LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jul 2, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,008 of 1,906
Can anyone suggest a dongle that gives proper power to S12. I already have Abigail, which is 1vrms. And sound blasterx g1, which Andy's donglemadness review as high power.

Do ibasso dc05 give more power? I got 40$.

Jul 4, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #1,012 of 1,906
I don't even think I'm going to open the S12's because I'm in love with the Olinas and I'm not sure the Sony NW-A55 is really going to be enough to power them to their fullest potential. Like, I'm sure they will still sound great through it, but it seems a waste to use them exclusively as portable IEM's through a DAP that isn't known for pushing out a lot of power when pretty much all the impressions I've seen seem to indicate they really shine with a bit more oomph. If I were someone who was going to alternate between using them on the go and at home with a high powered set up they sound like they would be perfect but I'm wondering if the Olina are more what I'm looking for because honestly, as it stands right now, I'm pretty well satisfied with how they sound.

EDIT: I opened them. I prefer the S12 by a large margin. I can't believe how good they sound, even through just a FiiO X1. Truly blown away.
I am planning to get the S12 for my Sony nw a 55 . How do they pair and would they be an improvement over the ibasso it00 ?
thanks

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #1,014 of 1,906
Apple USB-C or Lightning dongle.
yes, in the category of ultracheap dongle dac i have both abigail and apple dongle, apple dongle (EU version) has a power limitaion issue (obliging you to use bit direct app such as uapp) that abigail has not but abigail had a shielding issue causing my left channel to receive a radio channel signal (i was hearing music) at low amplitude but still audible in moments of silence, so yes go apple dongle unless you are in europe, use a smartphone and don't want to use a bit direct app to get proper loudness

Jul 4, 2022 at 7:30 AM Post #1,015 of 1,906
I am planning to get the S12 for my Sony nw a 55 . How do they pair and would they be an improvement over the ibasso it00 ?
thanks
i like my s12 and recommend it wholeheartedly (especially now that you can buy it for $130 with the first time buyer discount on letshuoer website ) but you should wait for more dioko reviews to popup (a $99 planar tuned by crinacle, so bigger sub bass than s12 while maintaining a balanced sound... at least this is the promise he makes and there are only 2 reviews out as of today so wait 1 more week before buying s12)

Jul 4, 2022 at 1:20 PM Post #1,016 of 1,906
i like my s12 and recommend it wholeheartedly (especially now that you can buy it for $130 with the first time buyer discount on letshuoer website ) but you should wait for more dioko reviews to popup (a $99 planar tuned by crinacle, so bigger sub bass than s12 while maintaining a balanced sound... at least this is the promise he makes and there are only 2 reviews out as of today so wait 1 more week before buying s12)
Great thanks,but I saw somewhere they have witnessed diokos sent out with defective parts and there is a recall

Jul 4, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #1,017 of 1,906
Great thanks,but I saw somewhere they have witnessed diokos sent out with defective parts and there is a recall
There isn’t a recall - the first 150 or so had incorrect filters. Free kits and instructions to replace the filters will be sent to those people who got them. They suspended sending out any more to fix that issue

Jul 4, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #1,018 of 1,906

There were only about 150 units sent out with the wrong filters. They’ve since recalled all of the incorrect units to the factory and are only sending out correct ones now. There was no recall per say, but they did send those 150 or so customers replacement filters and instructions on how to instal them.

Jul 4, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #1,019 of 1,906
so bigger sub bass than s12
Actually, according to bad guy reviews, s12 beats dioko in bass, while losing in every other category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back