LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Jun 24, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #1,531 of 1,906
S12pro is an amazing iem for the money. It's like having a HE1000 Stealth with about 80% of the detail ,timbre,separation and soundstage ,90% of the bass quality but even better dynamics.

It's crazy. For me ,the 30$ Kiwi Ears Cadenza with a rather shallow w shaped eq is the perfect fun-satisfying complementary IEM for the S12 pro. It has even greater slam, warmer having this lush gorgeous midrange ,smoother treble and while the detail retrieval and vocal timbre is greatly improved with the eq...still not as good as the S12pro. But what an amazing companion for the S12pro!

So i really feel like the S12pro is my pocket HE1000 Stealth ,while the eq'ed Kiwi Cadenza is like a pocket Focal Clear MG.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,534 of 1,906
For me, yes, and the sedna xelastics work best for me to keep a stable fit. The funny thing with tips is that sometimes they don't work at all and then are perfect with different iems. That's my experience anyway.
Agreed, but I would also add that the tips need to fit both the IEM and the person using them. For example, I found that the Spinfit CP100+ work best on the S12 Pro, and the XELASTEC tips work best on my OH10s. Also, just got the Timeless AE a week ago, and they seem to love the Moondrop Spring tips.

Jul 18, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #1,536 of 1,906

The S12pro Headfonia review:​

https://www.headfonia.com/letshuoer-s12-pro-review/2/

Conclusion​

"For $159 USD, the Letshuoer S12Pro is more than a pleasant surprise, it’s a winner IEM.

Build quality is great, design is mild but comfort is very good, and for less than two hundred bucks, you get a very compelling sound, with solid lows, clean mids and great staging, in a life-lasting shell. If I didn’t expect much from those ears at first, I became immediately hooked the moment I put them in my ears. It outperformed the Gumiho and my old TinHifi P1 by far, and even out matches the FD5 my previous reference in this price range.."

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #1,538 of 1,906
Picked up the pro today open box for £80. Lovely set.

Got to say a lot of people on Reddit are recommending spinfit w1 tips for these. They don't work well for me at all, bring out loads of sibilance. The stock tips are much better, with just a small hint of sibilance.

The foam tips remove the sibilance all together for me, and warm things up a bit.

Jul 28, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #1,539 of 1,906
Picked up the pro today open box for £80. Lovely set.

Got to say a lot of people on Reddit are recommending spinfit w1 tips for these. They don't work well for me at all, bring out loads of sibilance. The stock tips are much better, with just a small hint of sibilance.

The foam tips remove the sibilance all together for me, and warm things up a bit.
I had the Spinfit CP100+ tips on them initially, but recently switched to the AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC tips and I much prefer them (on these IEMS). The Spinfit tips (W1 and CP100+) work great on other IEMs, but not the best for the S12 Pro (for me).

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #1,542 of 1,906
Ok, so my right channel iem rattles when I move my head or wiggle it. Anyone had this issue before?

Have you tried changing the cable?

If it still persists, probably a lose soldering or connection, best to get warranty activated if so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back