Lets Talk Metal
Aug 30, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #11,191 of 29,661
Quote:
Let's take a quick poll. How many of you guys have long hair? I'm curious because every male with long hair that I've met has been into metal, and usually vice versa.

Short here, here. I tried growing it out in high school-had the white guy with an afro look. Plus most of my friends have not been into metal. And, I'm old now :)

Aug 30, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #11,192 of 29,661
I'm slowly going bald, and refuse to pull a devin townsend pre-much needed shave. Shaved head

Aug 30, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #11,194 of 29,661
More short hair than I expected!

Quote:
Short here, here. I tried growing it out in high school-had the white guy with an afro look. Plus most of my friends have not been into metal. And, I'm old now :)

Haha, same here. I'd still grow it longer if possible, but it wants to go sideways instead.

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #11,195 of 29,661
Quote:
I haves long chest hair.

I have long nose hair!

I've always wanted to have long hair but it just gets super curly and wavy and piles up on the top of my head. It's a disgusting mess.

My son, on the other hand, is barely 2 years old and has epic long and flowing, yet still curly hair. Like Robert Plant in his prime. It's a thing of beauty.

Aug 30, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #11,196 of 29,661
Quote:
More short hair than I expected!

Haha, same here. I'd still grow it longer if possible, but it wants to go sideways instead.

Have you seen the dude in Hammer's of Misfortune. Pretty sad...Uh, I don't look like that. Seriously, if I could grow my hair long and look legit I'd totally rock that look. Nothing worse than the aging rocker with long hair in the back and bald in the front. I keep it short and it looks like I still have hair
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #11,197 of 29,661
Cut mine short because it's so hot here and I do lawn-care. I used to have in to my shoulders. Thinking about growing it out as I still have some pretty sweet hair 
cool.gif
. Short is so much easier though. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #11,198 of 29,661
Quote:
Have you seen the dude in Hammer's of Misfortune. Pretty sad...Uh, I don't look like that. Seriously, if I could grow my hair long and look legit I'd totally rock that look. Nothing worse than the aging rocker with long hair in the back and bald in the front. I keep it short and it looks like I still have hair
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #11,199 of 29,661
Brilliant.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #11,200 of 29,661
Quote:
Let's take a quick poll. How many of you guys have long hair? I'm curious because every male with long hair that I've met has been into metal, and usually vice versa.

Long hair because head banging looks stupid with out long hair.  Need proof?  Go look up videos of Kerry King in the 80's raging his awesome locks, to a video now where he looks like a child throwing a fit.

All that said, I've been gone for a while, so here's some Sarcafago.

Aug 30, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #11,201 of 29,661

Who else has a hard time opening records? Half of these are still sealed, one of which being from '73.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #11,204 of 29,661
Quote:
Hair past the waist once
Then the need for a job kicked in. Then the getting old kicked in.

So true.

At my first job right out of college, me and another guy (who would eventually become a really good friend) were hired about the same time. He had hair down to his shoulders and an earring. I was clean-cut. Office environment.

He was the better worker, tried harder, more efficient, everything. And I was kind of a trainwreck. Didn't matter. He got drug tested 4 times in the first year. I never did. He eventually complained to HR about it and they backed him, but he ended up cutting the hair anyway and said people started treating him a lot differently after that.

Aug 30, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #11,205 of 29,661
Quote:
So true.

At my first job right out of college, me and another guy (who would eventually become a really good friend) were hired about the same time. He had hair down to his shoulders and an earring. I was clean-cut. Office environment.

He was the better worker, tried harder, more efficient, everything. And I was kind of a trainwreck. Didn't matter. He got drug tested 4 times in the first year. I never did. He eventually complained to HR about it and they backed him, but he ended up cutting the hair anyway and said people started treating him a lot differently after that.

Sheesh Poor guy, now a days he'd be filthy rich for that kinda of non sense! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back