LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Mar 23, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,804 of 1,906
S12 Pro got a cable upgrade because I ended up with a spare and it looks cool.

Great companion on a early autumn morning walk in the sunshine. Running off Shanling M3 Ultra and sounding great.

Yes they ended up with a little condensation on the grills at the end of the nozzles but just leave them sitting out of the case for a few hours and it soon dries and no harm done.

IMG_0328.jpeg

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #1,805 of 1,906
s12 pro grills are FAR more coarse than S12 og grills. On the other hand S12 pro has a foam insert where the OG does not. The foam can collect ear moisture whereas the grill on the OG can collect ear cheese.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #1,806 of 1,906
s12 pro grills are FAR more coarse than S12 og grills. On the other hand S12 pro has a foam insert where the OG does not. The foam can collect ear moisture whereas the grill on the OG can collect ear cheese.
If I buy an S12 Pro, take out the grill and foams, does it become a regular S12 from the upper mids, treble, air? What about the damper inside the shell, are they different?

Mar 24, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #1,807 of 1,906
The OG s12 has no dampers or anything and has the 1st gen planar driver. The S12 pro has a foam in the bore, no damper, and the 2nd gen driver. If you remove the foam from the s12 Pro it will not be the same as the OG due to tuning differences AND the 2nd gen driver.

Mar 24, 2024 at 1:11 PM Post #1,808 of 1,906
Also contacted Letshuoer support, gonna be interesting to see how well they communicate and respond, as previously I have poor experience with other chi-fi company.
They have bad technical support! 👎 They didn't answer 3 of my emails at all. When I wrote to them about the problem with the formation of condensation in the S12 Pro, their technical support did not even understand what I meant and started asking me about earwax 😄

Beyerdynamic and FiiO have good technical support 👍 For example, I asked the Beyerdynamic technical support staff what the diameter of the dynamic driver in their Soul Byrd was, after which they sent a request to the appropriate department and literally after 2-3 days I already received an answer from them (the size of the dynamic driver is 8.7 mm).
Beyerdynamic and FiiO answer ALL my emails instead of ignoring them like Letshuoer.

By the way, I also wrote to FiiO technical support about the formation of condensation. I had this problem with their FD5. But unlike Letshuoer, FiiO technical support responded to me, writing that my complaint would be sent to the engineering department for consideration.

Letshuoer doesn't seem to care what its customers think about their products =(

Yes they ended up with a little condensation on the grills at the end of the nozzles but just leave them sitting out of the case for a few hours and it soon dries and no harm done.
The formation of condensation leads to blurring of the sound. In addition, visually these drops irritate me, because I constantly want to wipe the sound tube meshes with some piece of paper or a napkin. This is why in my life I will never again buy in-ear earphones whose bodies are completely made of metal.

Mar 24, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #1,809 of 1,906
All this can be forgiven for headphones for 5-10 dollars from an unknown Chinese company. But when we are talking about headphones for $135 from a fairly well-known Chinese company, and what’s more, about their bestseller, this is already unforgivable! In addition, this is an update released on the company's 6th anniversary, so it should already contain all sorts of bug fixes made in the original version.

And yes, I have another rhetorical question: how is it that DMA from BGVP does not have ANY of the problems that the S12 Pro from LetShuoer has, and which I have already listed here? Apparently this happens because the BGVP company is more pedantic and attentive to the development of its products than the Letshuoer company.
I’m reading assumptions as to what Letshuoer should do. Perhaps it’s best to leave that to the official rep who has been very tactful in this matter.

I do not expect perfection in this price range. Heck, I don’t even examine my purchases for cosmetic defects, I just listen to them. Why look for imperfections that you cannot unsee or would otherwise adversely impact your perception or enjoyment of a product?

My first impressions of the s12 having heard them last week. Without knowing what they cost. The rep told me they were entry level.

Safe tuning. Enjoyable and non-fatiguing. Actually thought they lacked treble extension. Somewhat closed. Not that resolving. But i liked the overall sound. I think I used my own W1 tips

But in the same hour I had listened to Volur, Ronin, Spartacus, Cadenza 12. I ended up purchasing Spartacus.

I’ll be honest. I don’t listen to $100 IEMs a lot. But compared to a pair or AirPods, the S12 was a very compelling budget option.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 5:15 PM Post #1,810 of 1,906
I don't have an "condensation" issues with S12pro. I don't work out with them in my ears and I don't wear IEMs outside in the freezing cold or when it's really hot so I'd sweat all over the them. That's just me though I know people do. I'd rather have a metal housing anyday then some plastic cheap BS myself but that's me again. Plastic is not going to stop sweat or going outside where it's cold the inside where condensation would form.

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #1,811 of 1,906
I don't have an "condensation" issues with S12pro. I don't work out with them in my ears and I don't wear IEMs outside in the freezing cold or when it's really hot so I'd sweat all over the them. That's just me though I know people do. I'd rather have a metal housing anyday then some plastic cheap BS myself but that's me again. Plastic is not going to stop sweat or going outside where it's cold the inside where condensation would form.
The funny thing is that I don’t take the S12 Pro with me outside at all! I use them EXCLUSIVELY at home, but condensation still forms on the sound tube meshes :sweat_drops: This occurs during the cold season and/or with high humidity :cloud_rain:☔ I had a similar problem in my previous IEM - FiiO FD5.
As for cheap plastic. Firstly, there are different types of plastic, not just cheap ones :wink: There is plastic coated with soft touch, which is much more pleasant to the touch and for the inside of the ear than rough and cold metal. Secondly, there is resin, like in BGVP DMA, which is also quite pleasant to the touch 👌 There are enough places in in-ear headphones where you can use metal - a plug, a splitter, a chin slider, an MMCX/2-pin plug, faceplates, a mesh on sound tubes. Besides, I don’t know any people who would enjoy sticking icy metal shells into their ears during the cold season, especially in winter ❄️☃️🥶 There are no such problems with plastic and resin either.

Mar 24, 2024 at 11:25 PM Post #1,813 of 1,906
They have bad technical support! 👎 They didn't answer 3 of my emails at all. When I wrote to them about the problem with the formation of condensation in the S12 Pro, their technical support did not even understand what I meant and started asking me about earwax 😄

Beyerdynamic and FiiO have good technical support 👍 For example, I asked the Beyerdynamic technical support staff what the diameter of the dynamic driver in their Soul Byrd was, after which they sent a request to the appropriate department and literally after 2-3 days I already received an answer from them (the size of the dynamic driver is 8.7 mm).
Beyerdynamic and FiiO answer ALL my emails instead of ignoring them like Letshuoer.

By the way, I also wrote to FiiO technical support about the formation of condensation. I had this problem with their FD5. But unlike Letshuoer, FiiO technical support responded to me, writing that my complaint would be sent to the engineering department for consideration.

Letshuoer doesn't seem to care what its customers think about their products =(

The formation of condensation leads to blurring of the sound. In addition, visually these drops irritate me, because I constantly want to wipe the sound tube meshes with some piece of paper or a napkin. This is why in my life I will never again buy in-ear earphones whose bodies are completely made of metal.
Hi there, if you could DM me your email address, or email me at joseph@letshuoer.com. Our support usually start off with earwax because that's the #1 reason for RMA for most of our products when it comes to channel imbalance.

We do care about what our customer think and that's why I'm here. For condensation, we haven't gotten a lot of complains about it. If your unit is bought within a year we can do an exchange to see if this will solve the issue. Thanks.

Regards,
Joseph

LETSHUOER Stay updated on LETSHUOER at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/letshuoer https://twitter.com/letshuoer https://www.instagram.com/letshuoer/ https://letshuoer.net/ https://www.youtube.com/@letshuoer
Mar 25, 2024 at 5:25 PM Post #1,814 of 1,906
For condensation, we haven't gotten a lot of complains about it. If your unit is bought within a year we can do an exchange to see if this will solve the issue. Thanks.
It seems you don't even understand what condensation is and when it occurs. Why should I send you my copy if it is completely working? 🤨 You write that if something happened, you could make an exchange and see if this solves the problem. How can exchanging my copy for a completely new one solve this problem? 🤔 I have two S12 Pros and both suffer from condensation. The only way to solve this problem is to release a new version of S12 in a plastic housing (for a pleasant tactile sensation in the ears and better grip, the plastic itself can be covered with soft touch) or, for example, in resin, as in BGVP DMA and Moondrop Blessing 3.

Why haven't you received many complaints about this problem? Firstly, few people, after listening to music, closely examine the mesh of sound tubes for the presence of condensate drops formed there 🧐:sweat_drops: Secondly, condensation occurs only in the cold season and/or with high humidity (I have never encountered condensation in the summer). Secondly, the presence of condensation itself does not lead to damage to the headphones (except in rare cases).

If the Letshuoer engineering team wants to understand what the problem is and what it looks like, then I advise you to send the following message to the engineering department: in order for condensation drops to form on the sound tube meshes, you need to insert the S12 Pro into your ears and wear them for at least 30 minutes (or even better, 1 hour) in a relatively cold room (possibly outside) and preferably with high humidity ❄️🥶:cloud_rain:☔ I think those who live in England understand me very well ^^

And yes, on Amazon you can read a lot of complaints about the problem of condensation in the iconic Moondrop Aria, the housing of which are also made entirely of metal.

The presence of drops of condensation on the mesh of sound tubes is very annoying, because not only do they cause the sound to become blurred, but you also constantly worry that they might get on the earphone driver.

I have never encountered condensation in earphones whose housings are made of plastic or resin. In my case it's: Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd, Sennheiser IE 100 Pro, Sennheiser IE 300, TinHiFi T3 Plus, TinHiFi P1 Max & BGVP DMA. But this problem constantly bothers me in Letshuoer S12 Pro and FiiO FD5.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back