LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Feb 7, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #406 of 1,904
From the video: 20-160Hz at 8 dB, feed them plenty (1W?)... and this is the best basshead IEMs known to men, apparently, like being in a room with gigantic subwoofers:

From the comments: can go all the way down to 4Hz (and not a bad feeling)

Feb 7, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #407 of 1,904
Can u pls take a picture of how much tape to put o the nozzle . Tnx
A small square approx. 1/4" works just fine to cover the grille and the very end of the nozzle.

Attachments

• IMG_20220207_070657956~3.jpg
    IMG_20220207_070657956~3.jpg
    804.1 KB · Views: 0
Feb 7, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #408 of 1,904
It's quite true, the bass on the S12 is capable of a lot of rumble, air and impact. Because the S12 is a blank slate, equalisation wise, good audiophile tunings are possible too. I've not had an IEM that responds to EQ like this one.

Feb 7, 2022 at 10:51 AM Post #409 of 1,904
From the video: 20-160Hz at 8 dB, feed them plenty (1W?)... and this is the best basshead IEMs known to men, apparently, like being in a room with gigantic subwoofers:

From the comments: can go all the way down to 4Hz (and not a bad feeling)

Yeah, that was my video. I had to say something!! 1w is prolly excessive but it does need a LOT of power. Running 80 out 100 on the Burson Playmate 2 in low gain mode.. which is 3W

Feb 7, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #410 of 1,904
I've just received my pair and connected them balanced to my Soncoz SGA-1 desktop amp that's fed by the VMV d1SE.

They definitely gobble up power since I have to dial these in pretty far, absolutely pitch black background in max gain. The speed and attack, imaging and soundstage are impressive, much better than I expected. I'm mostly listening to iems that cost multitudes of this so I was genuinely surprised. The Soncoz has a smooth treble and delivers thicker mids with very solid bass and it seems the Shuoer S12 absolutely likes this as it positively sings.

I think if you hook them up to a dongle it's probably a different story, I'll test them later with my L&P W2.

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #411 of 1,904
The hybrids I was comparing them to are the Hidisz MS2 and GD3A, both of which are under 100 usd.

But yea I wasn't trying to be too negative, all things considered I just don't think they're worth the money relative to their competition at the price (150 starts putting you up against headphones). MAYBE if there were no quality control problems I'd be okay recommending them if you wanted something with balanced tuning. QC problems at this price when KZ can release a new 10-30 usd IEM every 3-4 weeks and have perfect QC? Inexcusable in my opinion. I plan on keeping mine but will probably never use them again unless it's for style lol

Feb 7, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #412 of 1,904
Oh bollocks! Mine just came in, started to have fun with them, but I think I'm having serious driver flex issues in left earphone - it sounds like a pop when tilting head, is this the driver flex? Also some weird distortion happened while playing a track, not sure how to describe it, same ear. It sometimes hums too...
I guess it's not going to fix itself and likely will have to replace them?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2022 at 3:05 PM Post #414 of 1,904
Oh bollocks! Mine just came in, started to have fun with them, but I think I'm having serious driver flex issues in left earphone - it sounds like a pop when tilting head, is this the driver flex? Also some weird distortion happened while playing a track, not sure how to describe it, same ear. It sometimes hums too...
Check there is no glue in the vents.

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #415 of 1,904
S12 is vented enough if you snap your fingers next to your ear you should be able to hear it decently. I'd try that and see if you notice any differences left to right.

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #416 of 1,904
That sucks - you should get them replaced, which is annoying enough and going thru the wait etc. but you should try getting a new set. I don't have any or noticed any on my set (I got small ear so the short nozzle is not an issue for me either)

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:30 PM Post #417 of 1,904
I really wish that Timeless fans would stick to the Timeless thread. I really like the S12 and it seems there are those here who just want to talk about the Timeless. We have found out the S12 is brighter and many prefer that. I have no intention of getting the Timeless, because I am poor, and I'm tired of those who just want to berate the S12. Do that on the Timeless thread.
That's good Dharma, Steve!

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #418 of 1,904
btr5 SE high gain (so 80mw max as i am still waiting for a 2.5 to 4.4mm adapter) tried rolling tips but tips seal seems ok as i hear no difference when pressing tips in with my fingers as you get when seal is not good enough. it seems planar bass is closer to BA bass and can't attain the roundness/warmth of DD bass, is there any affordable hybrid iem DD+planar to get the dual benefits of planar details in the mids + lushness/roundness of DD in the bass ?
Get yourself on the waiting list for the IMR EDP ACE. The orginal EDP is a classic. Much written on the IMR EDP Thread and the IMR Sonic Adventures thread. Only 150 of the new ACE will be made, but because of the pre-order wait time, some are dropping off the list. I've had the EDP and its the only IEM I really regret selling but the regret is gone with the release of ACE - Same Planar, similar tuning, upgraded CNT ADLC DD.

https://imracoustics.com/products/edp-ace

Feb 7, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #419 of 1,904
Just got mine and got exacly the same on my left iem. Talked to Letshuoer and they said i should tiproll, which i did and it got better. Not sure why this is.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back