LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Mar 17, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #1,771 of 1,906
I got my S12 Pro about 6 months ago, and after a period of immense buyer's remorse, I finally found the perfect tips that give me perfect resonance and sibilance free listening.

Here's what I discovered along the way:

Final Audio Type E: A slight drop in treble but it caused immense resonance in my ear making sibilance appear in everything, even when pushed as far as it could go into my ear canal.

JVC Spiral Dot: It solved the issue of resonance but sibilance was unbearable. I could swear it boosted the treble.

Fiio vocal tips: It resolved the issue of sibilance for the most part, but sub-bass was severely compromised. A lot of the bass sounded like a rubber band.

Spinfit CP100 Plus: It tamed the treble to a really nice level, but sibilance caused by resonance was an issue.

Stock black tips: Even when pushed far down, resonance was still present and very distracting.

Spinfit CP145: Nice open sound but still destroyed my ears with sibilance.

Truthear Hexa stock white tips: They even make the Hexa sound sibilant. The S12 Pro had no chance.

HiFiMan double flange: Tamed sibilance somewhat but the bass sounded hollow and very, very wrong.

So, what are the best tips?
Well, YMMV, but the stock white tips did the trick for me. It stopped resonance and sibilance. You just gotta insert them deep.
I really wish I could buy more of them somewhere as I'm really scared now that they might get lost or damaged.
I've also tried various tips in order to tame the treble, im very treble sensitive. Ended up with stock black tips and a micropore mod, cant recommend the mod enough, super simple to do and makes a world of difference.

Mar 17, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #1,772 of 1,906
Kinda late to the party but I'm loving the s12pro so far! Pairing them with the mojo1 which brings out the vocal a bit more and makes the midbass even punchier. W1s are my chosen tips.
Never been a fan of bass because I was more of an earbud guy but this setup definitely spoiled me lol. That bass is addictive

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2024 at 10:51 PM Post #1,773 of 1,906
I got my S12 Pro about 6 months ago, and after a period of immense buyer's remorse, I finally found the perfect tips that give me perfect resonance and sibilance free listening.

Here's what I discovered along the way:

Final Audio Type E: A slight drop in treble but it caused immense resonance in my ear making sibilance appear in everything, even when pushed as far as it could go into my ear canal.

JVC Spiral Dot: It solved the issue of resonance but sibilance was unbearable. I could swear it boosted the treble.

Fiio vocal tips: It resolved the issue of sibilance for the most part, but sub-bass was severely compromised. A lot of the bass sounded like a rubber band.

Spinfit CP100 Plus: It tamed the treble to a really nice level, but sibilance caused by resonance was an issue.

Stock black tips: Even when pushed far down, resonance was still present and very distracting.

Spinfit CP145: Nice open sound but still destroyed my ears with sibilance.

Truthear Hexa stock white tips: They even make the Hexa sound sibilant. The S12 Pro had no chance.

HiFiMan double flange: Tamed sibilance somewhat but the bass sounded hollow and very, very wrong.

So, what are the best tips?
Well, YMMV, but the stock white tips did the trick for me. It stopped resonance and sibilance. You just gotta insert them deep.
I really wish I could buy more of them somewhere as I'm really scared now that they might get lost or damaged.
Just FYI, if you need more of any stock tips, send me an email at joseph@letshuoer.com, we can send you maybe 10 pairs for about 30 bucks USD. Most of it will be shipping and processing fee. Thanks.

LETSHUOER Stay updated on LETSHUOER at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/letshuoer https://twitter.com/letshuoer https://www.instagram.com/letshuoer/ https://letshuoer.net/ https://www.youtube.com/@letshuoer
Mar 18, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #1,774 of 1,906
Hey thanks for quick reply! I've cleaned wax with alcohol wipe(not much wax tho), gonna try sit it in warm dry place, facing up without the silicone tip on. hopefully that will speed it up clearing the condensation.

Also contacted Letshuoer support, gonna be interesting to see how well they communicate and respond, as previously I have poor experience with other chi-fi company.
I just emailed you as well. For everyone's info, our #1 factor for RMA due to channel imbalance is earwax build up, and condensation we got maybe 2 complaints. Other than that it would be connection issues, so swap your cables if you have a spare. If after these two measures and you still have issues, there's a good chance it's not something that's user serviceable. Reach out and we can get an RMA in if it's still under warranty.

LETSHUOER Stay updated on LETSHUOER at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/letshuoer https://twitter.com/letshuoer https://www.instagram.com/letshuoer/ https://letshuoer.net/ https://www.youtube.com/@letshuoer
Mar 18, 2024 at 3:27 AM Post #1,777 of 1,906
For everyone's info, our #1 factor for RMA due to channel imbalance is earwax build up, and condensation we got maybe 2 complaints.
I noticed that condensation forms during the cold season (autumn, winter and the first months of spring) and/or with high humidity 🥶:sweat_drops: I observed this problem when I used FiiO FD5 (stainless steel body) and your Letshuoer S12 Pro (aluminum body). When using the Beyerdynamic Soul Byrd (plastic body), Sennheiser IE 300 (also plastic body) and BGVP DMA (medical resin body, only the faceplates are made of aluminum alloy), I did not notice such a problem, even when it was very cold and/or high humidity. From all of the above, we can draw a fairly simple conclusion: to avoid the formation of condensation, you will either have to stop using all in-ear headphones with a metal body, including the Letshuoer S12 Pro, or move to a warm country where there is no high humidity :sunny: Well, or wait and hope that someday in the near future Letshuoer will release a version of the S12 not in a metal body, but, say, in resin, like BGVP DMA. I would give this version the name Letshuoer S12 Pro X, similar to the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro X 😉

Mar 18, 2024 at 4:02 AM Post #1,778 of 1,906
@LetShuoer Audio
@LETSHUOER Support

Fake logo of passed "Hi-Res Audio" certification

And one more small wish to the manufacturer Letshuoer: please remove the “Hi-Res Audio” emblem from the front of the S12 Pro box. Only headphones that can reach 40 kHz should receive this badge, and the S12 Pro reaches a maximum of 20 kHz (this is indicated on the back of the box). That is, this “Hi-Res Audio” logo is misleading and is, in fact, a deception of buyers. It’s clear why this was done (for marketing purposes), but it’s still unpleasant. It's as if Letshuoer is disrespecting its customers by deceiving them and misleading them with fake logos.

P. S. By the way, many reviewers on YouTube notice this and laugh at it 🤭

20220924_163154-scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #1,779 of 1,906
I've also tried various tips in order to tame the treble, im very treble sensitive. Ended up with stock black tips and a micropore mod, cant recommend the mod enough, super simple to do and makes a world of difference.
I had this mod in mind when I bought them, but in the end I didn't need it. There is only one player I have where there is too much treble - the Hidisz AP80 Pro - somehow this one sound quite neutral with the S12Pro, with less bass, but with a bit of extra treble. So I use them more with the other players ( mostly FiiO, and The Burson Conductor Air )
As for tips I always use memory foams.
For these I use Comply TSX-500. It helps also with the wax as they have a foam filter.

Now I just received a pair of Kiwi Ears Melody - just another planar.
I wand to see the how they sound compared with the S12Pro, maybe they will pair better with the Hidisz.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #1,780 of 1,906
I don’t know about you all but am looking forward to the limited release ultra rare Letshuoer S12 Pro X VKE.

In the meantime I will have to slum it with my standard vanilla S12 Pro that sound really good and are insane value for money just as they are.

My ears only hear to about 16 khz so I am more than happy with the marketing department putting a hi res sticker on the box that I threw away months ago. I nor any other human alive can hear to 40 khz so I am okay with the standard S12 Pro that are so mundane that they only top out at the absolute upper limit human hearing. The upcoming S12 Pro X VKE will run to 40 khz, that will make no difference to what any human being can actually hear but at least the hi res sticker will be justified which is obviously the main consideration.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #1,781 of 1,906
Sarcasm is, of course, great, but firstly, my message was not addressed to you, and secondly, you are again provoking me into a battle and offtopic.
I am sure that the manufacturer, technical support and all other Letshuoer employees are not very interested in reading yet another enthusiastic comment about their product. There are already enough such comments on the Internet. Much more important is criticism and pointing out certain mistakes, problems and shortcomings, because based on the collected feedback, the manufacturer can improve their products, updating them in the future to make them even better.

Stop wasting your and my precious time on your idle talk.

Sorry, but I will ignore all further attacks directed at me.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:05 AM Post #1,782 of 1,906
I am sorry Vlad I should resist the urge, it is just that your ridiculous level of self importance makes it hard to resist having a little dig.

But on a more productive note, I have a sense Letshuoer are not especially interested in your opinion either Vlad. Perhaps if you picked your battles and didn’t complain about possibly every aspect of the S12 other than the sound and colour someone might be interested in what you have to say.

You may not sense it from your lofty perch but when you have such a long list of petty complaints, extending to a sticker on the box, I suspect most folks that have seen your posts have glazed over long ago.

Regardless, I will be keeping an eye out for the S12 Pro X VKE. If it gets released I will offer an official apology to you for having completely misread the room. As you might imagine I am not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #1,783 of 1,906
Sorry, but I'm a perfectionist and when I pay over $100 for in-ear headphones, I don't want to turn on a hair dryer to fix poorly implemented, cheap heat shrinks; I don’t want to constantly find, after taking the headphones out of my ears, silicone tips that remain inside the ear only because the manufacturer did not bother to make a special cutout inside the stem of the tip for a faint protrusion on the sound tube; I don't want to constantly push two-pin plugs into their connectors, because they don't stay in their connectors well and constantly come out (and this happens in both of my copies!); I don’t want to look with sadness at the drops of condensation formed on the mesh of the sound tubes, because the manufacturer did not bother to conduct laboratory tests in different climatic conditions. We could go on and on, but I hope the point is clear. Yes, I love and respect products that are thought out in detail, like Apple's. This is so bad? 🤨 Well, sorry, everyone is different 🤷‍♂️ For some, it is normal for headphones to literally fall apart in their hands after several months of use. That's why I bought BGVP DMA, which I'm incredibly happy about, because they are much better thought out in detail than Letshuoer's products.

P. S. The devil, as we know, is in the details 😈

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 7:39 AM Post #1,784 of 1,906
All this can be forgiven for headphones for 5-10 dollars from an unknown Chinese company. But when we are talking about headphones for $135 from a fairly well-known Chinese company, and what’s more, about their bestseller, this is already unforgivable! In addition, this is an update released on the company's 6th anniversary, so it should already contain all sorts of bug fixes made in the original version.

And yes, I have another rhetorical question: how is it that DMA from BGVP does not have ANY of the problems that the S12 Pro from LetShuoer has, and which I have already listed here? Apparently this happens because the BGVP company is more pedantic and attentive to the development of its products than the Letshuoer company.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #1,785 of 1,906
You are not a perfectionist you are unrealistic. The S12 is a budget set, expecting perfection at $135 is nonsense. They are phenomenal value just as they are. The S12Pro X VKE would cost twice as much and you wouldn’t buy them because they were to expensive or you would expect even more from them and still complain about something,

I had a chuckle at your expense with the Vlad Koon Edition thing but frankly I think you are just baiting for confrontation, I legitimately struggle to believe you are genuinely for real, I mean how long is the list now, and you expect anyone to take you seriously ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back