LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jan 6, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #31 of 1,906
10/10 unboxing experience, plus the quality of everything stock is outstanding. Cable in particular is probably the best flowing in my cable collection. I feel that LETSHUOER (Shuoer) is such a sleeper brand in the community...

P_20220106_165236_vHDR_On_HP-01.jpegP_20220106_165454_vHDR_On_HP.jpgP_20220106_165857_vHDR_On_HP.jpgP_20220106_165949_vHDR_On_HP.jpgP_20220106_170120_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

Size comparison with BL-05s, KZ ZEX, Tea:

P_20220106_172752_vHDR_On_HP.jpgP_20220106_172816_vHDR_On_HP.jpgP_20220106_172856_vHDR_On_HP.jpg

Best blind buy ever.

Jan 6, 2022 at 11:17 PM Post #33 of 1,906
Those who gotten it probably paid for DHL. I was told that my set will be here in 2-4 weeks.
Depends on your location, a member used DHL to Portugal and I used standard Yanwen to UK. We both received it today :beerchug:

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:20 AM Post #35 of 1,906
S12 has much deeper soundstage to me. Details is clearer than timeless and I think it has brighter sound than timeless.
Again, I will say that I got approximately the same sensations when I took out the foam rubber from the 7Hz sound guide. How about a comfortable fit in your ear?? better than 7Hz? :)

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #36 of 1,906
Again, I will say that I got approximately the same sensations when I took out the foam rubber from the 7Hz sound guide. How about a comfortable fit in your ear?? better than 7Hz? :)
S12 abit tricky dunno is it due to short nozzle. But epro and stock silicone okay for me.Is pretty comfortable for me.I lazy to mod timeless. Lol

Jan 7, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #37 of 1,906
another very strange information: at 7Hz they write that the emitter is 14.2mm and here - 14.7mm, although the drivers are identical in the photo

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #39 of 1,906
A nice little present arrived through Yodel this morning. A very well packed, nicely boxed Shuoer ST12 Planar. First thing I noticed was the cable is exactly the same cable that came with my Shuoer Tape Pro. Good to see that because it is a very good solid two core cable. The IEMs themselves are that nice Shuoer industrial style, smaller than expected, and as solid as a brick outhouse. As per usual I put L Spiral Dot's on. My only experience with a planar previously was with the hybrid TRi i3. I learned then that Planar's need some juice to give their best. I got the S12, 4.4mm and have both a HiBy R5 and an iFi Hip-Dac to give them that juice. My first thought was to use the HiBy on high gain. First track I tried was to test sub-bass....Hans Zimmer, The Dark Night 3.20 onwards. Sub-bass is very noticeable and for me very present. On Ornette Coleman, Focus on Sanity, the Double Bass has presence and is in the right position in the mix, and there are good edges of the notes, which have enough solidity and presence. To me that is a very good sign. They do eat up the juice so you will need to turn the wick up, to get some real note edges. On the Stones, Laugh I Nearly Died, the initial drums give a good presence of the skins. Bass has texture, Mids so far seem to be positionally correct as well and not recessed. I'm going to put all else aside and concentrate on these for a month to get brain burn in and any other burn in. So far I think these are a very well tuned set, but that may change over time. I hope not. Fit should not be an issue for anybody as they are not a large IEM. For a well made planar, these are very good value.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #40 of 1,906
A nice little present arrived through Yodel this morning. A very well packed, nicely boxed Shuoer ST12 Planar. First thing I noticed was the cable is exactly the same cable that came with my Shuoer Tape Pro. Good to see that because it is a very good solid two core cable. The IEMs themselves are that nice Shuoer industrial style, smaller than expected, and as solid as a brick outhouse. As per usual I put L Spiral Dot's on. My only experience with a planar previously was with the hybrid TRi i3. I learned then that Planar's need some juice to give their best. I got them 4.4mm and have both a HiBy R5 and an iFi Hip-Dac to give them that juice. My first thought was to use the HiBy on high gain. First track I tried was to test sub-bass....Hans Zimmer, The Dark Night 3.20 onwards. Sub-bass is very noticeable and for me very present. On Ornette Coleman, Focus on Sanity, the Double Bass has presence and is in the right position in the mix, and there are good edges of the notes, which have enough solidity and presence. To me that is a very good sign. They do eat up the juice so you will need to turn the wick up, to get some real note edges. On the Stones, Laugh I Nearly Died, the initial drums give a good presence of the skins. Bass has texture, Mids so far seem to be positionally correct as well and not recessed. I'm going to put all else aside and concentrate on these for a month to get brain burn in and any other burn in. So far I think these are a very well tuned set, but that may change over time. I hope not. Fit should not be an issue for anybody as they are not a large IEM. For a well made planar, these are very good value.
Super, but what about highs ? :)

Jan 7, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #41 of 1,906
Super, but what about highs ? :)
Treble I'll have to give some concentration on, so that will take quite a few tracks to examine. The treble on my TRi i3 was not so detailed. At the moment I like timbre/tone of high notes on Daddy's Got a Gun, Naomi Bedford on the S12.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #42 of 1,906
Speaking of mobile power to drive S12, I just did a comparison:
  • Phone: ASUS Zenfone 4
  • Dongles: Apple USB-C Dongle (UK) / xDuoo Link
  • Cable: XINHS 4 Core Graphene 3.5mm
With phone jack: Volume already too loud for me at 70% phone volume.

Apple Dongle (UK): Volume only at my normal listening level when phone volume maxed out.

xDuoo Link: Volume loud at 65%, almost near death over 70%.

Surprising result, I don’t recommend using Apple USB-C Dongle with the S12, if you have the UK/EU nerfed version.

196201.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:04 PM Post #44 of 1,906
I've been listening, since my last post, to the Shuoer S12 the whole time. I'm aware that some Planars don't have the great slam of some DDs, but as I listen to Wolf Totem by the Hu (yep, not the Who) I'm aware that the S12 has plenty of slam and impact. My guess is that tip rolling will be important for the S12. Stage seems to be good and wide, imaging good, not holographic though. I have to admit that, only ever having had one planar before, that I am taken aback by the S12. It is very musical because of its good timbre/tone and the bass is very textured. Mids are very full and not wimpy at all. Treble I'll need to listen to more but I don't find, to my ears, any disturbing peaks. At the moment I think Shuoer have done a really good job with the S12.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #45 of 1,906
I'm sorry I missed d the launch price of these but may still grab a set. I just put my name on the list for the IMR EDP and still love my Timeless, but the early reports here are encouraging. For those of you new to planars, they will get much better. It'll be noticeable through 100 hour with continuous refinement upto about 300 hours. You're in for a treat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back