Lets Talk Metal
Jul 30, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #10,726 of 29,659
Quote:
This box is probaboy going to be to 400-500 dollars. Considering the number of LPs, shipping, and the recent price of Blood's SYL box.
IIRC preorder will be November/December. I'm keeping an eye on it because stuff like this sells out QUICK.

Wasn't the SYL box "only" 150€?
There were 6 or 7 LPs in it.

Oh I just saw that the Moonsorrow box will contain 13 LPs....

Shipping shouldn't be that much for me.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #10,728 of 29,659
OK-let me jump on the Moonsorrow bandwagon. I picked up Verisakeet some time back...I'm sure I misspelled that. Agreed, it very good. Love those long, epic suites.

BTW, in the same sort of vein, is Drudkh. Their album Microcosms from around the same time period I believe is quite good.

I just have one Moonsorrow and one Drudkh disc, but they are two of my favorites in that genre...would group them in with bands like Agalloch, WITR and some Blut Aus Nord-definitely some the more interesting atmospheric black metal I enjoy.

Jul 30, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #10,729 of 29,659
Funny, you guys were just talking about Agalloch but I was to lazy to look them up. Then last night I get myself to watch Jodorowsky's Fando Y Lis and while going through the IMDB board trying to figure out what the hell I had just watched someone mentions that Agolloch's The Hawthorne Passage uses a excerpt from the movie.
That finally convinced me to give me a listen and that was definitely worth it.

Here it is for those as lazy as I.
Also I recommend you guys watch Fando Y Lis, though I recommend you guys never watch Fando Y Lis.

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #10,730 of 29,659
WITR is a favorite. Probably another reason I like Moonsorrow. I think Celesial Lineage is a masterpiece. One of the best Metal albums ever, IMO. The flow and atmosphere of it is just flawless front to back.

EDIT: SYL was 225 Euro IIRC.

Jul 30, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #10,731 of 29,659
For the record moonsorrow are one of the best viking bands.I also like early early enslaved(eld is a masterpiece imho)

Jul 30, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #10,732 of 29,659
Not metal-but I've been enjoying the Cult's 2012 release, Choice of Weapon-as much as the new Sabbath.

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #10,733 of 29,659
Jul 31, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #10,734 of 29,659
Quote:
Not metal-but I've been enjoying the Cult's 2012 release, Choice of Weapon-as much as the new Sabbath.

I actually like the Cult quite a bit, watered down Danzig with more talent. LOL!

Spinning Pestilence Consuming Impulse right now.

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #10,735 of 29,659
Funny, you guys were just talking about Agalloch but I was to lazy to look them up. Then last night I get myself to watch Jodorowsky's Fando Y Lis and while going through the IMDB board trying to figure out what the hell I had just watched someone mentions that Agolloch's The Hawthorne Passage uses a excerpt from the movie.
That finally convinced me to give me a listen and that was definitely worth it.

Here it is for those as lazy as I.
Also I recommend you guys watch Fando Y Lis, though I recommend you guys never watch Fando Y Lis.

Now that you finished Jodorowsky's Fando and Lis your ready for El Topo and Holy Mountain. The allegory is the best in film!

Did you listen to the audio track where he somewhat explains the symbolism of the movie? Really though if you can get from the start to finish with Fando and Lis you will totally love Holy Mountain and ElTopo. El Topo is totally Heavy Metal!:cool:

Jul 31, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #10,736 of 29,659
Jul 31, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #10,737 of 29,659
Now that you finished Jodorowsky's Fando and Lis your ready for El Topo and Holy Mountain. The allegory is the best in film!

Did you listen to the audio track where he somewhat explains the symbolism of the movie? Really though if you can get from the start to finish with Fando and Lis you will totally love Holy Mountain and ElTopo. El Topo is totally Heavy Metal!:cool:

El topo simply rocks, one of the best movies I've ever seen in some ways...literally flawless "cult" movie
Holy mountain was also good in a different way. I should re watch them, it's been a while!
Fando y Lis was not his best but I love me some surrealism and "perversion" in my music and my movies

Jul 31, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #10,738 of 29,659
El topo simply rocks, one of the best movies I've ever seen in some ways...literally flawless "cult" movie
Holy mountain was also good in a different way. I should re watch them, it's been a while!
Fando y Lis was not his best but I love me some surrealism and "perversion" in my music and my movies

He actually has a Facebook page. Back in 2010-2012 all his posts where both in English and Spanish though now it's 100 percent Spanish. People ask him questions.

My favorite part of Fando and Liz is where he shows the jazz club snobs all dressed up listening to jazz in a very uppity way. He goes on to explain that everything is really built on the rubble of past generations so no matter how stylish you think you are your still standing on ruins.:p

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #10,739 of 29,659
Quote:
Wow, Thx! It's great. Just saw Evil Dead (2013) the vocals remind me of that movie.

I saw that approximately 3 weeks ago.  The old Evil Dead was so much scarier and funny (maybe because, I saw it on VHS as a child).

Jul 31, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #10,740 of 29,659
Opeth playing in my local radio. Wonder if they'll play the whole track (Deliverance) or they'll cut out like some other (I think) station did with The Day That Never Comes when it was a new single.
Previous song was Blodtorst by Kvelertak. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back