes came from Ohio?

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:19 PM Post #162 of 220
Quote:

Dear customers,
Thankds!
Yang.

The lowest cost is at least ~$100 to have a replacement for the ld2+. Is the current cost of a new ld2+ $140 ????

I'm questioning my arithmatic ability.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 10:28 PM Post #163 of 220
does anybody know how long this offer stands? i just received my new tubes and they do not arc at all. however, if one day they do begin to arc again, will i be able to exchange it then?

Nov 11, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #164 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3x331m
The lowest cost is at least ~$100 to have a replacement for the ld2+. Is the current cost of a new ld2+ $140 ????

I'm questioning my arithmatic ability.
evil_smiley.gif

I don't understand what you're saying.
To get an LDII++ you can buy it for $140 if you have an LDII+. I think that's what is being said. That, or send it back in, pay $60+shipping to send it back to them, and get a LDII++ for no further payments.

Nov 12, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #165 of 220
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I don't understand what you're saying.
To get an LDII++ you can buy it for $140 if you have an LDII+. I think that's what is being said. That, or send it back in, pay $60+shipping to send it back to them, and get a LDII++ for no further payments.

Yes, but that's another $100 to $120 dollars on top of the $200 we paid to get the LD2+. In the end, you want to ask, is the LD2++ worth $300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back